✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What's that amazing Jonny Buckland Sound?

Going back to the volume pedals, actually only one of them is a volume pedal the rest are all expression pedals. Yes, they are Ernie Ball's Volume Pedals but they are being used as expression pedals using a TRS split cable, to control the feedback of the Echo Pro and Eventide. You can see and hear this effect more clearly when he plays Lost and lets the notes ring out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjxuccDgfSA.

You can see he uses it during the entire song, when he wants the reverb/delay to ring out longer (and give that amazing ambient sound) and to stop it when he wants to, so it doesnt ring out forever and overlap notes.

Amazing.

Going back to the volume pedals, actually only one of them is a volume pedal the rest are all expression pedals. Yes, they are Ernie Ball's Volume Pedals but they are being used as expression pedals using a TRS split cable, to control the feedback of the Echo Pro and Eventide. You can see and hear this effect more clearly when he plays Lost and lets the notes ring out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjxuccDgfSA.

You can see he uses it during the entire song, when he wants the reverb/delay to ring out longer (and give that amazing ambient sound) and to stop it when he wants to, so it doesnt ring out forever and overlap notes.

Yes, this is correct!

Jonny also does this during the opening chords of Lovers in Japan.

A Big Sky could probably emulate this sound on the bloom setting. The bloom would emulate the amount of time it takes for the expression pedal to gradually increase the reverb amount.

• Like 1

Yes, this is correct!

Jonny also does this during the opening chords of Lovers in Japan.

A Big Sky could probably emulate this sound on the bloom setting. The bloom would emulate the amount of time it takes for the expression pedal to gradually increase the reverb amount.

Just listened to the bloom setting on the Big Sky, that sounds amazing. Wish I had one... maybe one of this days.

• 1 month later...
Got a Turbo Rat pedal and it gets close to the tone he gets in Square One and the X&Y era

Also, am certain that Fun uses the "Cloud" mode on the Strymon Big Sky

Yea, Jonny used a normal RAT pedal in the early days so it's expected that it gets his tone if not gets close to it.

I actually (in my opinion) get extremely close to his tone. I'm not sure if it's exact, I don't want to say since I'd rather it be judge by others. But it's that soft overdrive he uses on Viva La Vida, ETIAW, Cemeteries of London, Speed of Sound, etc.

I just need to get a Big Sky and an expression pedal and I'll be set (I think).

I'll post some riffs soon and see what I get.

I should listen to Fun, I love Jonny's huge ambient tones.

• Like 1

Yea, Jonny used a normal RAT pedal in the early days so it's expected that it gets his tone if not gets close to it.

I actually (in my opinion) get extremely close to his tone. I'm not sure if it's exact, I don't want to say since I'd rather it be judge by others. But it's that soft overdrive he uses on Viva La Vida, ETIAW, Cemeteries of London, Speed of Sound, etc.

I just need to get a Big Sky and an expression pedal and I'll be set (I think).

I'll post some riffs soon and see what I get.

I should listen to Fun, I love Jonny's huge ambient tones.

I really like to hear that!

• 5 months later...
(Tried to post earlier but I think the website was down)

Jonny's pedalboard seems to have changed an awful lot recently. He only has the Boss DD5 and Line6 DL4 on his pedalboard and it seems like the rest is controlled by the MIDI pedals.

I hope somebody has some Jonny GS/AHFOD tour setlists to share but I took a screenshot of this one from the Nova's Red Room Yellow performance intro:

[MEDIA=imgur]a/ujRQY[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://imgur.com/a/ujRQY

Here is Jonny's current pedalboard for the AHFOD tour (2016):

46.jpg

The image is broken, can you post it again? And the image of the rack unit too, please