✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay team up with Oxfam to raise land grab awareness

Tash

Coldplay team up with Oxfam to raise land grab awareness

Band will create new video for 'In My Place' using fan footage

Coldplay and Oxfam have teamed up to make a new crowd-sourced video for an acoustic version of their track 'In My Place' that will be part of a campaign to combat land grabs.

Land grabbing is the practice of banks, individuals or governments buying huge plots of land in poor countries for profit, which is damaging to those who live there, who can end up without a home or livelihood. The video seeks to highlight this issue by showing the sense of being out of place.

Fans have been asked to submit video or photo footage by March 20 for the chance to be included in the video. Coldplay’s music video and film director Mat Whitecross will stitch the best of the footage together to make the final cut.

"People are being asked to move something favourite, personal or familiar from their home to somewhere it doesn’t belong. Alternatively, they could do something personal, everyday, familiar that they’d usually do at home, in totally the wrong place." The video will launch in April when The World Bank has its Annual Spring Meeting and aims to encourage people to take action and try.

link

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That explains these tweets:

On tour wth Coldplay

We're launching an amazing, exciting new project with @Coldplay on Monday. And all of you can get involved. Can't wait to tell you about it!

link

On tour wth Coldplay

Wow, your excitement about our new @Coldplay project is giving me goosebumps! Can't give away too much yet ... watch this space!

link

So cool of them! It's great that they're showing the world they still support Oxfam! And it's a nice idea. Can't wait to hear that version of In My Place as well!!!

This post is very calm but really I fangirled like crazy when I learned about it 20 minutes ago :lol:

I'm mostly excited not for the video, but for the music. They say this will be an "acoustic" track of in my place. So it's gonna be piano? And is it gonna be a new version that we've never heard before, or is it gonna be an old version? Any clues?

Acoustic doesn't necessarily mean piano. It'd have to be new I think. There are several acoustic recordings of IMP floating around, but they're all from live recordings, as far as I know there's not a studio one.

Acoustic doesn't necessarily mean piano. It'd have to be new I think. There are several acoustic recordings of IMP floating around, but they're all from live recordings, as far as I know there's not a studio one.

In fact, some would argue that piano isn't acoustic at all:D

I'm weird my best version is at KROQ House of Blues in 2003 when Jonny forgot to turn on his guitar. I loved that kind of mellow sound without the lead guitar very much.

Take something from yur home and film/photograph it in a place that isn't it's usual context, or do something you'd normally do in your own home somewhere it wouldn't normally be done...just paraphrasing, but that's what it looks like to me.

Sounds cool but hard to invent something :P

But they will give more info on monday I think?

Awesome Coldplay projects are Awesome :dazzled:

Take something from yur home and film/photograph it in a place that isn't it's usual context, or do something you'd normally do in your own home somewhere it wouldn't normally be done...just paraphrasing, but that's what it looks like to me.

Oh okay, thanks for that! :)

^ remakes of old songs kinda... don't make me very excited. I prefer new ones :wacky:

And there are already a few acoustic versions from IMP out there (from little concerts/sessions and the like), so.. yeah.

Well, I'm thinking that for a new video like this, that they're not gonna use an old acoustic version that's already been heard. I believe Chris is gonna do a new studio recorded piano version of it. Just like with yellow "every mother counts" version.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdwGB-Pzmy8[/ame]

Oxfam ambassadors Coldplay have donated an incredible acoustic version of their track 'In My Place' for a new Oxfam campaign video, and we've teamed up with the award-winning director Mat Whitecross to create it. Now we just need you, Coldplay fans and friends of Oxfam, to star in it and help create a unique crowd-sourced video for the GROW campaign.

This special acoustic version of In My Place was recorded for Absolute Radio in 2002. Usage is by kind permission of Absolute Radio 2013.

In My Place Film