✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Strokes

mburn

Er....

I don't know it was just like I put it down and it was just the CD on an angle and I dunno, I just kinda..... I DON'T KNOW LMFAO. But i picked up my laptop and just went "oh shit."

It was kind of weird though cuz my annoying friend was telling me to give it to her (she PRETENDS she knows the strokes, but she doesn't know one song by them) and I wasn't planning on doing it. And now she will never get it :smug: lmfao huh.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Er....

I don't know it was just like I put it down and it was just the CD on an angle and I dunno, I just kinda..... I DON'T KNOW LMFAO. But i picked up my laptop and just went "oh shit."

It was kind of weird though cuz my annoying friend was telling me to give it to her (she PRETENDS she knows the strokes, but she doesn't know one song by them) and I wasn't planning on doing it. And now she will never get it :smug: lmfao huh.

:laugh3: very nice

Looks like he's about to say, "I WANT YOU TO EAT THIS TURKEY AND ENJOY IT!!" haha

Albert Hammond Jr - 101 (Rough Trade)

Taken from his solo album Yours To Keep, Strokes guitarist Albert Hammond Jr prepares his own assault on the charts while making a determined effort to assure everyone he's not about to leave the band that has defined the sound of the noughties.

Unsurprisingly guitar-led with an irritatingly catchy riff, 101 is less spiky than the Strokes, as though Hammond has smoothed out the rough edges to head off in a more MOR direction with his sights on the Coldplay market. It sounds good for it though and his voice is easily strong enough to carry a career of his own, smooth and assured with the air of a man who not only has nothing to prove but who also knows that if the fickle music public do decide to be indifferent he can always head home to one of the best bands of the decade instead. Mind you, if the number of times you can watch him recording 101 on YouTube is anything to go by, public indifference doesn't enter into the equation.

On the basis of this, it's unlikely he'll need to fall back on Julian and the lads for a paycheck. Whether this turns out to be good news or bad news for the future of The Strokes remains to be seen.

http://www.musicomh.com/singles6/albert-hammond-jr_1106.htm

I honestly dont know what to say regarding this. I love Albert's solo work and as the article stated, he wouldnt have a problem, in my opinion, making it on his own as an artist. After all, is in his blood.

His music is pretty and polished, different from what we've heard from The Strokes. So yeah, I wouldnt mind keep on listening to him :nice:

However, it would be a terrible loss if he left The Strokes:bigcry:. It just wouldnt be the same without him. I just hope he realizes his impact on the band, and perhaps decides to lead 2 careers? :uhoh:

That isnt too selfish is it?:\

Not at all. I'd be so fucking upset if they broke up... I don't even want to think about it.

I really don't think he's going to leave them, I trust and believe him when he says that. He stayed on the tour and everything even when the album was coming out, after all, and he seemed to have a great time whenever I saw him.

I mean, Fab cant manage being the only curly one!

Of course not! :laugh3:

The Strokes are The Strokes.

You can't imagine there being one less or one more person, because they're irreplaceable and just perfect together. They are truly an epitome of an amazing band who play together, making some of the best music, and know how to have fun as friends. Seeing Albert's solo career as a threat to the band would be a shame for us, not to mention themselves.

It's hard not to worry when something fearful may happen to one of the bands you love most in the world. You care so much about them, and I just wouldn't be able to imagine them any other way.

:heart: