Coldplayer_42_arobtth

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The World Turned Upside Down ?

(I am a puzzle you're the missing piece....this metaphor also appears in Talk and Sleeping Sun)

Yes! You got it! Totally forgot about Sleeping Sun haha

The lyrics of Talk are "do you feel like a puzzle, you can't find your missing piece?" and then the missing piece was finally found in The World Turned Upside Down "I am a puzzle, you're the missing piece"

Your turn!!

Please, can we put in a new rule: if your puzzle refers to an alternate version or some other obscurity, can we please please include that in the first or at very least second clue?? I love this game and have gone over lyrics in every single song looking for an answer that only exists in a song that I didn't even know did! I didn't mean to either be difficult or make this game too easy. It's just that I tend to be very competitive and end up wasting a lot of time if not. LOL!! You all are just way too smart and clever for me or know Coldplay's off-album rare finds way better[emoji446]!! That's why I do this: I learn so much from all of you. What do you think?

Please, can we put in a new rule: if your puzzle refers to an alternate version or some other obscurity, can we please please include that in the first or at very least second clue?? I love this game and have gone over lyrics in every single song looking for an answer that only exists in a song that I didn't even know did! I didn't mean to either be difficult or make this game too easy. It's just that I tend to be very competitive and end up wasting a lot of time if not. LOL!! You all are just way too smart and clever for me or know Coldplay's off-album rare finds way better[emoji446]!! That's why I do this: I learn so much from all of you. What do you think?

Well, I kind of agree. When I give a puzzle, I try to make the answer at least a moderately-known song. Otherwise I try to make the puzzle kind of easy if it's unreleased or something obscure.

Well @iamsue, if you'd like to learn, perhaps you could spend some free time looking at a list of Coldplay songs on Wikipedia and then listening to the ones you haven't heard of before :)

Yes I will. That's how I look up the lyrics. But...(major) I am doing this on my phone and can't get the files to play or download much of the time. I need to be on my laptop to get them through the media section.

I am about to write an online mini training about how to find files there. There are so many, that it would be nice if we could stick to b-sides, singles and albums, not particular unique versions. Or example, I wouldn't even know which songs like Talk had alternate lyric versions. LIT or Lost are examples of ones that do, but are listed as different versions. How would you find out which songs have other versions?

Well, I kind of agree. When I give a puzzle, I try to make the answer at least a moderately-known song. Otherwise I try to make the puzzle kind of easy if it's unreleased or something obscure.

Thanks. Your puzzles are an example of something I try to do: You can use obvious songs, but give clues that aren't what they seem.

If you search each song, perhaps on wikicoldplay.com, you can find a lot of information about them[/[emoji443]] greatest apologies J, it would have told me that Talk had alternate versions. I still would not have known to ask at the time. Interesting sound bytes on Wiki!

Great idea! I did that just before I read this and, drumroll...

I understand that it is harder if we include little-known songs or song versions...but then again it's much more fun :D and you end up discovering new Coldplay gems ! We can include it in a clue though, that should work :)

And oops it's my turn ! Coming soon, coming soon....

- Most Coldplay fans know this phenomenon.

- I personally do not know it yet.

- This phenomenon has been mentioned in three different Coldplay songs.

In order to win this riddle, you must name all three of them ! No single song guesses please. (This will lead to less guesses being posted, which is good for me because I may not be able to respond much tomorrow).

OM... Were to start...

I don't know if you can qualify this as a "phenomenon" but because I know you have never been to a Coldplay concert before and yesterday I saw one of my pictures with the Xylobands I'm going to go for that.

Phenomenon = the Xylobands ==> glowing / glow

Songs:

- AROBTTH : watch the orange glow

- Charlie Brown : we are glowing in the dark

- Life in Technicolor II : headlights are glowing

I know you have never been to a Coldplay concert before

Well spotted - the phenomenon I meant indeed has something to do with Coldplay live concerts. I like the idea and the glowing could fit as well, but it's not what I meant. Keep going :)

Confetti raining down? Balls bouncing around? Screaming? Ohh what about the crowd singing the chants:

- Viva LaVida: oh oh oh oh oh

...there have got to be two others with this phrase. But I've got to run.

Or maybe it's Something about kissing the ground or the guys' huddle before of group bow.