✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Standing at gigs

Hi, I've just been thinking about Coldplay gigs. I've seen Coldplay live once at Under 1 Roof and had a seat on the back row. As soon as the guys set foot on stage I stood up without a second thought :D I did struggle to see at times though 'cos I'm quite short and a very tsll man stood in front of me :/ (I know he can't help being tall). Anyway, for the next gig I try to get a ticket for I want to be in the standing section! What are people's experiences of this? I'm worried I won't be able to see 'cos I'm quite short and also I don't really fancy getting pushed around (I know us Coldplayers are probably all lovely but you can't help but move around during gigs) but I would love love love to be close to the band! What do all the other short people in standing sections do? I don't want to queue for hours and hours to then find I can't see! I'll be so upset if that happens. I know the obvious answer to this is to just get a seat instead but like I said I'd love to be close to Chris, Guy, Jonny and Will! :heart: x

Hi, I've just been thinking about Coldplay gigs. I've seen Coldplay live once at Under 1 Roof and had a seat on the back row. As soon as the guys set foot on stage I stood up without a second thought :D I did struggle to see at times though 'cos I'm quite short and a very tsll man stood in front of me :/ (I know he can't help being tall). Anyway, for the next gig I try to get a ticket for I want to be in the standing section! What are people's experiences of this? I'm worried I won't be able to see 'cos I'm quite short and also I don't really fancy getting pushed around (I know us Coldplayers are probably all lovely but you can't help but move around during gigs) but I would love love love to be close to the band! What do all the other short people in standing sections do? I don't want to queue for hours and hours to then find I can't see! I'll be so upset if that happens. I know the obvious answer to this is to just get a seat instead but like I said I'd love to be close to Chris, Guy, Jonny and Will! :heart: x

Well, it's common in Germany to stand during gigs (the entire floor is usually a standing area) so I can somewhat relate :awesome:

Difference is, I'm tall :|

The most obvious solution to your problem is, come as EARLY AS POSSIBLE. If you're early your chances of standing front row are pretty high. Just run like hell once the gates are open and push your way through!

If you happen to stand somewhere in the back consider this: the tall people around you would be still able to see if you were standing in front of them. So if you really have trouble seeing anything just ask them politely if you could switch places with them.

Or be an ass and just creep around them if possible :charming:

An other option is wearing high shoes. But that could be a problem if you're trying to jump/dance with them. But this way you're at least a little bit taller.

There isn't much else you can do I fear :/

We make all day queuing into a party, part of the process. We bring chairs, made posters, food and drink to Radiohead and Coldplay and have waited for at least 8 hours. Make friends! People will save your spots if you are friendly and share. Hopefully there is a restroom available. Get there early! We have been lucky enough to get that front row when there is GA

I'm short too and as Batman said, the best solution is showing up as early as possible, see to it that you can sneak in as one of the first ones and run your ass of to the front row :cheesy:

As for the getting pushed around, I didn't have problems with that at the one concert I've been to, but I did have nice people behind me

As for the getting pushed around, I didn't have problems with that at the one concert I've been to, but I did have nice people behind me

If you're getting pushed around, push the fuck back! One time I had this annoying girl bumping into me every 10 seconds, so I stuck my butt out in a VERY exaggerated way so she stumbled back and gave me a disgusted stare :lol: She was keeping her distance for the rest of concert muha

"What's happening out there?!" "Should I describe it to you? Or do you want me to find you a box?" Legolas to Gimli, LoTR, Two Towers.

Sorry, felt like I had to put that in ;) But yeah, basically what Thalia said. Turn up 12 hours early, fucking wing it to the front, cling to the railing with both hands and may I suggest to kick/bite ANYONE attempting to subtly move you away. Actually, cut that last bit out; you may get an asbo :)

Hopefully there is a restroom available. We have been lucky enough to get that front row when there is GA

I've read somewhere, (my 6th sense tells me it was the Oracle) that Albert Hall will have a cloak room and everyone goes through it on entrance.

If you're getting pushed around, push the fuck back! One time I had this annoying girl bumping into me every 10 seconds, so I stuck my butt out in a VERY exaggerated way so she stumbled back and gave me a disgusted stare :lol: She was keeping her distance for the rest of concert muha

Hahaha :lol: I'm going to try something with my elbows if it ever happens to me :evil:

Thanks for the replies! :) Ooo I'm excited now! All I have to do now is getting a ticket, not only that, but a standing ticket haha. If I do get a standing ticket I'm going to get to the venue nice and early and talk to other fans, especially if I go to the Paris gig seeing as I'll be going there from here in England and it would be silly not to try get to the front if you've come to a different country! I'm going to wear boots which will hopefully make me a little bit taller even if it does mean getting hot, I'm definitely not wearing dolly shoes to a standing gig, my feet will be ruined! I wonder if anyone wears heels? Then again I might wear trainers for comfort. Hmmm. I love how as soon as Coldplay came on stage at Under 1 Roof I immediately stood up as if they were Royalty or something (well they kinda are to us!)

At Coldplay gigs, do many of you guys reveal your Coldplaying.com identities? x

"What's happening out there?!" "Should I describe it to you? Or do you want me to find you a box?" Legolas to Gimli, LoTR, Two Towers.

Sorry, felt like I had to put that in ;) But yeah, basically what Thalia said. Turn up 12 hours early, fucking wing it to the front, cling to the railing with both hands and may I suggest to kick/bite ANYONE attempting to subtly move you away. Actually, cut that last bit out; you may get an asbo :)

I hope I get to the front! Luckily for the Paris gig I've managed to book a good few days off work to explore Paris seeing as I've never been so if I do get a standing ticket and wait since morning then at least I don't feel like I'm using up time to explore Paris lol. Haha I don't think I will kick or bite anyone! I was joking with one of my managers that I would probably say politely, "Errr excuse me?" when trying not to get pushed around! x

I went to my first Coldplay show on the Mylo Xyloto tour. As far as I know, none of the US shows had general admission. At most shows, I'd be fine with this since I'm a textbook introvert. At my next Coldplay show, I'm going bat sh** crazy though. I don't know why they need the chairs. We'll all be standing the whole time unless Chris says we should sit down for a song (Warning Sign at my show). But they're changing things with Ghost Stories. Maybe they'll do GA this time around

butt bump

ass attack

booty barge

you can bring a little chair with you

It's sounds like he says "perfected it!" in english at like 0:38 :lol:

I can't even understand what he's saying over the grunts of pain LOL. But he's not saying "perfected it!" that I can understand :lol:

I can't even understand what he's saying over the grunts of pain LOL. But he's not saying "perfected it!" that I can understand :lol:

Apparently he's saying: "perfect wasn't it?" in the subtitled version :facepalm: