✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Autonomous sensory meridian response

Prince Myshkin

Well that was the first time ever I watched a barbering video :)

Fascinating how you can get the feeling from watching (well, listening) to it. I'd need the sensation too, maybe I've only got this light.

Dr Dimitri I just want to punch. Sorry Sparky, no offense, just different preferences :) It seems non-verbal is mine.

The clay and water yes! too bad the potter had to speak. This is fascinating, how have I not heard of it before?!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't know this was a thing??

oh well, i think i was more sensitive to it when i was younger, i had it if i started scratching my pillow with my nails near where my head was laying, but the thing that had really a lot of power over me was the hair dryer, it was so powerful that i would fall asleep while drying my hair. When i was 5 or 6 my mom would dry my hair while i'd be laying on my parents king sized bed and even fall asleep because of it. It was the noise that caused it, it still does affect me but not as much as in my childhood, another thing is the noise of the engine that the road sweeper does.

I don't have it anymore or if i do its during the summer, same thing with lucid dreams as i am a natural, but it only works if its summer, and think that suffering from panic attacks and social anxiety made me lose the sensitivity i had when i was a child.

i didn't know this was a thing??

oh well, i think i was more sensitive to it when i was younger, i had it if i started scratching my pillow with my nails near where my head was laying, but the thing that had really a lot of power over me was the hair dryer, it was so powerful that i would fall asleep while drying my hair. When i was 5 or 6 my mom would dry my hair while i'd be laying on my parents king sized bed and even fall asleep because of it. It was the noise that caused it, it still does affect me but not as much as in my childhood, another thing is the noise of the engine that the road sweeper does.

I don't have it anymore or if i do its during the summer, same thing with lucid dreams as i am a natural, but it only works if its summer, and think that suffering from panic attacks and social anxiety made me lose the sensitivity i had when i was a child.

Wow, falling asleep to a hairdryer, one of the most annoying sounds to me in the world :surprised:

I'm fascinated by how many different sounds we all react differently to!

I noticed my heart beat calms down when I listen to very low frequency songs. Or songs that have a very consistent low bassline humming in the background. If I let that play over headphones my face goes like (─‿‿─)

Who else likes the sound of a train horn in the distance? That long stretched wailing sound gives me instant head tingles!

Many things are hard to tell, they are very pleasurable and relaxing to see/hear, you zone out but don't feel the tingle. Wood chopping, water, fire. Some music too, it's more than good, make you drift away.

In Norway they have slow-tv; they've showed a 130+ hours boat trip, 12 hours knitting a sweater, 7 hour train ride. Not exactly tingling, but very relaxing.

In Norway they have slow-tv; they've showed a 130+ hours boat trip, 12 hours knitting a sweater, 7 hour train ride. Not exactly tingling, but very relaxing.

OMGGG that was on the German news!! and everybody was scratching their heads about that HAHAHAH!! :lol: Nobody around here understands why people would wanna see this on tv, but I can imagine it's just nice having something slowly and calmly playing in the background :wacky:

This is very intriguing :surprised: This reminds me of when I first heard about lucid dreaming, that was on here too I think. (Thanks guys for introducing me to such interesting things :nice: ) Similarly to the lucid dreaming thing, it's not really something I've really thought about before. If I have experienced it then I obviously didn't know it was a thing so I just forgot about it. With lucid dreaming, once I knew it was a thing I started to notice it a bit more so maybe the same will happen with this. I'll investigate further and then report back my findings :awesome:

I HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS A THING WTF :awesome:

And I feel glad that a lot of others experience it too. To be honest I'm amazed.

I get it when I'm just lying in my bed, relaxing. Never got it with voices (I get so angry when I hear whispers) but I have got it with some songs.

Btw that beans video, Batman SDFKADJFLKASDFASDLKJFAS :wacky:

I HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS A THING WTF :awesome:

And I feel glad that a lot of others experience it too. To be honest I'm amazed.

I'm always surprised that my supposedly weird quirks are also shared by other people. How calming!

Never got it with voices (I get so angry when I hear whispers)
Same :saw:

Btw that beans video, Batman SDFKADJFLKASDFASDLKJFAS :wacky:

*joins the SDFKADJFLKASDFASDLKJFASing*

Perhaps the reason I get it (from being drawn) is down to bonding?

