✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martins Piano SOUND

jaik

Thank you for doing that, I really appreciate it. I think you're close, I think that is more reminiscent of the left right left right left live album or the viva era where he was playing an even brighter piano sound than normal, it was more tinny than anything else. MX era seemed to have a bit more bite to it, a bit more bass, etc.

Thank you for doing that, I really appreciate it. I think you're close, I think that is more reminiscent of the left right left right left live album or the viva era where he was playing an even brighter piano sound than normal, it was more tinny than anything else. MX era seemed to have a bit more bite to it, a bit more bass, etc.

I can change the EQ and compression etc... according to the song.... for me those samples are the best

I recently bought a keyboard and it has many types of sound modes for it. Im kind of a noob at this and I would love to put this sound into my keyboard IF THATS WHAT ITS MEANT FOR. Can someone explain

Well just connect your keyboard to your mac or pc via MIDI and buy the kawai EX Pro samples run in it on Kontakt or any other sample and thats it. Add a bright EQ, some compression and some reverb and you will have the right sound

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Well just connect your keyboard to your mac or pc via MIDI and buy the kawai EX Pro samples run in it on Kontakt or any other sample and thats it. Add a bright EQ, some compression and some reverb and you will have the right sound

Years after I said this, I literally did not get what this meant. But since Im into music production now, I know what Kontakt is and FL Studio has EQ adjusters, compressors, and reverb. Looks like I'll be pirating Kontakt then...

"Noob" lol how embarrassing

• Like 1

Years after I said this, I literally did not get what this meant. But since Im into music production now, I know what Kontakt is and FL Studio has EQ adjusters, compressors, and reverb. Looks like I'll be pirating Kontakt then...

"Noob" lol how embarrassing

You use FL ?

• Like 1

You use FL ?

Yeah, started around 6-7 months ago.

I got the kawai ex pro samples for Kontakt, but I only downloaded the closed version to save space. There are 3 versions. So far, the closed version sounds more like the bright Lovers in Japan Viva Era pianos (with adjusted EQs). I'll agree with some comments above that more recent performances showcase a more bass heavy and powerful sound. Which one of the 3 versions would sound the most accurate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got the kawai ex pro samples for Kontakt, but I only downloaded the closed version to save space. There are 3 versions. So far, the closed version sounds more like the bright Lovers in Japan Viva Era pianos (with adjusted EQs). I'll agree with some comments above that more recent performances showcase a more bass heavy and powerful sound. Which one of the 3 versions would sound the most accurate?

In this current Tour.. They use mostly a new piano sound.. Probably the acoustic sound, but in performances in the C stage they definitely use Midi! For me it is the Rim/Side version!

I made a post in March about this, I dont know if you saw it... https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/mp9000-sampling.108986/

• Like 1

The Lovers in Japan piano, like the VLV piano, is a tack piano..different from the kawaii samples! The sound used for LIJ and VLV

"

"Lovers in Japan" and "Reign of Love"

Martin: Guy and Will made the piano you hear on there.

Jonny Buckland: Wait, I did too!

Champion: We were in a studio in New York, this place called the Magic Shop, and it had this thing called a tack piano there, which sounds like an old honky-tonk piano, where you put little tacks in the hammers, so it sounds like more of a harpsichord almost. And so we wanted to use that kind of sound, but we didn't have a tack piano, so rather than sample it, we went and bought an old piano from the shop up the road from our studio, and we bought a load of tacks, and me and Guy and Jon spent a couple of hours pushing tacks into the piano hammers.

Martin: The only thing is, now we don't have anything to pin notes up with, so we have a lot of pieces of paper on the floor, and a beautiful piano."

• Like 3

Hey about FL it'd be great if you could give some tips cause I'm starting to get into all that now. I still don't know where to find some things but I plan to get into this kind of thing soon

• Like 1

In this current Tour.. They use mostly a new piano sound.. Probably the acoustic sound, but in performances in the C stage they definitely use Midi! For me it is the Rim/Side version!

I made a post in March about this, I dont know if you saw it... https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/mp9000-sampling.108986/

Great, thanks! Also, I think I worded myself wrong. I meant to say that the piano resembles more of the pianos they used during the Viva Era and live performances, not the tack pianos in Lovers in Japan specifically (the pianos during that era were very bright and didnt have a lot of bass)

Hey about FL it'd be great if you could give some tips cause I'm starting to get into all that now. I still don't know where to find some things but I plan to get into this kind of thing soon

Are you planning to buy it or pirate it? You should have at least some kind of knowledge of music composition before going into it. I pirated mine, but the place I got it from already got taken down, so I cant help you there. You have to be dedicated to getting into it because FL is a little confusing for beginners. It was a little easier for me, however, bc I was already into audio editing software like Audition. There's a big one hour beginner's tutorial for FL Studio 12 on youtube (should be easy to find). You dont have to watch it all, but the beginning is a great place to get some understanding of it all. Im sure @fuzzyman20 can help you too :)

Great, thanks! Also, I think I worded myself wrong. I meant to say that the piano resembles more of the pianos they used during the Viva Era and live performances, not the tack pianos in Lovers in Japan specifically (the pianos during that era were very bright and didnt have a lot of bass)

Are you planning to buy it or pirate it? You should have at least some kind of knowledge of music composition before going into it. I pirated mine, but the place I got it from already got taken down, so I cant help you there. You have to be dedicated to getting into it because FL is a little confusing for beginners. It was a little easier for me, however, bc I was already into audio editing software like Audition. There's a big one hour beginner's tutorial for FL Studio 12 on youtube (should be easy to find). You dont have to watch it all, but the beginning is a great place to get some understanding of it all. Im sure @fuzzyman20 can help you too :)

I pirated it some time ago. Used Audacity for some time, and still do a lot of the time. And I know quite a bit about musical compostion, I've made numerous short clips of songs on piano so think I'm good there...

Thanks for the advice though. FL looks really clean which is why I like it.

Is it possible to make the Kawai EX Pro samples sound more similar to the Kawai piano for the AHFOD tour and not the Kawai MP9000? Have the samples for use in Logic but not good with adding reverb, EQ, or compression lol

Did you used the plug ins I recommended?

I never tried to make them similar to the actual sound, but I can give it a try