✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Next tour will be Stadiums or Arenas?

Bazza101

I have a feeling that this time they will go for arenas instead of stadiums..For some reason I think it would suit the album's atmosphere and artwork more? Also this would perhaps "allow" them to do more dates, go to more places than during the MX tour. In any case I'm really looking forward to it :D

The GS theme seems to fit better in arenas, but that doesn't mean they can't adapt everything so it fits into a stadium. Maybe they'll come up with something new, as they have done last time with the Xylobands.

I would really love seeing them in arenas, it seems more intimate, but the problem is here in my country there isn't such a thing. There are either theatres (3000 people) or big stadiums, nothing really in between. So, I don't know if they could do a world tour playing just in arenas.

The GS theme seems to fit better in arenas, but that doesn't mean they can't adapt everything so it fits into a stadium. Maybe they'll come up with something new, as they have done last time with the Xylobands.

I would really love seeing them in arenas, it seems more intimate, but the problem is here in my country there isn't such a thing. There are either theatres (3000 people) or big stadiums, nothing really in between. So, I don't know if they could do a world tour playing just in arenas.

Unfortunately, if a tour is designed to play a certain type of venue, that often means that tour stops without an appropriately sized venue simply end up getting bypassed. This certainly has been the case with Coldplay tours in the past before they started playing stadiums on a widespread basis. Plenty of major "world tours" skip significant portions of the world.

That said, I would not be at all surprised to see the band play some shows in theaters or other sub arena sized venues on whatever sort of tour they end up doing for this album.

My guess is that they'll do like 10 small shows for GS tour in 2014 then they'll throw a big tour in summer of 2015 for LP7!!

I was thinking about this option too. It makes sense, since they release the DVD when the album comes out. The other DVD's came out at the end of a tour.

If the rumor about lp7 is true, it makes not much sense to do a big tour now, i think..

But lets see what happens ;)

I think it's going to be arenas (or at least smaller venues) I can't really see songs like Always In My Head/Magic/Another's Arms in a huge stadium (which ofcourse isn't a bad thing) It makes room for more intimate gigs which is awesome :D

But on the other hand, if there are more songs on GS like ASFOS (which I doubt) it would be very stadium suitable.

Unfortunately, if a tour is designed to play a certain type of venue, that often means that tour stops without an appropriately sized venue simply end up getting bypassed. This certainly has been the case with Coldplay tours in the past before they started playing stadiums on a widespread basis. Plenty of major "world tours" skip significant portions of the world.

That said, I would not be at all surprised to see the band play some shows in theaters or other sub arena sized venues on whatever sort of tour they end up doing for this album.

You always give me hope :wacky:

You always give me hope :wacky:

It just seems to me that the backline and stage placement they've been using so far this era seems set up to work in smaller spaces. I really think we'll see them in some smaller scale shows in the near future, at least in some places.

I have some crazy thoughts.

Baden Baden concert was broadcasted live in many European countries.

Maybe there will be show in each of that country this year? :D

edit: Chris said on tv there's not gonna be any tour :(