✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin gets called upon for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

Greengoose

Oh god stop complaining , if they can do a fun video while raising awareness and donating to a charity Why the f Not? The videos are not supposed to be serious ...As a celebrity (or not) you do the video , some people look at it, have a laugh , maybe donate money or know about this cause and then we'll forget the video in 2 weeks .

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is even worse than the Shakira video :sick: I even regret pressing play the video :\

It is getting pretty ridiculous too :dozey: as if it were a trend not a charity thing!

sigh, do I even want to respond to you :( Honestly, if you ever have the honour of knowing a person that has ALS, then you wouldnt ever be saying this....If any celeb/nonceleb pours some cold icy water on their head, shows it to the world, and donates some money...then God Bless each and every one of them. Yeah, its the summer 2014 trend, but its also creating awareness and a shite load of money for one of the most horrific diseases a human can sadly have. Im not hating on ya, you might just be young, but go research ALS before you say things are getting silly, and I pray no one close to you ever has to deal with it. Peace to you matey x

sigh, do I even want to respond to you :( Honestly, if you ever have the honour of knowing a person that has ALS, then you wouldnt ever be saying this....If any celeb/nonceleb pours some cold icy water on their head, shows it to the world, and donates some money...then God Bless each and every one of them. Yeah, its the summer 2014 trend, but its also creating awareness and a shite load of money for one of the most horrific diseases a human can sadly have. Im not hating on ya, you might just be young, but go research ALS before you say things are getting silly, and I pray no one close to you ever has to deal with it. Peace to you matey x

Exactly, it's raised ~$40 million for ALS yet people still find a way to complain about it.

Exactly, it's raised ~$40 million for ALS yet people still find a way to complain about it.

Because some people get a bit funny when the challenge/activity involves 'ALS is a thing now donate pls' instead of something informative about what it actually is and the effects. Then again, I'm not sure how much people are bothering to look up what it is after seeing these challenge videos, which is a valid point.

Much respect to you my dear :nods:

Another point is soooo many celebs have done this thing and they've raised, what, 15 or 18m right now? That may seem a lot until you think about how much all of them earn

I think actually more like $40 mill, but I get your point. It was first brought to my attention from Steve-O of all people (from Jackass fame). The fact that so many rich/famous ppl have done it and we're only at $40 mill is puzzling. But I'll try and see it as glass 'half full'.

OneRepublic challenged Coldplay :

[video=youtube_share;MZElZz26IQM]

& actually this video is good because it really advertises the real cause & encourages people to donate. I never complained about the disease or the donations for it. I disliked that some celebrities took it like they are advertising only themselves & their friends.

I find the whole thing very silly and never expected Chris to actually do it. Why do people in the US feel the need to advertise their charity work?! Why not just write a check or try to raise awareness by giving a speech or put links on your website or twitter to actually INFORM the public on ALS; because this is no doubt a worthy cause. Better still get involved locally with anyone who's been affected. Also, all these people are worth billions of dollars yet have only managed to raise around 40 million.

Anyway, Sir Patrick Stewart was also challenged but look at how he basically makes everyone else look like idiots.

[video=youtube;wkO4NIqAMss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkO4NIqAMss

Ice Bucket challenged was so yesterday, here's the latest craze.. (don't try it at home though :P)

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154474611635363" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154474611635363">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/Ritchie.Armer">Ritchie Armer</a>.</div></div>

It's something fun, silly and a way for millions of people to get involved, at a very small cost per person. But when millions of people contribute just a little, it adds up to a lot. Who cares if celebrities do it? They're just regular people like everyone else! My daughter and all her friends have done it too. I look at is as the same thing as a charity dunk tank - We did one in Laguna Beach a few weeks ago - fundraiser for the local police. Pay $1, get 3 balls and try to dunk a cop. What is the difference?

And the reason most videos are so short? They're on instagram - 15 second limit.

It's something fun, silly and a way for millions of people to get involved, at a very small cost per person. But when millions of people contribute just a little, it adds up to a lot. Who cares if celebrities do it? They're just regular people like everyone else! My daughter and all her friends have done it too. I look at is as the same thing as a charity dunk tank - We did one in Laguna Beach a few weeks ago - fundraiser for the local police. Pay $1, get 3 balls and try to dunk a cop. What is the difference?

And the reason most videos are so short? They're on instagram - 15 second limit.

Well, they dont have to be. They can be on Youtube and as long as you'd like that way. However, that reminds me of a funny video I saw; an #ALSIceBucketChallenge fail.

This guy got his young daughters to dump a huge bucket of water from a higher balcony. They ended up dropping the heavy bucket full of water and ice on the dad and appeared to knock him out. But because there was a 15 second limit, you never really know if that dad got up! :laugh3: