✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[23-Mar-2014] Coldplay @ Sony Pictures Studios, Los Angeles, USA

Tash

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time is everyone showing up tomorrow? Does anyone know how these Citicard events usually work as far as check-in and seat assignments? At the event today one employee said that your position in line doesn't mean you'll have the best seat, and I'm wondering if there will be somewhat random seat assignments for tomorrow too.

I got there around 9:30 am and they said its way too early. Te me to come back around 1 pm. Anyone else have this problem?

The first two concerts were done by 1iota and were free tickets. I think because they were filming they said that your place in line did not impact where you sit, although I was in front of the line And got great seats. To my knowledge they reserved the good seats for VIP. I would think this Sunday show would be a bit different cuz it's put on my Citi and the tickets were not free.

WTF! seems like another concert just finished! before the scheduled one we know of. people are just coming out and one posted the set list. dang.. this is what a secret show is..

Edit: oops.. my bad. thought the concert was to be at the same time as the previous. but seems this one was earlier in the day?

63677caab2e411e3a1d00ec1df5821cd_8.jpg

link

Holy crap. We already were insanely close. But when they came back for Viva, Chris said we could come closer. We were AGAINST THE STAGE. I touched wills viva drum. We stayed there for viva, fix you and etiaw. Every time I think it can't get better, it does. Unbelievable.

I was in the exact spot as yesterday. Crazy how that worked out. Chris looked right at me and blew me a kiss. Too hard to type much on my phone but it was by far the most incredibly special show ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got home from the show. It was amazing. The set list posted was correct. The 3rd song was the scientist. After the show they asked to stay and do some sound pickups. One was clapping only then clapping and cheering.

We were 2nd row in the round right in front of Jake. Then when Chris called us closer for the 3 song encore we were right on the stage. It was incredible!!!!!

Holy crap…again...today was the 24th time I've seen Coldplay. Small shows, club show, stadium, large arenas, radio station shows, tv shows. But today blew everything else away.

We ended up in almost exactly the same front row seats we had yesterday. And I was more than fine with that. There were a few stationary cameras, but no cameramen walking around unlike yesterday. Maybe I didn't notice it, but they projected the audience on the screen a few times. THey also had a 3d camera on during Oceans, I think but not 100% sure. Other than adding The Scientist after Paradise and Clocks, the opening bit was the same. They left the stage, then came back for Ghost Stories. Only played Always in My Head once today. I paid more attention to the songs today. Hope I can remember… Ink - fast-ish song. Ink refers to tattoos. LOL True Love - slow ballady Love song. Oceans - kind of haunting with a "ping" sound throughout, like a sonar. Lovedi it. A Sky Full of Stars - my favorite I think. Starts off kind of slow, and builds to a total dance number. So so fun. O - medium song about "flying away." Will plays electric guitar. Liked it a lot.

After GS, they left the stage and came back for Viva, Fix You and ETIAW. When they started Viva, Chris said "you can all come closer" !!! So we all went right up to the stage. Like Will was about a foot away from me, banging on the Viva drums and bell. You all know me, and I was having the time of my life. Chris kept laughing and walking around the stage stopping to dance with people. It was by FAR the most personal show I've been to - just with the interaction. The crowd was SO cool - a chill room full of true fans and everyone had a great time and was super enthusiastic, without being obnoxious and it was like being in a room with 500 friends, all enjoying the best afternoon out, ever. Everyone was singing, clapping and rocking along, even with the new songs. I love Fix YOu, but it's not like my favorite song, but I was just so overcome with the emotion and intensity of that situation that I was tearing up. And ETIAW was just one huge dance party.

The room was so freaking small, they didn't even have mics on the drums. It was amazing to be able to actually hear the drum beats and cymbals and all truly live - Will plays the shit out of those drums. No delays obviously. The sound was fabulous, loud enough, but not too loud in such an intimate setting. The speakers were in the round, too, so it's not like they were blasting from a stage straight back to an arena. Clear, perfect sound.

Every show I go to, I think is outstanding and can't be topped, only to be blown away by the next. I am fully blown away by Ghost Stories. Obviously there are songs I like more than others, but I think this album is incredible, and in my opinion, should make everyone happy.

Chris looked right at me after Midnight and blew me a kiss. I can die happy now, well, no, I'd need Will to blow me that kiss. LOL

ughh I can't believe it! That sounds so awesome! :bomb:

I wish I could experience something like that one day *sigh*

Anyway, I'm so happy for all of you that could be there, and I'm happy because it seems that a lot of the people that attended these shows were true fans and that they enjoyed it very much (it makes me mad when cool shows get dull audiences) :nice:

Now bring on the album and the world tour, coldplay!

Tonight's show was probably the 15th time I've seen Coldplay (I've lost count), but this show is going to be very hard to top. It was incredible. I felt like they were playing just for me. It was so personal. I was in the aisle of row 4 for most of the show, but ran up to the very front as soon as Chris invited us to get a little closer. I was so close to Will I could have reached out and touched him but I didn't want to interrupt his playing! Then Chris walked past and I just couldn't resist. I put my hand on his sweaty back and touched him. Very surreal moment for me after being a fan for so many years. I still can't stop smiling. Really looking forward to the tour!

Erick, I'm still trying to process what happened today. Really the best thing ever, and I'm SO glad we were all there!

Same here Dianne! I am really happy that we got to experience that together! We seem to be lucky when we go to CP concerts together ;). That one time I got upgraded, oh and that one time we met Chris Martin together! :p

Same here Dianne! I am really happy that we got to experience that together! We seem to be lucky when we go to CP concerts together ;). That one time I got upgraded, oh and that one time we met Chris Martin together! :p

You met Chris Martin?!! OMG. I touched him and I can't stop smiling. I can't imagine meeting him.

This is so amazing to read about that it's hard to hide disappointment of not being able to see it myself. Don't get me wrong, it's wonderful. I'm thrilled beyond belief at the kindness of this band, the humor they have, the dedication they show their fans. I'm thrilled to have this DVD coming our way! The reviews are stellar. I've not heard one that has been negative in any way, and certain songs have me on the edge of my seat wanting to hear them, i.,e., A Sky Full of Stars. I'm so glad that some of us were lucky enough to be able to see this spectacle, but I do wish so much to have seen it too. Congrats everyone! You got an amazing treat, and I'm glad you got to go, and I'm glad that we got to hear about the new songs! Thanks for the reviews.

^ don't worry, we are all jealous beyond the moon, it is thr usual fan dilemma haha.

Im just glad that some of us really hardcore fans got the chance to be part of this spectacle and let us all be part with their amazing reviews :)