✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories, release date: 19 May 2014

oldmuckers

Well. I love Magic. So excited to hear the rest of the album. Even if it is only 9 songs. But look at the length of the songs…the ones up on iTunes so far are all 4:45. Coldplay has always said they don't like going over 45 minutes for an album. These individual songs are longer than what we're used to.

Let's get to the bad news...The album only has 9 songs

But look at the length of the songs…the ones up on iTunes so far are all 4:45. Coldplay has always said they don't like going over 45 minutes for an album. These individual songs are longer than what we're used to.

:( ha I think I know what you mean, the_escapist and LFDianne! Get all stoked for a new album, and...booo, only 9 songs.

Let's try and remain optimistic, and grateful for a new album :)

And hey, who knows, maybe the 9 songs will be longer than the slated 4:45 displayed on the track listings for several of the songs.

Keep in mind that the iTunes listing for Ghost Stories does not yet have the duration listed for all the tracks, so the album may be longer than we think!

Remember Midnight is (I think 5.08) so I presume 4.45 is just a placeholder? Surely they can't all be the same length..

Exactly. I think they are just placeholders. I have a feeling we will be seeing more b-sides this era as well as an E.P. down the road. To be honest this is all happening really fast and the album will be out much sooner than I predicted. Which is great! :D

Sites are beginning to post news articles saying Coldplay have announced the album and it's due for release on May 19, so the estimated date on iTunes seems right. So anywhere I can listen to Magic.. not on iTunes AU yet. :(