✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay will release track "Atlas" from "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" soundtrack on 6/8 Sept

Tash

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes; after doing some research, 'Low' is definitely his highest note:

-- 4:57

However, his lowest note(s) seems to be on 'Christmas Lights' where he goes down to an E2 (Poison in my blood).

Anyway, 'Atlas' was knocked outside of the top ten by a Miley Cyrus song, 'Wrecking Ball'. I do not know how to respond to that.

Interestingly, in Us Against the World, Chris does one of his highest and one of his lowest notes.

The low one is "It's us against the world".

The high one can be heard clearly in this live version at 25:22: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVsBeoVKq3U]Coldplay - Full Concert (Radio 2 In Concert, 2011) [HQ Audio] - YouTube[/ame]. In the studio version it's very hard to discern whether it's an instrument or Chris producing the note, but it's there around 3:18. I actually think it's Chris, but that might just be me.

Guest howyousawtheworld
On that note (no pun intended), in which song do you think he goes his lowest? I'd say it is between 'Yes' and 'Moving to Mars'.

I would have said Yes.

How is atlas doing in the US?

It had fallen from #10 to #11 when I looked at it about six hours ago, but it was back to #10 when I checked 30 minutes ago. It's amazing that it seems to be holding at this position when I listen to the samples of some of the drek that's ahead of it on the chart :stunned:

I didnt like it at first cause its too slow and his vocals are too low, but the more i listen to it the more i like it, its a perfect song for the hunger games film. And thats essentially was made for, for the film not as a coldplay song specifically for coldplay fans. I can totally imagine it in the film, ill think it will be the ending song with the ending titles.

Love the chorus 'carry your world'.

It has no chance of getting to number one here in the uk because its a slow sad song. Best can hope for is top 15, i doubt itll make top 10 as its not released in physical copy i dont think.

Plus theres been no promotion for this song, i had no idea they were even releasing this song until yesterday