✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martins Piano SOUND

jaik

So I have the Kawai CA63 and a little Yamaha Keyboard.

How does all this stuff with VSTs and sound samples work?

Do I have to connect the keyboard via midi/usb to a pc and then select the sound via some music-software like garageband?

...or how do I get my Keyboard to play these sounds?

You have to have a program that plays vsti plugins, such as kontakt, and then you plug your keyboard into your computer via midi, select the sample you want to play within kontakt, for instance, and voila.

Thanks for the quick response!! :)

Will the sound then be played via pc or keyboard?

And there are many sites that have free piano vsti plugins. Tbh, a lot of the free ones aren't that great. I haven't found a plugin that I prefer over my NU1's onboard CFX sampling. There is a kawai ex concert grand by acoustic samples for about $100 that sounds amazing, but I'm unwilling to do that lol

It should also be noted that you have a good computer that is capable of running the program, specifically one with sufficient ram and a good processor, as lag can occur while playing , and or the sound can also be compromised. It's pretty technical when you get down to it

It should also be noted that you have a good computer that is capable of running the program, specifically one with sufficient ram and a good processor, as lag can occur while playing , and or the sound can also be compromised. It's pretty technical when you get down to it

Oh okay, I guess i'll habe to try that out before buying one of these plugins :D

Would you maybe consider using an ipad or similar?

That's ok for me I hope. Will a 3.8GHz processor and 8GB RAM do?

Would it be somehow possible to kind of send it back to let the piano play the sound?

Not that I know of, honestly. Basically, you use the keyboard simply to play the notes that you want to play. If you get really into playing different plugins, some people invest in nicer stereo systems that hook up to the computer or whatever and play it through that instead. Granted, I am no wealth of knowledge on this subject as I have only dabbled a little bit in it, but I've learned a bit from just researching.

When you think about it, for the past decade Chris has used a GT-20 simply as a keyboard for playing MIDI. Never once have you heard the regular on-board samples of that hybrid piano, he's always played different samples, whether it is the mp9000 sample, or the fix you organ. Those are the two general ones. He used the GT-20 because of the acoustic action it has, it's literally taken right from an acoustic up-right piano, so it was actually a very logical choice. He didn't really need a full-blown acoustic piano because he was playing MIDIs he liked anyway, so why have a 400 lbs + acoustic up right just for the action when you can have a much more portable 40" 240 lb hybrid piano that will do the job just as well and be able to play all the MIDIs he wanted?

I was able to save up enough money, through some help of my parents too (by skipping on some monthly bills) to buy the NU1, which is the next generation GT-20. I've played quite a few keyboards, and have owned an acoustic. I just don't think I could go back to anything else. I've got the real action, I can plug in headphones and play late at night (which is when I play mostly), and I can do MIDI if I so choose, and I don't need to tune it, which can get ridiculously expensive. Best decision I've made in my life, haha, and yeah... Coldplay influenced it.

I'm glad you could make yourself a dream come true ;)

What about a soundmodule/expander like coldplay's korg triton?

Can they only be connected to hybridsystems like the gt-20 or also to every other midi-capable keyboard?

I'm glad you could make yourself a dream come true ;)

What about a soundmodule/expander like coldplay's korg triton?

Can they only be connected to hybridsystems like the gt-20 or also to every other midi-capable keyboard?

I honestly have no idea haha, that goes beyond the realm of what I understand unfortunately.

You can connect almost every instrument that has midi input and output jacks. I connected my Yamaha CP300 midi out to my Kawai MP9000 midi in and then audio out from MP9000 to the interface/soundsystem and then I started to play the Yamaha and it triggered the sound from the MP9000 :) thats the way Coldplay does it ;-)

I can mail a zip file with the logic project, samples and EXS24 instruments if people post their emails, I dont know how to make i available for download on the internet but I can mail it via sprend.com I think the zip file is arround 700-800 MB

That would be awesome!! :D

...do you have dropbox or something like that?