✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why Coldplay?

appleguyjoe

I love classical music too. The feelings I can get through listening to (the very best of) classical music surpass the feelings I can get by listening to the very best Coldplay songs.

Yeah classical is just so... Epic? I mean and sometimes it is so mellow. It's amazing what you can convey with no voices at all.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fell in love with Coldplay because of Youtube. ;)

I watched some videos of other bands and than at the side, I saw "Viva La Vida - Coldplay". I just looked up what that is and suddenly I loved this song, this voice, this joy. So I listend to other song of Coldplay, at first only to the most famous ones. After a month of youtube-Coldplay-Music I went to a store and bought the Live 2012 album. Now it was the only music I wanted to listen to. Because I told my mum about this amazing band, she gave my the first four albums as a present to Christmas. And than it was done. Coldplay became my favorite band. <3

And it's funny that I always (even now) discover new songs - also songs I heard so often before. From one moment to the next I love them more than anything else. Coldplay is always there for me. In times of joy, when I sing as loud a I can and jump up and down to their music; but also in times of trouble, times of fears, times of sadness, when I'm lying in my bed and listen as carefully as possible to the lyrics and the instruments.

The funny thing is I was so unaware of how hardcore my parents were/are (even though now that I think about it I don't know how I hadn't realized it earlier considering half my childhood was built on Coldplay) until I was filtering through my parents cd drawer a good time after I started listening to Coldplay religiously, and dug up Parachutes which according to my parents, was bought right when it came out in 2000.

Also, whenever I listen to Viva I have memories of my families 2008 trip to Atlantic Canada etched in my mind. Literally it's actually scary how vivid the memories get when I listen to it... And I was 7 at the time (I know I'm youngish don't laugh...)

Conceived during Parachutes? :D (hope you're not offended :P)

Yeah I suppose I was in a time sense:) and it's not offensive I know I'm young compared to the rest of the Coldplayers here, but what can ya do haha. Age is just a number

Anyone at any age anywhere can know what good music sounds like :P I'm not much older than you (born in 1997, I'm 18). Coldplay appeals to any age :)

Anyone at any age anywhere can know what good music sounds like :P I'm not much older than you (born in 1997, I'm 18). Coldplay appeals to any age :)

True! :) the majority of the people I know really dislike mainstream pop anyways, well, everyone except my 11 year old sister haha

Yeah I suppose I was in a time sense:) and it's not offensive I know I'm young compared to the rest of the Coldplayers here, but what can ya do haha. Age is just a number

I literally meant it (just calculating 7 years old in 2008 means born in 2001, means conceived in 2000, possibly when Parachutes was released) :P

Haha... you'll always be the age of Coldplay's oldest album (less about one year) - how cool! :D

Age is really just a number - you have good taste! ;) And on that note, I dunno that many Coldplayers are much older than you are...

Me on the other hand... Sad to say, I'm more than double your age :shocked2:

I literally meant it (just calculating 7 years old in 2008 means born in 2001, means conceived in 2000, possibly when Parachutes was released) :P

Haha... you'll always be the age of Coldplay's oldest album (less about one year) - how cool! :D

Age is really just a number - you have good taste! ;) And on that note, I dunno that many Coldplayers are much older than you are...

Me on the other hand... Sad to say, I'm more than double your age :shocked2:

Great math on your part hahaha. And I suppose I've never thought of that really!

I'll have a bet that I'm one of the youngest on this site, well the youngest active account anyways...

Well, I'm born in 1999, means I'm just 16 years old ;)

Okay, i have to mention that I'm only since two days at coldplaying...

Welcome then!! I hope you stay for a while :) (not that I'm super consistent when it comes to going on Coldplaying) Still holding record for youngest active user though should I be happy??

I'll have a bet that I'm one of the youngest on this site, well the youngest active account anyways...

I was born in 2001 so I'm 14. Although I'm more of a recent fan, just discovered Coldplay several months ago. I dabble in songs from all albums, so I know what their old and new stuff sound like. I always try digging into as much stuff as I can when I join a fandom late.

