✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories, release date: 19 May 2014

oldmuckers

I think it's a bit silly that we can hear Ghost Stories already. It is exciting but I think the good thing about album release dates is the anticipation leading up to buying it. I was going to buy the album from a shop and was looking forward to that moment of joy when I'd be standing in the queue with the CD in my hand ready to pay for it, but I've ordered it from Amazon in the hope that I can be part of the early window thing for the Royal Albert Hall gig. I don't mind waiting a few extra days if it means more of a chance to get tickets to the gig. Then again I have heard a few tracks from Ghost stories after the Chris/Zane Lowe interview and the Ghost Stories screening x

Also, I've seen a few of you guys write about a DVD. I definitely remember rumours of a new Coldplay DVD. Maybe it'll be the TV programme(s) that are on Sky Arts soon, just on DVD? I remember getting the Live 2012 DVD and thinking "Ohhh wait, isn't this what I only recently watched at the cinema? :S" lol x

Since Kyle is kindly sending me the Target deluxe edition, I'm going to try and wait til it arrives to hear the bonus tracks. Let's see how long I last, lol.

Haha, I said the same thing about listening to the stream, and that didn't turn out too well for me. :laugh3: Good luck! It will definitely be worth it if you can hold out that long!

I think it's a bit silly that we can hear Ghost Stories already. It is exciting but I think the good thing about album release dates is the anticipation leading up to buying it. I was going to buy the album from a shop and was looking forward to that moment of joy when I'd be standing in the queue with the CD in my hand ready to pay for it, but I've ordered it from Amazon in the hope that I can be part of the early window thing for the Royal Albert Hall gig. I don't mind waiting a few extra days if it means more of a chance to get tickets to the gig. Then again I have heard a few tracks from Ghost stories after the Chris/Zane Lowe interview and the Ghost Stories screening x

I'm the same, ever since I heard of the albums release I had exactly planned out how I was going to listen to it, int he living room, lights off, through the speaker system with a hot chocolate in my coldplay mug, with my Cd I had just bough from the shop.

So I didn't listen to the iTunes first play or any leak because I am still waiting for that moment. Even though I realllyyy want to hear it, I have the Will power to wait for that magical moment (well it is to me anyway)

I'm the same, ever since I heard of the albums release I had exactly planned out how I was going to listen to it, int he living room, lights off, through the speaker system with a hot chocolate in my coldplay mug, with my Cd I had just bough from the shop.

So I didn't listen to the iTunes first play or any leak because I am still waiting for that moment. Even though I realllyyy want to hear it, I have the Will power to wait for that magical moment (well it is to me anyway)

Yeah I see what you mean! I like how you know exactly how you'll listen to Ghost Stories for the first time! A hot chocolate sounds like a nice bonus to an already good time lol. Also I have a Coldplay mug too :D :P and yeah I feel like it will be a magical moment too! x

Wonder if a miracle will occur & Amazon UK will begin despatch of the album to actually arrive Monday at the latest? I miss hmv online where pre orders arrived on a Saturday.

That would be awesome! I've never ordered a CD online, I've always gone into a shop to buy them. I was going to buy Ghost Stories and almost pre-ordered it instore but changed my mind. Thankfully I did 'cos not long after I heard about the Amazon competition.

I know I said I was going to wait until I have the CD in my hand before listening to Ghost Stories, but I might listen to the online version that's already been released on Sunday 18th May 'cos it would have been my Mum's 60th Birthday and I think it would make the day and album feel more special and it kinda feels right, I think it'll cheer me up :P I guess I'll wait and see how I feel. I feel like I'm betraying myself hahaha x

Just won a free copy! :D Good thing I hadn't ordered one yet. By the way, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a deluxe edition out later in the year with the Target bonus tracks and a DVD of the TV special... but we'll see ;)

That´s the perfect plan for listening to the album for the first time! I planned something like that, but when the itunes stream appeard I couldn´t resist and listened to the songs I already knew on Tuesday. On Wednesday I listened to All your friends , tonight it will be Ghost Story and tomorrow when my album arrives, I´ll hear O for the first time (I muted it on Zane Lowe and the iTunes Stream), so I still have something to be excited about. I´m so looking foreward to it :dance:

Saw this on Twitter, try listening to the album in this order, it's awesome. I loved it.

Always In My Head

Magic

Ink

True Love

Midnight

O (Part 2/Reprise)

Ghost Story

All Your Friends

Another's Arms

Oceans

A Sky Full of Stars

Atlas

O

Amazon uk aren't even preparing the cd for dispatch yet.Considering there are two non working days coming up, the chances of getting my cd on release day are looking slim. :/

Amazon germany sent me an e-mail at 1:20 am today letting me know that GS is now available. If i order it till noon it will be delivered tomorrow.

Will be getting my copy from the store later today. Not gonna rely on amazon. :D

The

Amazon germany sent me an e-mail at 1:20 am today letting me know that GS is now available. If i order it till noon it will be delivered tomorrow.

Will be getting my copy from the store later today. Not gonna rely on amazon. :D

If I wasn't working Monday I'd go out and buy it.Play.com seems more like a marketplace, Amazon have become complacent since hmv online stopped trading.Anyone know of any uk online retailers that send out pre orders on time for future reference?