✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay will release track "Atlas" from "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" soundtrack on 6/8 Sept

Tash

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully this will turn out to be an academy awards nomination.

Similarly, Coldplay largely keeps things delicate for its closer to "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire." From Chris Martin's comforting vocals and just a solitary, melancholic piano melody, the song soon gets more mystical as digital effects are subtly worked in.

link

hopefully this will turn out to be an academy awards nomination.

Similarly, Coldplay largely keeps things delicate for its closer to "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire." From Chris Martin's comforting vocals and just a solitary, melancholic piano melody, the song soon gets more mystical as digital effects are subtly worked in.

link

Thanks for the reference and the link~ very good writing and introduction. I've found a few beautiful film scores recently and its communicating/transformative power is unbelievable, which is not only a compliment to the film itself, but more in the wave length of immediate psychological and emotional exchange, or even, soul's level. It is quite clear that Coldplay has blended this into LP5 and Atlas, which will transcend the music into deeper within, hence a more profound impact on the audiences and coldplay too.

• 8 months later...

An interesting article from Variety

http://variety.com/2014/music/features/music-supervisors-wax-eloquent-on-art-craft-of-complex-profession-1201280310/

Here are the Coldplay related parts

So using music to attract younger viewers is not a compromise?

McKnight: I do think if you’re making a movie and maybe it’s a young viewer you have to keep your audience in mind and how you are going to navigate the journey of this picture. All of us want to find something that no one has ever done before, (something) fresh and original and exciting. When you do it it’s magic.

I was watching “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” the other night and I was really struck by the Coldplay song, “Atlas,” that began the end credits. I was thinking, “Man, this is the best Coldplay song I’ve heard since like the first two albums!” How did you get that level of work from Chris Martin and company? Is that a lucky strike or do you plan for that?

McKnight: When you’re working on a picture like “The Hunger Games” franchise, there’s a lot of people in the mix. The ultimate thing is to be true to the fans and to tell the story. And in that particular case, I’d reached out to Capitol and said we’re looking for potential artists and might Coldplay be interested. My contact at Capitol put me in touch with the manager and the manager then came back and said Chris is a fan of the books. How wonderful is that? I hope everyone at this table gets to feel those moments.

That end-credits song for not only movies but for TV series, as everyone here knows, leaves the viewer with something to go home to or reflect on in the aftermath of that viewing experience.

Golubic: Striking the right chord is an important aspect of it. We also have to be careful because things have gotten so sophisticated that so many shows now will have that ending song and it can become very trite as well.