Jump to content
🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
jaik

Chris Martins Piano SOUND

Recommended Posts

Did you used the plug ins I recommended?

I never tried to make them similar to the actual sound, but I can give it a try

yeah I used the EZQ but it just sounded off. might mess with it some more when i get the free time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's really cool to have a stagepiano (Kawai Mp9000) in a rack format that goes to another Digital piano (Yamaha GT20) I guess Chris liked the hammer touch and look of the GT20.

You can hear that the sound has being a little processed over the years if you compare The Scientist live from Montreal 2002 and The Scientist Live from the Mylo Xyloto tour.

With my new Kawai EX Pro sample library I finally got the sound that reminds most of the sound from Live 2003 concert (A Rush Of Blod To The Head Tour) When I play Politik, The Scientist and Life Is For Living It Sounds kind of exact ;)

I think this have to do with the fact that Kawai Mp9000 is sampled from a Kawai EX Concert Grand and my new plugin player is also sampled from that same concert grand.

I just decreased keynoises, pedal noises to make it sound cleaner. Then I increased the tone, sustain, compression and added some exciter and a small concert hall reverb. I did some EQ as well, but very little to keep the whole 88 keys really balanced :)

I can upload a video when I use this sound in short. I have a youtubechannel, just search for "moonchild89" I have som Coldplay covers there. One has an original sampled Fix You organ and an explanation on how I did it, so you dont have to buy an old Korg Triton Rack ;) The piano I use is a Yamaha CP300, like the one Chris Martin used on absolute radio.

Cheers!

Patrik

It's really cool to have a stagepiano (Kawai Mp9000) in a rack format that goes to another Digital piano (Yamaha GT20) I guess Chris liked the hammer touch and look of the GT20.

You can hear that the sound has being a little processed over the years if you compare The Scientist live from Montreal 2002 and The Scientist Live from the Mylo Xyloto tour.

With my new Kawai EX Pro sample library I finally got the sound that reminds most of the sound from Live 2003 concert (A Rush Of Blod To The Head Tour) When I play Politik, The Scientist and Life Is For Living It Sounds kind of exact ;)

I think this have to do with the fact that Kawai Mp9000 is sampled from a Kawai EX Concert Grand and my new plugin player is also sampled from that same concert grand.

I just decreased keynoises, pedal noises to make it sound cleaner. Then I increased the tone, sustain, compression and added some exciter and a small concert hall reverb. I did some EQ as well, but very little to keep the whole 88 keys really balanced :)

I can upload a video when I use this sound in short. I have a youtubechannel, just search for "moonchild89" I have som Coldplay covers there. One has an original sampled Fix You organ and an explanation on how I did it, so you dont have to buy an old Korg Triton Rack ;) The piano I use is a Yamaha CP300, like the one Chris Martin used on absolute radio.

Cheers!

Patrik

You can give me the Ex Pro settings please that make to sound like mp 9000 please?

My email is [email protected]

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, if so many people here are talking about Tack pianos, is it possible that one of you has a tack piano soundfont that can be used in Lovers. in Japan, Life in Technicolor ii or more? Cause ive been wanting a tack piano soundfont FOREVER since i cant get an actual tack piano.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Divutian said:

Hey, if so many people here are talking about Tack pianos, is it possible that one of you has a tack piano soundfont that can be used in Lovers. in Japan, Life in Technicolor ii or more? Cause ive been wanting a tack piano soundfont FOREVER since i cant get an actual tack piano.

Thanks!

I have tack piano samples from years ago that I recently found again. You could create a sampler instrument in Logic for example with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that would be great, but the problem is that I dont have a realy good daw, so i can only use soundfonts. Is it possible that you have a .dls or .sf2 file for a tack piano?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Divutian said:

that would be great, but the problem is that I dont have a realy good daw, so i can only use soundfonts. Is it possible that you have a .dls or .sf2 file for a tack piano?

I don’t have access to that. I’m sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2020 at 2:47 AM, Divutian said:

Hey, if so many people here are talking about Tack pianos, is it possible that one of you has a tack piano soundfont that can be used in Lovers. in Japan, Life in Technicolor ii or more? Cause ive been wanting a tack piano soundfont FOREVER since i cant get an actual tack piano.

Thanks!

You should try the tack piano in Keyscape! Its amazing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's a bit expensive and it seems you can only buy it with the full pack... the reason i posted this here is because people were talking about layering stuff with tack piano sounds so i wanted to know if anyone had one in .sf2 or .dls format.

But thanks for the suggestion! 

Edited by Divutian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2020 at 11:04 PM, Divutian said:

It's a bit expensive and it seems you can only buy it with the full pack... the reason i posted this here is because people were talking about layering stuff with tack piano sounds so i wanted to know if anyone had one in .sf2 or .dls format.

But thanks for the suggestion! 

I remember a few years ago using a tack piano on Kontakt! Maybe I can find it and send it to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2020 at 10:17 PM, fuzzyman20 said:

I remember a few years ago using a tack piano on Kontakt! Maybe I can find it and send it to you?

If it's a soundfont then yes! DM me and i'll send you my email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2020 at 8:56 AM, Divutian said:

If it's a soundfont then yes! DM me and i'll send you my email.

Unfortunatly its a Kontakt File... you should install a better DAW like ableton, Mixcraft or Pro Tool... .dls and .sf2 are not that common!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah, I was thinking that too. I'll think of something, you can DM me for my email.

Also, is it a multi-sample or something else? I'm new to Kontakt.

Edited by Divutian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2020 at 12:06 AM, Divutian said:

Yeah, I was thinking that too. I'll think of something, you can DM me for my email.

Also, is it a multi-sample or something else? I'm new to Kontakt.

Kontakt is a sampler by Native Instruments; basically it allows people to create digital instruments by using audio they've recorded inside your DAW as an Instrument Plug-In. There are also thousands of sound libraries for Kontakt available online

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 5/9/2020 at 11:38 PM, fuzzyman20 said:

Kontakt is a sampler by Native Instruments; basically it allows people to create digital instruments by using audio they've recorded inside your DAW as an Instrument Plug-In. There are also thousands of sound libraries for Kontakt available online

Nice. I just found that Kontakt is available for my DAW. You can send me the tack piano at [email protected]

Another question is that does the tack piano work with Kontakt Player (the free one)? It doesn't really matter since I can get the full version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...