✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Food from another culture that has some importance to that culture?

Matter-Eater Lad

I know

I love to be in Bretagne and just watch people bake crêpes and get very hungry[/color]

i feel ya

Crêpes are the main reason i miss living in Bretagne :cry:

Like, every week we would buy crêpes from a place that only made them to take away. It wasn't a restaurant, you could just buy a pack of takeaway delicious, real, crêpes bretonnes. So perfect :bigcry:

i feel ya

Crêpes are the main reason i miss living in Bretagne :cry:

Like, every week we would buy crêpes from a place that only made them to take away. It wasn't a restaurant, you could just buy a pack of takeaway delicious, real, crêpes bretonnes. So perfect :bigcry:

oh that sounds so :wacky:

:hug:

cacık , so easy : yoghurt+water+shredded cucumber+salt. you can put a little bit mint+thyme+olive oil if you like. It is such a good side dish during hot summer in Turkey :awesome:

kısır it is also so easy to prepeare, but you have to find a type of wheat called Bulgur. if you have a turkish market around your area, you can find it there very easily and cheap. recipe for kısır. you don't have to serve it cold

have fun :D

Interesting, cacik sounds something like the cold soup I have had - beet juice, milk / cream, pickles sliced thin or shredded, dill, a little vinegar or lemon juice, and dash o' salt.

Though the mint or thyme would be quite an unusual flavor combo!

Good hot weather fare - thanks!

Can I say brands? I'm going to anyways.

Taytos, hands down.

They're just crisps/chips but by god. The character on the packet Mr Tayto released a book. We even built a fecking adventure park after the crisps. To quote from the wikipedia page "Tayto crisps are a cultural phenomenon in Ireland"

And you can just buy them. No cooking involved ;D

• 4 months later...

Here in Uruguay we have "chivito". Consists primarily of a thin slice of filet mignon (churrasco beef), with mozzarella, tomatoes, mayonnaise, black or green olives, and commonly also bacon, fried or hard-boiled eggs and ham. It is served in a bun, often with a side of French fries. Other ingredients might be added into the sandwich such as red beets, peas, grilled or pan-fried red peppers, and slices of cucumber.

Chivito+al+plato.jpg

Man, I´m hungry