✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[23-Mar-2014] Coldplay @ Sony Pictures Studios, Los Angeles, USA

Tash

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont remember if he said DVD for tonights show, but I know for certain that he said it would be a DVD during the "video shoot" on saturday.

I agree. He said there would be an NBC special in about a month as well as a DVD.

6ehe3u7a.jpg

Erick and I when we met Chris. Super nice guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at that show! I looked at your show dates on your bio and we have been to so many of the same shows! Wish I was standing next to you in this pic! Lucky girl!

I dont remember if he said DVD for tonights show, but I know for certain that he said it would be a DVD during the "video shoot" on saturday.

I was at the video shoot too! Ok, well I hope you guys are right! I would love a DVD. Dianne, Kelly, and I couldn't decide if we heard DVD or not.

so i remember at the "video shoot", after they sang Sky Full of Stars phil harvey came out and told the audience, and chris, that he thought this was the audience he wanted to film for this song (I think it was because we went really crazy during the song). they then resang the entire song once more. To those that attended the friday or saturday night gigs, I was wondering if this happened for them also?

Wait so theres

O (Reprise)

O (Fly On)

O Part 2!

So is there an extra "O" song that we don't know about or am i just not in the loop lol

I think O (Fly On) = O (Part 1). The other O's are 30-secondish instrumental pieces that opened/closed the show.

Did anyone that attended these shows actually hear them say DVD or? Because I'm almost 100 percent sure that Chris never said DVD. What I am sure of is that he said it would air on NBC in about a month. Or did they say they would be releasing a DVD before these shows??

They 100% said DVD on Friday. Absolutely positive about this.

so i remember at the "video shoot", after they sang Sky Full of Stars phil harvey came out and told the audience, and chris, that he thought this was the audience he wanted to film for this song (I think it was because we went really crazy during the song). they then resang the entire song once more. To those that attended the friday or saturday night gigs, I was wondering if this happened for them also?

On Friday, they did Paradise a second time, but every other song was only once.

You met Chris Martin?!! OMG. I touched him and I can't stop smiling. I can't imagine meeting him.

I've been lucky enough to meet Chris several times over the years and I echo what Dianne said about him being a super nice guy. I've had him sign some of my cds and vinyls and on a few them, he drew what I think are self portraits of his face, but they are funny looking faces.

The funniest time I met him was unintentionally. It was a Radiohead show at the Hollywood Bowl in September 2003. I was standing near the artist entry where they used to have a ticket booth where they would handle the VIPs and celebrities attending shows. I saw from behind a tall guy wearing a hoody walk up to that ticket booth and I actually thought it could be Chris. When he turned around I saw that it was and I spoke briefly to him, mentioning I had seen him play that very venue less than 4 months earlier. He mentioned to me that he was meeting his girlfriend there. I could see Gwyneth waiting for him on the other side of where the ticket holders were. When he went to have his ticket scanned, it didn't work and they sent Chris back to the ticket window to get it sorted out. I found it amusing that this ticket taker was turning away this guy who sold out 2 shows there just months before. Chris didn't get upset like many celebrities would have and came back with a ticket that worked.

Dianne I saw you there last night. It was also my 24th time seeing Coldplay. I had a lot of luck in that I was able to get into all 3 1iota performances, but couldn't get a ticket for today. I was in the row right behind you last night and seated right behind Will. I recognized you from your photos with Will and Chris and could see the joy on your face throughout the show. I'm happy to hear that today's show was filled with big fans as the previous 3 shows had a lot of people who had never seen Coldplay, but were there since they got in for free. We had people behind us talking loudly at times, even during the hits they would have known.

One thing that happened at the Saturday afternoon performance was someone yelled out "When does the tour start?" Chris answered saying something like "I don't know. We'll be doing these small shows for awhile". It sounds like a lot more people will have a chance to experience Coldplay up close.

Did anyone that attended these shows actually hear them say DVD or? Because I'm almost 100 percent sure that Chris never said DVD. What I am sure of is that he said it would air on NBC in about a month. Or did they say they would be releasing a DVD before these shows??

The stage manager Alec said it would be a tv show and DVD before all 3 1iota performances and I know Chris also mentioned a DVD as well. I get the impression it will air first on NBC, then be released as a DVD at the same time as the album release. I believe that was what Chris implied. Maybe it will be sold as part of a deluxe edition (beyond the Target deluxe edition) in May?

