✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[1-Jul-2014] Royal Albert Hall, London, UK

Jenjie

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah I thought I recognised you dancing away near Chris and Guy! Similar thing happened to me. I got moved to Block B in the Arena from the lofty tops. So close to Jonny it was crazy! Amazing gig. Gotta love Coldplay for always buying loads of front row seats at chaired gigs!

someone asked the Oracle:

8 July 2014 / submitted by Lestyn, United Kingdom

Q. Hey Oracle!

I was at the the RAH on the 2nd of July, me and my friend sat in our circle seats when a mysterious man came out of nowhere and told us that the band had bought a load of front row tickets and were giving them to hardcore fans. Me and my friend were almost in tears so my question is: who is this man and how can I contact him and thank him?

Thank You!

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

As you are (now) aware, the band buy up tickets for the first couple of rows - it's been happening for years. Before the show, a member of the crew or touring party (trainer Dan, family/friends) hunt down die-hard fans and "upgrade" their nosebleed seats to front rows.

At the RAH, the man in question is called Dick and he is a lovely Irish gent.

I shall pass on your thanks to him.

• 2 weeks later...
someone asked the Oracle:

8 July 2014 / submitted by Lestyn, United Kingdom

Q. Hey Oracle!

I was at the the RAH on the 2nd of July, me and my friend sat in our circle seats when a mysterious man came out of nowhere and told us that the band had bought a load of front row tickets and were giving them to hardcore fans. Me and my friend were almost in tears so my question is: who is this man and how can I contact him and thank him?

Thank You!

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

As you are (now) aware, the band buy up tickets for the first couple of rows - it's been happening for years. Before the show, a member of the crew or touring party (trainer Dan, family/friends) hunt down die-hard fans and "upgrade" their nosebleed seats to front rows.

At the RAH, the man in question is called Dick and he is a lovely Irish gent.

I shall pass on your thanks to him.

Wow..

I felt so lucky to even get tickets, but now that I see this.. I got a seat on top of the Circle, the last row. I wondered if I should ask an employee of the RAH if I could change seats, as I saw so many empty seats in the front, but I was afraid to miss a song of the concert, so I didn't. *sigh* I just should have tried.. This was only the second time that I didn't watch a concert from frontrow, so I would like to classify myself as the "die-hard" fan they were looking for :P

Hi there!

The show at the Royal Albert Hall seems to have been a really incredible experience (the setlist was just amazing!) and that's why I would like to do a multicam video from the footage that fans have recorded while being at the FIRST of the two Royal Albert Hall concerts. The reason why I chose the first one is simply that we have the audio from Absolute Radio which means that the sound quality will be consitent and good. Now, if you would like to contribute to this project, simply post (or write a PM if you prefer that) links to your youtube videos (and please don't post videos that are not yours) or download links, so that I know that I can use them for this purpose. Finally, I want to say that I have never done this before and it might take a longer time to finish it but I am grateful for your contributions. :)

Hi there!

The show at the Royal Albert Hall seems to have been a really incredible experience (the setlist was just amazing!) and that's why I would like to do a multicam video from the footage that fans have recorded while being at the FIRST of the two Royal Albert Hall concerts. The reason why I chose the first one is simply that we have the audio from Absolute Radio which means that the sound quality will be consitent and good. Now, if you would like to contribute to this project, simply post (or write a PM if you prefer that) links to your youtube videos (and please don't post videos that are not yours) or download links, so that I know that I can use them for this purpose. Finally, I want to say that I have never done this before and it might take a longer time to finish it but I am grateful for your contributions. :)

Great idea - Good Luck ! I put my video of the last 2 songs on this thread on July 3rd. If it's any good to you - please use it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Guys, I need to know an info: what is the avg prize of their shows at Royal Albert Hall?

And is it very difficult to have a ticket?

Tnx so much :)

There were 2 concerts last year at the Albert Hall. The average price was around £80 - £100 and they were extremely difficult to get.

Oh - wish it was this time last year....... I had my ticket and was ready to go.......