✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories, release date: 19 May 2014

oldmuckers

We seem to share the similarities, I wanted to like "Magic" however that song just didn't land in my favorites. 

It may've been the tone, I'm not versed in musical terminology however it seemed sour at times. Sour notes have worked well in other Coldplay songs but something surrounding "Magic".. it's difficult for me to jive or enjoy it. Difficult to put into words maybe it's best keeping it simple, it wasn't for me.

Ghost Stories is a very personal album indeed. To be real with everyone after my first initial playthrough, I wept; left with a pit feeling in my stomach.. I was unsure if I should ever listen to it again.

It was the strangest experience for me.

Of course I got over that a few weeks later but knowing Chris' personal drama really through me through a loop.

My favorite off the record (at this very moment is):

- True Love

- Midnight

- A Sky Full of Stars

And the Final 'O' song (I forgot the title and I'm too lazy to research.. need to cook dinner soon)

2 hours ago, TealAppeal said:

Ghost Stories is a very personal album indeed. To be real with everyone after my first initial playthrough, I wept; left with a pit feeling in my stomach.. I was unsure if I should ever listen to it again.

Of course I got over that a few weeks later but knowing Chris' personal drama really through me through a loop.

Same after the listen but realized to this album was one thier best albums and didn't listen the second time, but this album was in my top 3 albums (my others was Everyday Life and A Rush of Blood to the Head). I wasn't sure if Chris and the others members writien and recording a very dark and personal album like this. I wasn't attarded for A Sky Full of Stars (depist it's was one of thiers biggest hits), at the surface, it's was a happy song (consider it's was a EDM song) but if you look the lyrics and the vocals, the vocals and the lyrics was very sad and emotional, It's remains at the same thing when Janet Jackson did the sad lyrics but a happy beat with the song Together Again.

7 hours ago, TealAppeal said:

Same for me. The first time I listened to it, it was a gut-wrenching experience. I remember having difficulties in listening the album from start to finish for the first time. The opener, Always in my head, really sets the tone for the whole album. 

It was like peeping into someone else's private issues, so not that easy to digest for me. 

Overall I think that in this album they achieved a good balance between songs which are uplifting and songs which are emotionally darker. To me the strength of the album is that, being developed from personal experiences, it is definitely sincere. I also appreciate the thematic cohesion and the risks they have taken on in terms of musical experimentation. 

• Like 1