Speaking of the Target edition I saw that the 3 bonus tracks are now identified on wikipedia as being All Your Friends, Ghost Story and O (Part 2/Reprise).

For those of you that were at the Friday and Saturday shows, I'm curious to know if Chris invited everyone to get a little closer towards the end of those shows as well.

I've been lucky enough to meet Chris several times over the years and I echo what Dianne said about him being a super nice guy. I've had him sign some of my cds and vinyls and on a few them, he drew what I think are self portraits of his face, but they are funny looking faces.

The funniest time I met him was unintentionally. It was a Radiohead show at the Hollywood Bowl in September 2003. I was standing near the artist entry where they used to have a ticket booth where they would handle the VIPs and celebrities attending shows. I saw from behind a tall guy wearing a hoody walk up to that ticket booth and I actually thought it could be Chris. When he turned around I saw that it was and I spoke briefly to him, mentioning I had seen him play that very venue less than 4 months earlier. He mentioned to me that he was meeting his girlfriend there. I could see Gwyneth waiting for him on the other side of where the ticket holders were. When he went to have his ticket scanned, it didn't work and they sent Chris back to the ticket window to get it sorted out. I found it amusing that this ticket taker was turning away this guy who sold out 2 shows there just months before. Chris didn't get upset like many celebrities would have and came back with a ticket that worked.

Dianne I saw you there last night. It was also my 24th time seeing Coldplay. I had a lot of luck in that I was able to get into all 3 1iota performances, but couldn't get a ticket for today. I was in the row right behind you last night and seated right behind Will. I recognized you from your photos with Will and Chris and could see the joy on your face throughout the show. I'm happy to hear that today's show was filled with big fans as the previous 3 shows had a lot of people who had never seen Coldplay, but were there since they got in for free. We had people behind us talking loudly at times, even during the hits they would have known.

One thing that happened at the Saturday afternoon performance was someone yelled out "When does the tour start?" Chris answered saying something like "I don't know. We'll be doing these small shows for awhile". It sounds like a lot more people will have a chance to experience Coldplay up close.

That is very lucky indeed! It makes me so happy to hear that he is as nice a guy as you would expect him to be! Hopefully one day l can meet him too!!

Tickets to today's show were a bargain, I thought. $100? Deal of the century. But I think charging for tickets weeded out the casual/not really fans. It wasn't super easy to get these tickets, it was a lot of luck because of such a limited supply. That said, though, apparently there was some sort of Citi Pre Party you could buy tickets for? I didn't hear about that until today, only 70 people had those. And believe it or not, before the show, they had to remove some extra seats so they weren't empty. No shows? I don't know. We spoke with almost everyone in our row and every single person there were huge fans who had seen Coldplay multiple times. 16, 18, 11, 5... And one guy we had been taking in line to had seen Coldplay at Bimbos 365 in San Francisco in like 2002. One girl had seen them 3 times in 6 days, driving the length of California. Those were the type of fans there today. I don't know of Chris "felt" that type of devotion, but the fans were into it.

One of the 1iota reps said they had over 25,000 requests for tickets to the shows.

For those of you that were at the Friday and Saturday shows, I'm curious to know if Chris invited everyone to get a little closer towards the end of those shows as well.

He did not do that at any of those 3 shows. On Friday night there was a track around the stage for cameras to revolve around it. I was in the front row by Guy and there was a crew member sitting next to me whose job was to pull on the cables as these cameras went around. On Saturday this track was gone and for the evening show, they had guys with steadicam cameras who were walking around the perimeter of the stage.

The Saturday afternoon show was different in some ways. They only played 6 of the new songs,skipping Ink, Oceans and O. This was was described as a video shoot and that was correct. They were frequently stopping between songs and getting directions from the stage manager. Chris got very annoyed when he had to stand motionless for over 5 minutes staring into a camera while they got everything precise. This camera was on a large boom set up between the people that were facing the very front of the stage. When they used it it would come in low over the heads of the people in that section, so they were told for large parts of the show to not stand up. At the 2 evening shows everyone stood up throughout the show, but for the afternoon show, people seemed to feel restrained and were usually staying seated. During Paradise Chris had to announce that we could stand, but people would sit down after songs ended. It was interesting to be able to see the show both ways.

Tickets to today's show were a bargain, I thought. $100? Deal of the century. But I think charging for tickets weeded out the casual/not really fans. It wasn't super easy to get these tickets, it was a lot of luck because of such a limited supply. That said, though, apparently there was some sort of Citi Pre Party you could buy tickets for? I didn't hear about that until today, only 70 people had those. And believe it or not, before the show, they had to remove some extra seats so they weren't empty. No shows? I don't know. We spoke with almost everyone in our row and every single person there were huge fans who had seen Coldplay multiple times. 16, 18, 11, 5... And one guy we had been taking in line to had seen Coldplay at Bimbos 365 in San Francisco in like 2002. One girl had seen them 3 times in 6 days, driving the length of California. Those were the type of fans there today. I don't know of Chris "felt" that type of devotion, but the fans were into it.

One of the 1iota reps said they had over 25,000 requests for tickets to the shows.

That would have been a great crowd to say the show with. When you let in people for free it brings out people who never would pay to see an act while keeping out some big fans who didn't have the same luck.

An even better bargain was the March 2005 show at the Troubadour where they charged $10. Coldplay is very aware that Los Angeles was where they first caught on big in the U.S. and since Rush of Blood, they have played small shows here prior to the release of every album. We have been very fortunate to be able to see these shows.

Taking the red-eye back to DC and wish this weekend could have gone on forever.

This was the best concert experience I have ever had (and I can go back years of concert-going!) I thought yesterday was a great show and then came today's, when Chris invited us to come to the stage. (I was sitting in front row in front of Guy and had a great line of vision for every band member.) Standing at the rim of the stage reminded me of this long ago memory: [video=youtube;s-pFAFsTFTI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-pFAFsTFTI

After the show, I asked Guy for his guitar pick and he placed one in my hand.

One thing a fellow Coldlplayer and I heard that struck us: Chris said only a few thousand people would hear this album live. We wondered what that meant about touring since bands make money off tours much more than albums.

Anyway, I'm hoping I'll remember all of the songs until the TV special, DVD/album come out!

Thanks Coldplayers for lending each other support as we navigated through this set of shows the last couple of weeks. Though I signed up for the forum a long while back, I wasn't an active participant until recently and I really felt a part of the community of very loyal fans!

Finally, thanks to the band for being so good to its fans.

Taking the red-eye back to DC and wish this weekend could have gone on forever.

This was the best concert experience I have ever had (and I can go back years of concert-going!) I thought yesterday was a great show and then came today's, when Chris invited us to come to the stage. (I was sitting in front row in front of Guy and had a great line of vision for every band member.) Standing at the rim of the stage reminded me of this long ago memory: [video=youtube;s-pFAFsTFTI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-pFAFsTFTI

After the show, I asked Guy for his guitar pick and he placed one in my hand.

One thing a fellow Coldlplayer and I heard that struck us: Chris said only a few thousand people would hear this album live. We wondered what that meant about touring since bands make money off tours much more than albums.

Anyway, I'm hoping I'll remember all of the songs until the TV special, DVD/album come out!

Thanks Coldplayers for lending each other support as we navigated through this set of shows the last couple of weeks. Though I signed up for the forum a long while back, I wasn't an active participant until recently and I really felt a part of the community of very loyal fans!

Finally, thanks to the band for being so good to its fans.

I would take what Chris said to mean that he knows once they go on tour, that they won't play all 9 songs from Ghost Stories in a single show. It's very likely that this weekends shows are the only times they play it straight through even with them doing more small shows over the next couple of months. I think the actual tour will probably be underway by July and last through much of 2015.

This sounds wonderful, but how did you all find out about the 23rd March show?

Really hoping they do some smaller shows in or near the UK, as I've never seen them in a small venue but have always wanted to.

I would take what Chris said to mean that he knows once they go on tour, that they won't play all 9 songs from Ghost Stories in a single show. It's very likely that this weekends shows are the only times they play it straight through even with them doing more small shows over the next couple of months. I think the actual tour will probably be underway by July and last through much of 2015.

I'm also hoping they are testing the in-the-round concept. It would be awesome if they could adapt it to arenas. While I would love nothing more than to have every future show similar to this weekends, I don't think it's plausible for an actual tour. The cost plus demand wouldn't make sense. But if they could bring the concept to arenas, lower the ceiling, to create intimacy, it might work.

But for now, I'm just grateful I was there to experience the magic of these shows. I met some awesome Coldplayers and other fans, and I was impressed with 1iotas staff.