Ohio State University School of Music professor David Huron claimed ASMR and cold chill to be different, describing the ASMR effect as "clearly strongly related to the perception of non-threat and altruistic attention", and noting a strong similarity to physical grooming in primates. Nonhuman primates derive significant pleasure from being groomed, and Huron states that they groom each other not to get clean, but to bond.

Do tell :charming:

Well, one of many little weird things is that my brain likes to polarize stuff, like either it's black or it's white. I'm not really a middle of the road kind of person. Either I care, a lot. Or I don't care at all. Often it's even about the same thing. I used to obsess over scratches for example, like on my cell phone and stuff. Later in my life I didn't care at all and my phone got completely smashed up. That makes it hard to get to "know" me, because I'm never really the same. I don't even always know myself.

Sorry for OT, do keep talking about ASMR - it's quite interesting. :)

[smoke is rising from the houses]

Perhaps the reason I get it (from being drawn) is down to bonding?

Well I mean, I guess our weird sensations are all based on something very primal in us. I believe there has always been people like us that get weird head tingles, only you couldn't really talk with other people about it I guess.

I believe all of such strange things that we sometimes feel by the different input we get (either if we touch or hear or taste things) are based on experiences or actions that our ancestors lived through. May it be for some people to be at total ease when they stroke fur (maybe that comes from the time when we all had still fur ourselves and clinged to our mother's fur) or if we hear sounds that make our head tingle (wherever the frick that comes from LOL. Maybe when we were fishes or something).

I like thinking about such things, it makes me awe about how our cells/brain works. To me it seems that there's always that link that reminds us of where we come from, what our ancestors went through, and what of us might stick with the next generation :wacko:

Imagine people in a few thousand years get all kinds of weird things when they touch flat surfaces because our generation was glued to smartphones HAHAHA

Well, one of many little weird things is that my brain likes to polarize stuff, like either it's black or it's white. I'm not really a middle of the road kind of person. Either I care, a lot. Or I don't care at all. Often it's even about the same thing. I used to obsess over scratches for example, like on my cell phone and stuff. Later in my life I didn't care at all and my phone got completely smashed up. That makes it hard to get to "know" me, because I'm never really the same. I don't even always know myself.

Sorry for OT, do keep talking about ASMR - it's quite interesting. :)

[smoke is rising from the houses]

Ohh interesting! I can never decide really how to feel about things. Sometimes I really don't want to care about certain stuff but then my brain drives me crazy and I care a LOT :|

Haha, that must be what happens when my budgies preen each other. They do look ridiculously happy and relaxed :wacko:

I envy ur budgies *-*

:thinking: What do they sound like? I always find that Tibetan has resemblance with Chinese.

There's a video on YouTube made by the Dimitri guy using the bowls.

I don't know if this link works with a computer. I'm using an iPad right now.

All I can tell you is that it sounds like a long lasting chiming/vibrating sound. It's mystical.

There's a video on YouTube made by the Dimitri guy using the bowls.

I don't know if this link works with a computer. I'm using an iPad right now.

All I can tell you is that it sounds like a long lasting chiming/vibrating sound. It's mystical.

Also Rhys Thomas Institute does a lot of work with musical bowls. You can find a whole range and they are all very beautiful and relaxing.

Certainly a very unique, ancient and mystical instrument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scarlett in Dimitri's videos is starting to annoy me. She looks at the camera too much which I find distracting and all the YT comments are asking for a new model haha.

For the Rhys Thomas singing bowls, have you got a good link? [video=youtube;UxHmNKsv5ng]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxHmNKsv5ng but the guy singing kind of defeats the purpose :P

Scarlett in Dimitri's videos is starting to annoy me. She looks at the camera too much which I find distracting and all the YT comments are asking for a new model haha.

For the Rhys Thomas singing bowls, have you got a good link? [video=youtube;UxHmNKsv5ng]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxHmNKsv5ng but the guy singing kind of defeats the purpose :P

That is the Rhys Thomas Institute the link you have just posted there. Yes?

I haven't got any others but I can have a look & see what I find....[emoji165]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk