✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martins Piano SOUND

jaik

• 1 year later...
It's really cool to have a stagepiano (Kawai Mp9000) in a rack format that goes to another Digital piano (Yamaha GT20) I guess Chris liked the hammer touch and look of the GT20.

You can hear that the sound has being a little processed over the years if you compare The Scientist live from Montreal 2002 and The Scientist Live from the Mylo Xyloto tour.

With my new Kawai EX Pro sample library I finally got the sound that reminds most of the sound from Live 2003 concert (A Rush Of Blod To The Head Tour) When I play Politik, The Scientist and Life Is For Living It Sounds kind of exact ;)

I think this have to do with the fact that Kawai Mp9000 is sampled from a Kawai EX Concert Grand and my new plugin player is also sampled from that same concert grand.

I just decreased keynoises, pedal noises to make it sound cleaner. Then I increased the tone, sustain, compression and added some exciter and a small concert hall reverb. I did some EQ as well, but very little to keep the whole 88 keys really balanced :)

I can upload a video when I use this sound in short. I have a youtubechannel, just search for "moonchild89" I have som Coldplay covers there. One has an original sampled Fix You organ and an explanation on how I did it, so you dont have to buy an old Korg Triton Rack ;) The piano I use is a Yamaha CP300, like the one Chris Martin used on absolute radio.

Cheers!

Patrik

It's really cool to have a stagepiano (Kawai Mp9000) in a rack format that goes to another Digital piano (Yamaha GT20) I guess Chris liked the hammer touch and look of the GT20.

You can hear that the sound has being a little processed over the years if you compare The Scientist live from Montreal 2002 and The Scientist Live from the Mylo Xyloto tour.

With my new Kawai EX Pro sample library I finally got the sound that reminds most of the sound from Live 2003 concert (A Rush Of Blod To The Head Tour) When I play Politik, The Scientist and Life Is For Living It Sounds kind of exact ;)

I think this have to do with the fact that Kawai Mp9000 is sampled from a Kawai EX Concert Grand and my new plugin player is also sampled from that same concert grand.

I just decreased keynoises, pedal noises to make it sound cleaner. Then I increased the tone, sustain, compression and added some exciter and a small concert hall reverb. I did some EQ as well, but very little to keep the whole 88 keys really balanced :)

I can upload a video when I use this sound in short. I have a youtubechannel, just search for "moonchild89" I have som Coldplay covers there. One has an original sampled Fix You organ and an explanation on how I did it, so you dont have to buy an old Korg Triton Rack ;) The piano I use is a Yamaha CP300, like the one Chris Martin used on absolute radio.

Cheers!

Patrik

You can give me the Ex Pro settings please that make to sound like mp 9000 please?

My email is [email protected]

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Hey, if so many people here are talking about Tack pianos, is it possible that one of you has a tack piano soundfont that can be used in Lovers. in Japan, Life in Technicolor ii or more? Cause ive been wanting a tack piano soundfont FOREVER since i cant get an actual tack piano.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Divutian said:

Hey, if so many people here are talking about Tack pianos, is it possible that one of you has a tack piano soundfont that can be used in Lovers. in Japan, Life in Technicolor ii or more? Cause ive been wanting a tack piano soundfont FOREVER since i cant get an actual tack piano.

Thanks!

I have tack piano samples from years ago that I recently found again. You could create a sampler instrument in Logic for example with them.

8 hours ago, Divutian said:

that would be great, but the problem is that I dont have a realy good daw, so i can only use soundfonts. Is it possible that you have a .dls or .sf2 file for a tack piano?

I don’t have access to that. I’m sorry

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2020 at 2:47 AM, Divutian said:

Thanks!

You should try the tack piano in Keyscape! Its amazing

It's a bit expensive and it seems you can only buy it with the full pack... the reason i posted this here is because people were talking about layering stuff with tack piano sounds so i wanted to know if anyone had one in .sf2 or .dls format.

But thanks for the suggestion! 

Edited by Divutian

On 4/27/2020 at 11:04 PM, Divutian said:

It's a bit expensive and it seems you can only buy it with the full pack... the reason i posted this here is because people were talking about layering stuff with tack piano sounds so i wanted to know if anyone had one in .sf2 or .dls format.

But thanks for the suggestion! 

I remember a few years ago using a tack piano on Kontakt! Maybe I can find it and send it to you?

On 4/30/2020 at 10:17 PM, fuzzyman20 said:

I remember a few years ago using a tack piano on Kontakt! Maybe I can find it and send it to you?

If it's a soundfont then yes! DM me and i'll send you my email.

On 5/4/2020 at 8:56 AM, Divutian said:

If it's a soundfont then yes! DM me and i'll send you my email.

Unfortunatly its a Kontakt File... you should install a better DAW like ableton, Mixcraft or Pro Tool... .dls and .sf2 are not that common!

On 5/8/2020 at 12:06 AM, Divutian said:

Yeah, I was thinking that too. I'll think of something, you can DM me for my email.

Also, is it a multi-sample or something else? I'm new to Kontakt.

Kontakt is a sampler by Native Instruments; basically it allows people to create digital instruments by using audio they've recorded inside your DAW as an Instrument Plug-In. There are also thousands of sound libraries for Kontakt available online

On 5/9/2020 at 11:38 PM, fuzzyman20 said:

Kontakt is a sampler by Native Instruments; basically it allows people to create digital instruments by using audio they've recorded inside your DAW as an Instrument Plug-In. There are also thousands of sound libraries for Kontakt available online

Nice. I just found that Kontakt is available for my DAW. You can send me the tack piano at [email protected]

Another question is that does the tack piano work with Kontakt Player (the free one)? It doesn't really matter since I can get the full version.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I've noticed a lot of people wondering about how to get this sound without actually having the MP9000. As there are ways using the EX Samples from Kawai they don't sound too good and not close enough. I am here to let people know that there is going to be a way shortly to be able to download these sounds. Me and ColdplayKB are working on a downloadable easy and straight forward vst that you can download and use to get this piano sound. Here is a sound example recorded just now from my piano. It's early and not uploaded yet. There are still some tweaks and stuff we have to add to improve the sound. I am also waiting on my ES110 to sample the piano through my sound setup to achieve a more clear sound. But for now all the sampling was done by Kyle/ColdplayKB from his MP9000. We just sampled his piano and coded it into a virtual instrument. But soon it will be ready to download. So if you want the MP9000 sound and don't have an original piano with this sound, soon there will be a way. The piano sound you hear is studio grand 2 on the bright setting, with eq, reverb, and compession to get that authentic live sound. I will post more about this topic soon. 

mp9000livesound.mp3

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Care 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2021 at 1:37 AM, DGMWheeler said:

I've noticed a lot of people wondering about how to get this sound without actually having the MP9000. As there are ways using the EX Samples from Kawai they don't sound too good and not close enough. I am here to let people know that there is going to be a way shortly to be able to download these sounds. Me and ColdplayKB are working on a downloadable easy and straight forward vst that you can download and use to get this piano sound. Here is a sound example recorded just now from my piano. It's early and not uploaded yet. There are still some tweaks and stuff we have to add to improve the sound. I am also waiting on my ES110 to sample the piano through my sound setup to achieve a more clear sound. But for now all the sampling was done by Kyle/ColdplayKB from his MP9000. We just sampled his piano and coded it into a virtual instrument. But soon it will be ready to download. So if you want the MP9000 sound and don't have an original piano with this sound, soon there will be a way. The piano sound you hear is studio grand 2 on the bright setting, with eq, reverb, and compession to get that authentic live sound. I will post more about this topic soon. 

mp9000livesound.mp3 2.8 MB · 23 downloads

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME

It sounds amazing ^-^