✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is Ghost Stories just LP6.1?

It was after viva was released, in that they toured the US twice within a few months. Then the EP came out, and a few months later they did an "outdoor festival" themed one-off tour, when the setlists were extended and the gig was about 1h:45m (WHICH IS #$%&ING PERFECT FOR THEM AND I HOPE THATS THEIR NEW STANDARD!!!!!!)

Outburst over :D

I don't think there's anything wrong with nine tracks, Parachutes and Viva had ten. And when you look at Prospekt's March EP, that's not a normal EP, they usually consist of at most 5 tracks really, to get 8 on one is a rarity.

The boys are fans of hidden tracks so it wouldn't surprise me if there was one or two of them on GS. If not then I can still see the album clocking in around the 45 minute mark as usual.

I don't think having nine songs means a shorter wait for the next album either, although that'd be great provided they don't rush it.

Based on the stuff we've heard so far, especially 'Magic', then I'll be more than satisfied with having just nine solid tracks than two or three of them and the rest being album-fillers.

• 1 month later...
I think it's quite possible we will have another EP or LP by next year…

For the time being it looks like the tour will be pretty low-key, giving them time for another project.

Exactly, I hope your right

I believe in quality over quantity. Nine tracks is fine in my eyes. It's what in the songs that matters most to me.

I'll admit to saying that the three extra tracks on the US Target release are a nice little bonus.

However, at this point in time, I am not concerned if there's no B-sides or another EP or album in the foreseeable future.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kmm1482

There has to be a treasure trove of unreleased Coldplay songs. Hell, look at Johnny Cash! He's been dead 9 years and he's had 3-4 albums since then. Plus, MX only had 1! b-side and GS technically only has 2. There has to be lots of songs SOMEWHERE! And it can't be because they suck, as Coldplay always have some of the strongest b-sides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There has to be a treasure trove of unreleased Coldplay songs. Hell, look at Johnny Cash! He's been dead 9 years and he's had 3-4 albums since then. Plus, MX only had 1! b-side and GS technically only has 2. There has to be lots of songs SOMEWHERE! And it can't be because they suck, as Coldplay always have some of the strongest b-sides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One day I am going to be an old man who has a dusty Coldplay catalog when suddenly, one day, they (even older men) release a five disc set of every B-side they never released and glorious euphoric nostalgia will rush over me....such a rush.

I think (judging by a leaked photo of the original plan for GS) we can probably be expecting LP7 in 2016. There were a lot of songs there (including Atlas and Ghost Story) that weren't on the finished album. I believe that the band were going for a fairly big album like Viva but they're mentality changed when Chris started separating with G.P. My prediction, expect a big LP7.

I think (judging by a leaked photo of the original plan for GS) we can probably be expecting LP7 in 2016. There were a lot of songs there (including Atlas and Ghost Story) that weren't on the finished album. I believe that the band were going for a fairly big album like Viva but they're mentality changed when Chris started separating with G.P. My prediction, expect a big LP7.

First time I read LP7 in 2016 and that's just dissapointing. I hope I don't HAVE TO read that NEVER again.

LP7 better comes in 2015 and hope my wishes come true.

First time I read LP7 in 2016 and that's just dissapointing. I hope I don't HAVE TO read that NEVER again.

LP7 better comes in 2015 and hope my wishes come true.

There were a couple of reasons why I said this. 1, I don't think we should overhype in case we're disappointed. 2, the last time Coldplay did an album similar to this it was Parachutes (in my opinion anyway) and there was a 2 year gap between Parachtues and AROBTTH. However there will probably be some sort of anthem filled EP or LP or whatever next year. Fingers Crossed ;)

I think it's optimistic tbh... the band have only done something like this once before (Prospekt's March) and that was kind of spur-of-the-moment... if they'd done b-sides or anything for MX I would say it was more likely but as it stands I think they're trying to have the album 'speak for itself'. Though I wish we had b-sides.