✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Midnight 7-inch to be released for Record Store Day

Tash

etchyandscretchy.jpg

Midnight 7-inch to be released for Record Store Day

20 March 2014 5:22 pm

Limited vinyl release featuring exclusive etching on reverse

rsdforsite.png

Good evening. To celebrate this year's Record Store Day in the UK and US on Saturday, 19 April, the band is releasing a limited 7-inch vinyl edition of the new song Midnight, from the upcoming Ghost Stories album. The one-sided vinyl will feature an original etching on its reverse by Mila Fürstová, who has also created the new album's artwork.

The 7-inch will also be available from independent record shops in Canada, France, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Switzerland and Austria. To give fans worldwide a chance to buy the 7-inch, a limited quantity will be sold via Coldplay.com at a later date.

Anchorman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY I can put to use my temporary strategic location :awesome:

At least 5 stores in Edinburgh are participating, Midnight's gotta be sold in one of them :awesome: :fingersx:

(oh and FINALLY they acknowledge Europe for promotion this era :awesome: )

FINALLY I can put to use my temporary strategic location :awesome:

At least 5 stores in Edinburgh are participating, Midnight's gotta be sold in one of them :awesome: :fingersx:

(oh and FINALLY they acknowledge Europe for promotion this era :awesome: )

I have to try my luck in Germany lol.

I totally have to plan a route to pass at least five stores, this will will like a freaking treasure hunt! xD

• 3 weeks later...

Bad news bears:

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=1456

Good evening. As previously announced, on 19 April, Coldplay will release a special 7-inch version of their new song, Midnight, for Record Store Day in the UK and Europe.

Unfortunately, we have just been alerted that - due to production issues and shipping times - the 7-inch will not now reach the US in time for Record Store Day.

We will update you with a new date for release in US stores as soon as we get one. Until then, our apologies to US fans for the delay.

Anchorman

FINALLY!!! Something that's going bad for the american fans :p Just as i started thinking Coldplay had turned american with all their special gigs....

(I don't hate american Coldplay fans)

Sounds like it, Damn sweeds

lol j/k

They just announced how many will be released!! 2000 total!

999 in the UK

996 in the US

5 in Sweden..........sounds fair