✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is Ghost Stories just LP6.1?

Well, it could be possible like a dark and bright album... I'd love the concept.. kinda like viva but then 2 albums :smug:

It would explain why we haven't heard that much new stuff after MX and close to no unreleased or b-sides with that album.

Also if it's just this album i hope they release more extra tracks / b-sides or an EP again :) ''greedy''

One thing I've noticed amidst the excitement of Ghost Stories is the complaining of the album's length. It seems a lot of people have forgotten that VLV had only ten tracks, and it was an absolutely great album. Plenty of bands release short albums, because after all, quality > quantity. Hell, Radiohead released King of Limbs in 2011 with eight songs, and that was a fantastic album.

To answer your question, I sincerely doubt Coldplay would release an extension of a main album. An EP is somewhat likely, but they don't necessarily repeat themselves.

Think about MX, if you don't take MX, M.M.I.X and A Hopeful Transmission as full song then there are 11 tracks. Considering the chance of a hidden track on GS and adding the 3 bonus tracks of the special edition there are more songs than on MX + Moving to Mars...

But it would be great to get another EP like Prospekt's March later this year:D

I think timing is a considerable factor as well. Mylo Xyloto was PURE TORTURE because we had a summer of Festivals Shows (a.k.a low quality bootlegs of half the album), then an October release. The only true B-Side was Moving to Mars which came out before the album. Nothing after.

For Ghost Stories, we get 2 songs, the SXSW show this month, and then a May release. Any B-sides or alternate versions of live songs are yet to come. And as always, their live shows usually feature some re-imagination of past material (Think of all 3 versions of God Put a Smile Upon Your Face).

I doubt it will be 9 songs and they're finished. Thats just not Coldplay!

I've been thinking the same from the very second I saw only 9 songs something's up .. They also partially pulled a beyonce so I feel they are gonna do something very different with this album / tour and the way they go about it !!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there will be another ghost stories 2 right after. An EP might be possible in the near future, but what I'm really expecting is that they'll release more b-sides and lp7 will be released in no more than 2 years. I remember reading an NME article at the beginning of last year that they started working on ghost stories already, and also remember how the latin American tour got canceled unlike in the viva la vida tour where it finished until 2010!!!! I think they had a lot of working time on this occasion, so I would be very disappointed if we get only 9 songs with no b-sides, and then have to wait 3 or more years for lp7.