✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories Art Exhibition Coming to London Dec 4-7 2014

Christa42

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice!, hope you had great time grids

Thanks Christa :) The gallery was small but there were so many people.. I think I was like the only fangirling Coldplay lol and others were wearing suits looking like professionals which I wasnt :P But it was fun to finally had an opportunity to approach her and took a selfie with her too! :D

I hope the band will be in London this December! Never met them before so would be worth trying to go again!

Weston Road (where they filmed the first part of Fix You) isn't too far away either! Might take a little tour ;) What days are you going?

Weston road where? Sorry I kinda missed out on that one :P

I'll probably try to go most days but depends on the band if they go on certain days too, which maybe still uncertain to think about it now. Maybe on the 4th or 7th? What about you?

Weston road where? Sorry I kinda missed out on that one :P

I'll probably try to go most days but depends on the band if they go on certain days too, which maybe still uncertain to think about it now. Maybe on the 4th or 7th? What about you?

6th and 7th most probably, but if the band are only there prior to that then I'll have to take time out of school :)

• 1 month later...

Hi. Are many of you guys going to these shows? I'm surprised nobody has suggested going on the day the boys will be there. Ohhhhh it's so tempting to go on the day the band are there even though it won't be open to public. Knowing my luck, I'd stand there all day waiting around and not catch a single glance of the band. I have training for my new job that week but I do have a couple of those art show days free so am seriously thinking of going to one of them (I just need to check which days I don't have training on). I'm going to try avoid going to the art show on the weekend 'cos I can imagine London being stupidly busy (not that it isn't usually lol) x

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay">@Coldplay</a>'s album art goes on sale. Here's what you need to know: <a href="http://t.co/TW3TIP7pM7">http://t.co/TW3TIP7pM7</a> <a href="http://t.co/fh2BnncOkF">pic.twitter.com/fh2BnncOkF</a></p>— British GQ (@BritishGQ) <a href="https://twitter.com/BritishGQ/status/535060253021589504">November 19, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here is the article from GQ

Coldplay-gq-19nov14_b.jpg

Ghost Stories: Coldplay's album art goes on sale

By Andrew Irwin 19 November 14

Two years ago Coldplay raised more than £610,000 for charity by selling off the album art from Mylo Xyloto. And now, they're at it again. From 4 December, Coldplay, together with the artist Mila Fürstová, will reveal the original artwork from this year's album, Ghost Stories, in a public exhibition.

The works capture the airy, dream-like soundscape of Coldplay's sixth studio album with themes of stars and flight recurring throughout. And now the detailed pieces, created using traditional etching techniques, are available to see first hand. The images are evocative, baroque and complex, and according to Chris Martin, they show "exactly what we were trying to say."

The pieces on show - and on sale - include the artwork from the Ghost Stories album as well as the etchings created for the singles, "Magic", "A Sky Full of Stars" and "True Love". In addition, there will be the unique chance to see sketches that Fürstová made while working on the project.

Once again, the proceeds are going to charity - specifically to Kids Company, an organisation that helps children across the UK. Both the artist and musicians have added their signatures to the original pieces and signed prints are also available. Spectacular artwork, a unique piece of music history and a chance to do some real good. Magic.

Album Artists is open from 4-7 December at 17 Osborn Street, Shoreditch, London E1. albumartists.co.uk

For Ghost Stories we have 3 available works:

The original etching (etching is an ancient type of print), in a

Limited Edition of 25, 100 x 100 cm, hand-printed and signed by Mila

and all 4 members of Coldplay - £5,000

A high quality digital print, Limited edition of 100, 60 x 60 cm,

Hand-signed by Mila Furstova, £400

An artprint, produced by Live Nation, 45 x 60 cm, Edition of 100, £25

For Magic we have:

The original pencil drawing which Coldplay approved and then Mila made

the artwork for the single from, Pencil on paper, 30 x 30 cm, £9,000

The original etching, in a Limited Edition of 25, 60 x 60 cm,

hand-printed and signed by Mila and all 4 members of Coldplay - £3,500

A high quality digital print, Limited edition of 100, 60 x 60 cm,

Hand-signed by Mila Furstova, £400

An artprint, produced by Live Nation, 45 x 60 cm, Edition of 100, £25.

Delivery costs are £12.50 in the UK, £20 for Europe and £30 for the

rest of the world. Delivery takes up to 30 days.

It's going to cost me just under £40 in train fare to go to this! Plus however much the underground will cost me. I have an Oyster card which makes things better. Still, not so sure about going now :S Is anyone coming to the UK from another country for this? x

Yes, I'm coming from Slovakia :)