✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin as a frontman

Kingzilla

So I watched live concerts from 2001, then 2003, then 2006, then 2008, then 2012 (not in one day :P), and I noticed that Chris didn't just go from awkward to awesome. He had little changes.

For example, in 2001, he was pretty confident and he talked to the crowd quite a bit. He also was in a smaller venue as well. In 2003, he was nervous, but in control. In 2006, there was this massive change that seemed to happen somewhere in between the two tours. He is way more confident and starts his signature awkward dances:lol:. In 2008, he is very talkative with the crowd, less pumped then 2006. He almost seems really relaxed.

And then in 2012, well, he goes back to being very pumped and is very into the music, unlike I think anytime before (which is awesome). Do you guys see this too, or do you see something else?

2000: He talked a little bit with the crowd, tries to involve them with some jokes but you can see that he's nervous, stutters a lot

2001: Pretty much the same but he talks to the crowd not like they're just the audience but as friends, very direct, still stutters

2002/2003: He talks less with the crowd but he starts to move on the stage, jumping, running

2005/2006: Hyperactive, you can describe him as hyperactive, jokes and talks with the crowd, jumps, runs, teases Jonny or Guy on stage, takes photos, smashes guitars, plays with ballons and many other things, damn he went crazy

2008/2009: He calms down, moves a little less on the stage, but he seems more moved by emotions, you can see him closing his eyes while playing you can see all his emotions, less rage than the Twisted Logic tour. You can see him losing a little bit of confidence, because is the first tour where they are not only famous but popular, he stutters again, and starts swearing a lot, really.

2011/2012: Hyperactive but not as the Twisted Logic tour, less rage but more fun, he starts dancing like he has never done before, he does not just talk with the crowd but he plays with it.

So I watched live concerts from 2001, then 2003, then 2006, then 2008, then 2012 (not in one day :P), and I noticed that Chris didn't just go from awkward to awesome. He had little changes.

For example, in 2001, he was pretty confident and he talked to the crowd quite a bit. He also was in a smaller venue as well. In 2003, he was nervous, but in control. In 2006, there was this massive change that seemed to happen somewhere in between the two tours. He is way more confident and starts his signature awkward dances:lol:. In 2008, he is very talkative with the crowd, less pumped then 2006. He almost seems really relaxed.

And then in 2012, well, he goes back to being very pumped and is very into the music, unlike I think anytime before (which is awesome). Do you guys see this too, or do you see something else?

Hm yeah I think I see this too. Although in 2001 I wouldn't say he was really confident, i think he was still trying to hide that he was really nervous, so he comes off as very confident but i don't see it as actual confidence. I'm totally speculating here, though.

Hm yeah I think I see this too. Although in 2001 I wouldn't say he was really confident, i think he was still trying to hide that he was really nervous, so he comes off as very confident but i don't see it as actual confidence. I'm totally speculating here, though.

Maybe I just watched a concert where he was a bit more conversational than others. I agree with what your saying. He probably wasn't very confident. I will say though that another concert I listened to (early 2002 in Vancouver) compared to the 2001, there was a huge difference. And I really think it changed when they started playing arenas instead of smaller venues. Maybe its just me.