I was born in 2001 so I'm 14. Although I'm more of a recent fan, just discovered Coldplay several months ago. I dabble in songs from all albums, so I know what their old and new stuff sound like. I always try digging into as much stuff as I can when I join a fandom late.

Ahahaha when's your birthday you might take prize for youngest on the forum? And hey welcome!

I'm glad I didn't have to do all that fandom digging it's a pain :)

What does fandom digging mean ?

Like going into the deep dark depths of tumblr, learn every reference, the opinions, the songs that matter and the songs that don't. Watching like every single interview. The preparation it takes to be a proper member of a well established group is insane haha. I feel like I got a head start though because my opinions were pretty set in stone from my childhood and I had listened to most of Coldplay before I was actually aware of what forums were.

Like going into the deep dark depths of tumblr, learn every reference, the opinions, the songs that matter and the songs that don't. Watching like every single interview.

LOL, I did that (well not every single thing of course) before I joined Coldplaying. And not for the purpose of "preparing" myself for anything, but just because I was interested :D

LOL, I did that (well not every single thing of course) before I joined Coldplaying. And not for the purpose of "preparing" myself for anything, but just because I was interested :D

Well no I don't think anybody does it consciously but it happens and when it does the process is pretty tedious... It sucks up a whole lot of your life.

Well no I don't think anybody does it consciously but it happens and when it does the process is pretty tedious... It sucks up a whole lot of your life.

There is a fine line between superfandom and obsession, but there is that line. I'm sure we're all doing fine :)

To be honest if you really like an artist (even before it's an 'obsession') you still go through the process... It's just THE process!

I know what you're talking about. What caught my attention about the band was their music. Later, I started listening to some interviews just to try to improve my level of English but I discovered so many interesting facts about the band that I started to look for interviews to learn more about them!

• 3 weeks later...

Why Coldplay?

After listening to the songs played on the radio, TV or at school I felt tired of them and decided to find my own music. I found a band full of color wearing elephant outfits that had a catchy sound. I kept watching their videos and found a graffiti one where the line "I'd rather be a comma than a full stop" resonanted on me instantly. I started to follow them just three days after I "discovered" them, something that hadn't happened to me because around me there were music that either was hopeless or meaningless and I didn't want that in my life.

I kept listening to their songs. As English isn't my mother tongue the first thing that caught my attention was the melody. In that time I thought pop was the genre I liked but Politik and God Put A Smile Upon Your Face had a powerful sound and I couldn't help but start enjoying their rock sound. Even I felt the desire to go to one of their concerts when I wasn't a massive fan.

But what made me say I was a Coldplayer was the way they see life. I prefer to see the positive side of everything. Sometimes I see the dark side of things but I don't pay attention to them because it's a waste of time to get angry at things or moments that doesn't deserve my time. I prefer to learn from my mistakes. That's what have helped me succeed in what I've achieved. I won't give up because I'm not lost. There are many different ways to get what I want. I prefer to forgive. It doesn't mean I forget. I just want inner peace to see how wonderful life is. Coldplay was the proof that what I believe is true that I wasn't the only one who prefers love over hate. They are also the ones who remind me everything isn't lost whenever I feel low. They are the ones who make me dance, jump, cry and laugh at the same time.

Through their music, interviews and performances I see a group of friends who shows the most important thing in life is happiness and love. Of course we'll face difficult times but the way we look at them will make the difference. I don't care if they write the simplest lyrics because even in those lyrics there's a powerful message and I will always love and follow them for that.

• Like 4

Aw no! You almost took it... I'm born on the 26th of September!

And yeah it's fun and kinda sucks up you social life at the same time.

I've just seen this. We almost share the same birth date. I celebrate my birthday every September 28th!

I realized why Coldplay is perfect for the Superbowl. Unlike other shows where stars are basically showing off their bodies or where theres the risk of like a nipslip or something, Coldplay makes music for everyone. This year the show wont be for only people who like hip hop or r&b, everyone will be able to enjoy it. I expect more people to actually watch it then usual.