✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What would you have as a superpower?

Mark

Last time I dared poke my head round the corner of the lounge door, it was a bit of a serious place, so no offence taken if this isn't your kind of question.

What would you have though? Here's a list of some good ones.

Power mimicry/absorption/theft: take the powers of others

Telekinesis: move things with your mind

Telepathy: hear the thoughts of others

Invisibility: become invisible

Phasing: move through solid objects

Precognition: see the future

Chronokinesis: bend time to your will

Pyrokinesis: control fire

Electrokinesis: control electricity

Teleportation: move to another place instantaneously

Superspeed: move quickly

Enhanced strength: not in a Hulk way, just you're really strong

Flight: yeah

Cellular regeneration: repair your body when it's injured

Shapeshifting: change your appearance

Illusion-casting: bend light around you to change what people see, but not actually physically change anything

Persuasion: make anyone do anything for you

Weather control: summon storms and shit

Empathic manipulation: the ability to change people's emotions

Alchemy: turn items to gold

Dream control: control the dreams of others, not yourself

Only pick one, or add your own. Go!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I dared poke my head round the corner of the lounge door, it was a bit of a serious place, so no offence taken if this isn't your kind of question.

What would you have though? Here's a list of some good ones.

Power mimicry/absorption/theft: take the powers of others

Telekinesis: move things with your mind

Telepathy: hear the thoughts of others

Invisibility: become invisible

Phasing: move through solid objects

Precognition: see the future

Chronokinesis: bend time to your will

Pyrokinesis: control fire

Electrokinesis: control electricity

Teleportation: move to another place instantaneously

Superspeed: move quickly

Enhanced strength: not in a Hulk way, just you're really strong

Flight: yeah

Cellular regeneration: repair your body when it's injured

Shapeshifting: change your appearance

Illusion-casting: bend light around you to change what people see, but not actually physically change anything

Persuasion: make anyone do anything for you

Weather control: summon storms and shit

Empathic manipulation: the ability to change people's emotions

Alchemy: turn items to gold

Dream control: control the dreams of others, not yourself

Only pick one, or add your own. Go!

I thought that one was the power to fix my cell phone after I drop it in the toilet after hours of plunging.

Additional boon of teleportation: want to see someone? Distance is no longer a problem, just zoop right over! *zoop*

No need for cars or public transport anymore!

As long as you don't have to do something absurd like picture in exact detail where you want to go. My memory is shocking.

Come to think of it, would we have to hide these superpowers from the non-gifted?

Additional boon of teleportation: want to see someone? Distance is no longer a problem, just zoop right over! *zoop*

No need for cars or public transport anymore!

As long as you don't have to do something absurd like picture in exact detail where you want to go. My memory is shocking.

Come to think of it, would we have to hide these superpowers from the non-gifted?

What I would like to know if you can take people with you. Like, if you touch somebody and then teleport, does this person also get teleported?

OMG you could totally start like your own traveling business and teleport people everywhere in an instant and get loads of cash :wideeyed:

Whether or not people knew of your powers or not, there'd always be people out to kill/lab-test evolved humans.

The idea with all of these powers is that they're made possible by the power of your mind. You think, "I'd really like to know someone's thoughts," and you can. Or, "I wish I was in London at this specific place," and you are. If you have the ability to fly, you don't contract hypothermia from the colder reaches of the atmosphere, you just feel the sensation of flying and control where you go with your mind. There shouldn't be any logistical technicalities to superpowers, right?

Personally though, I'd go for illusion casting, simply because you make anyone believe anything. You could make your date believe you're more attractive. You could make a flight attendant believe you have a ticket. You could make your car look like a Ferrari. You could paint the walls of your room every day of the week. You could make a man in a shop believe that what you just handed him was £8,000 for a new suit. You could make the stewards at concerts believe that you're the performer; hell, if you can bend light, you can probably bend it around yourself so that you can appear invisible.

You wouldn't need to speed up time, because you'd just live the life doing whatever you wanted to, whenever you wanted to.

Personally though, I'd go for illusion casting, simply because you make anyone believe anything. You could make your date believe you're more attractive. You could make a flight attendant believe you have a ticket. You could make your car look like a Ferrari. You could paint the walls of your room every day of the week. You could make a man in a shop believe that what you just handed him was £8,000 for a new suit. You could make the stewards at concerts believe that you're the performer; hell, if you can bend light, you can probably bend it around yourself so that you can appear invisible.

You wouldn't need to speed up time, because you'd just live the life doing whatever you wanted to, whenever you wanted to.

In other words, you could just cheat your way through life :charming:

Chronokinesis is exactly what I need in my life :dazzled:

But considering all the ideas, I would probably go for teleportation. :nod:

I was also thinking that flying would be AMAZING, but ugh it would be horrible for my hair :sick: