✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories, release date: 19 May 2014

oldmuckers

If anyone gets their copy from Amazon uk which was shipped Saturday, please let me know so i can get through my working day!

I got an email from Amazon yesterday saying Ghost Stories had been dispatched and would be delivered on Tuesday, an email today saying it'll be delivered today and not long ago it came through my front door! :D x

I got an email from Amazon yesterday saying Ghost Stories had been dispatched and would be delivered on Tuesday, an email today saying it'll be delivered today and not long ago it came through my front door! :D x

Did you pay for first class post or the dearer postal option?

Did you pay for first class post or the dearer postal option?

I chose the free post option which can take a few days. I ordered it on Tuesday just gone. I just checked the order confirmation email which said the estimated delivery date could be this Thursday or this Saturday! I'm so glad it came today and hope yours is waiting for you when you get home from work! x

I chose the free post option which can take a few days. I ordered it on Tuesday just gone. I just checked the order confirmation email which said the estimated delivery date could be this Thursday or this Saturday! I'm so glad it came today and hope yours is waiting for you when you get home from work! x

Thanks! I never seem to have luck when it comes to ordering pre releases from amazon,even when I pay for first class post!

Edit: Well, for the first time ever, Amazon have delivered a pre order on time! :)

Thanks! I never seem to have luck when it comes to ordering pre releases from amazon,even when I pay for first class post!

Edit: Well, for the first time ever, Amazon have delivered a pre order on time! :)

You're welcome! I've never ordered an album online before lol and was wondering how pre-ordering worked in terms of if we would get Ghost Stories on the actual release date. I was really doubting it! Please let me/us know if you get/got your copy today, I'm curious! Actually, by your Edit, does that mean you now have your copy from Amazon? :D x

You're welcome! I've never ordered an album online before lol and was wondering how pre-ordering worked in terms of if we would get Ghost Stories on the actual release date. I was really doubting it! Please let me/us know if you get/got your copy today, I'm curious! Actually, by your Edit, does that mean you now have your copy from Amazon? :D x

Yes, it arrived! It's a miracle!

I ordered mine a few hours ago on Amazon so my physical copy will be in my hands soon :dance: But I also got the dowloadable version (autorip thing) and my first impression is that it's very airy except for ASFOS because it's more on the dancing electro side. I think I will listen to that record a lot :D

Guest kmm1482
I also think so-- there has been a vocal minority of negativity on here but I think this is their finest work.

I disagree. While a GOOD album, in my opinion, this is not their best work. Lyrically, composition-wise, no Ghost Story but the watered down Sky Full of Stars, too many modern fads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree. While a GOOD album, in my opinion, this is not their best work. Lyrically, composition-wise, no Ghost Story but the watered down Sky Full of Stars, too many modern fads.

Perhaps.. I actually agree with you to a degree. But there is no denying that there has been a vocal minority of negativity on here.

Guest kmm1482

Eh. Maybe in some areas. But in others this album just doesn't satisfy. There is a large discrepancy between the good side and bad side

Eh. Maybe in some areas. But in others this album just doesn't satisfy. There is a large discrepancy between the good side and bad side

In the end really it's all down to personal taste I guess haha

]

Odered mine online from Target and it arrived today-YIPPEEE!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't know exactly where to post this, but here it goes. This is a part of Cemeteries of London: So we rode down to the river where the toiling ghosts strain for their curses to be broken… We’d go underneath the arches where the witches are in there saying there are ghost towns in the ocean… The ocean…

Ghosts and oceans!

I didn't know exactly where to post this, but here it goes. This is a part of Cemeteries of London: So we rode down to the river where the toiling ghosts strain for their curses to be broken… We’d go underneath the arches where the witches are in there saying there are ghost towns in the ocean… The ocean…

Ghosts and oceans!

oh the nostalgia.. how i crave for this lyrical maturity..

• 3 years later...

I don't know if this picture is old or not, but this was supposed to be the tracklist of GS:

33023090_1275650082565805_6240116533629026304_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=cbaa8d09670cb57d6a72e1c6cf4f7c6b&oe=5B99D29A

There's no ASFOS nor Magic. I bet that the record company forced them to make some 'pop songs' to increase the sales. When sales wasn't (at all) the point of GS...

• Like 2

I don't think Coldplay get told what to do anymore. They are Parlophone's biggest act by far, and no matter what they release they always sell big. World Without You sounds like a song with a similar meaning to A Sky Full of Stas judging by the title and its place on the album, I just assume that new songs came about.

• Like 2

...and Ghost Stories was about getting divorced from her

It's not about that. It's about something that happened a really, really long time ago.

A total car crash.

It's about someone who is asleep somewhere and still haunts someones dreams.

Perhaps it's even about someone waking up and meeting someone again.

Who can say.

Perhaps it's about someone who dreams of someone who is sleeping

and someone else who awakes only to find everyone is asleep.

It's something like that.

love

Freya

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

This album was a beauty. It's was more synth-pop, new age and ambient music and it's was haunting to the debut of end. Outside the horrific ''Magic'', this album was a huge beauty and this was the album who Chris deployed all his emotions in his voice in the album, to debut of end, you hear all the pain, the madness, the sadness and the drama of his voice (including in ''A Sky Full of Stars''). He cited thier most personal album and all the emotions that Chris have after the separation with Gwyneth, he put all of the table. I didn't hear a personal album like that before for the group since thier debut depist it's have few personals songs before (like ''Fix You''). For me, this album was a therapy for Chris and helped him to starting a new chapter of his life after her relation with Gwyneth ending and for the good for his two childrens. The next album was a way to he passed a another chapter and wanted to amusing after the depressed mood of this album. This album, like A Rush of Blood to the Head was a masterpiece and a album who i wanted to listen every time and many wasn't expected who Coldplay released a very dark album. Midnight was my favorite song of the album.

• Love 1