✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin gets called upon for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

Greengoose

i hope he's not going to get some backlash because of this

IMHO he will a little, this is the huge hot thing right now and he was called out by Tim McGraw....he has a lot of followers, Chris really should do it...and honestly, we all know Chris is on social media a lot, we just dont know his private names he is using, so I'm thinking he deffo knows about it. I think with all the rumours with his and his wife's love lives, he wont do it though

Seems to me, fans who actually know Chris (and the band) know he's one of those stars that give away a lot of their earnings to charity. So clearly, it isn't a financial thing. Of course, there will be others who don't know this and might bash him for it. Obviously, I couldn't care less about their opinions. Basically, the only backlash is from those who are uninformed.

And again, regarding Chris on social media; perhaps im just not as convinced as you, but I wouldn't be surprised if he just honestly hasn't heard about this ALS thing yet. Also, I don't think the rumours and tabloids would effect his ability to dump a bucket of ice water on himself.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And again, regarding Chris on social media; perhaps im just not as convinced as you, but I wouldn't be surprised if he just honestly hasn't heard about this ALS thing yet. Also, I don't think the rumours and tabloids would effect his ability to dump a bucket of ice water on himself.

well it's not about his ability to dump a bucket of ice on himself, but the attention it would bring on himself during this time period i think.

well it's not about his ability to dump a bucket of ice on himself, but the attention it would bring on himself during this time period i think.

Oh, I that's what y'all meant. I guess I see it now then. Kind of a lose-lose situation in a way

I dont think people will watch the video and then think "this is why they had a divorce!!11!", i don't think that's the problem, i just think no one noticed that he got called or he doesnt want to do it or doesnt have enough time

it's not that either! it's about contributing himself to gossip sites and giving them another chance to rehash stories. i don't think he can't take 5 mins out of his day to make a video and i think the challenger would let him know since they are known to be friends.

Lol, silly 'hype' but of course good cause. It's become a big thing and it seems that all celebs are accepting the challenge. Chris has probably heard about his nominations, many times now from other (famous) people. Maybe he has a cold, or just some other reason. Or he really doesnt feel comfortable about doing it.

I cant see how it can have a bad effect on any rumours. How is that possible. This only does good for anyone's reputation. It will look bad if he seems to completely ignore this charity thing.

At least he/Coldplay should just donate a nice amount of money and share it through social media.

that Shakira video made me cringe :/ Am I the only one to think this is a stupid idea? I know it is for raising awareness, but there is something wrong with this idea :confused: too much publicity & videos, but how much money has been really raised?

that Shakira video made me cringe :/ Am I the only one to think this is a stupid idea? I know it is for raising awareness, but there is something wrong with this idea :confused: too much publicity & videos, but how much money has been really raised?

Well it does raise awareness I guess. Was wondering about the money too, but it seems this crazy thing is raising 'buckets' of dollars because of the challenge, in only a few days: http://time.com/3136458/viral-als-ice-bucket-challenge-funds-raised-15-million/ People do the challenge + donate if they can, and the famous donate of course big money.

I always sceptical when it comes to these things. Questions like how much money they were aiming at in the 1st place or Are we sure the money is going to benefit the real cause or be used in publicity & cocktail parties..or maybe goes into the pockets of the organizers.

I am probably just over pessimistic, but where exactly will the 15+ millions go?

So far to date, 2014 ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has raised $13 million US Dollars compared to last year them raising $1.8 million...and that $13 million was just in 3 wks time..so yeah, silly maybe, but smart as fuck to get celebs/noncelebs involved as ALS is a horrible horrible thing to have http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/business/ice-bucket-challenge-has-raised-millions-for-als-association.html?_r=0