✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why Coldplay?

appleguyjoe

I think True Love and Army Of One invalidates this statement :laugh3:

But Jesus you can find songs like those in any artists album haha (Adele, Im looking at you....).

I think its a case of something gone viral back then which is still stuck in people´s perception of Coldplay (or the media still perpetrating it anyway). Tagging someone with a certain label takes so little time, removing that tag can be next to impossible...:/

• Like 1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet Coldplay is still the boring melancholy band in everyone's eyes from social media to the news? They haven't done anything "melancholy" or "boring" in years.

Ok, you can't say EVERYONE.

But yes, there are people out there who enjoy sipping on their Haterade while they post their negative comments. Maybe it makes them feel better about themselves or smarter for having an opposing opinion. Perhaps they're Hip hop-reggae-bluegrass enthusiasts who just don't feel that connection to Coldplay's sound.

In the end, while it is important to be individual free thinkers, I am pretty sure there are more lovers of Coldplay than haters.

Most Americans are lovers.... We're just too lazy to write about it.

Ok, you can't say EVERYONE.

But yes, there are people out there who enjoy sipping on their Haterade while they post their negative comments. Maybe it makes them feel better about themselves or smarter for having an opposing opinion. Perhaps they're Hip hop-reggae-bluegrass enthusiasts who just don't feel that connection to Coldplay's sound.

In the end, while it is important to be individual free thinkers, I am pretty sure there are more lovers of Coldplay than haters.

Most Americans are lovers.... We're just too lazy to write about it.

I just don't wanna see anything bad happen before, during, or after the superbowl. It should be something everyone can enjoy but I fully predict complaining across social media by the sports nuts (I love football more than most of the "sports nuts" but you know who I mean) and the people who wanted Spears, Drake, etc. I just feel like they're gonna get dumped on by everyone.

and the people who wanted Spears, Drake, etc. I just feel like they're gonna get dumped on by everyone

Who cares about those people ? I personally don't. The more Coldplay-bashing I see, the clearer I perceive what the music business and its influence on people's preferences has come to. Who cares !

• Like 1

I just don't wanna see anything bad happen before, during, or after the superbowl. It should be something everyone can enjoy but I fully predict complaining across social media by the sports nuts (I love football more than most of the "sports nuts" but you know who I mean) and the people who wanted Spears, Drake, etc. I just feel like they're gonna get dumped on by everyone.

Can't please all the people all the time.

Who cares about those people ? I personally don't. The more Coldplay-bashing I see, the clearer I perceive what the music business and its influence on people's preferences has come to. Who cares !

Because you can't deny that the Super Bowl is as much for them as for anyone else. I just think this might net negative publicity, not positive.

I'm happy that they made it, and I can watch them, and I get to see all my friends watch them. I just don't know if it will be good for them or not. We'll see.

Because you can't deny that the Super Bowl is as much for them as for anyone else. I just think this might net negative publicity, not positive.

I'm happy that they made it, and I can watch them, and I get to see all my friends watch them. I just don't know if it will be good for them or not. We'll see.

This band is so big and successful that either outcome will not really have an effect on them - neither professional nor privately (if it's true that they have accepted that there will always be haters and don't care what people think about them as much as earlier)

• 2 months later...

Why Coldplay? Well... I was 15 when I first heard them and immediately it was like finding what I`ve been looking for. Coldplay fell into my heart like a missing piece or puzzle that I`ve been looking for to make me complete. I live with them for 14 years, it`s hard to explain that like it`s hard to explain falling in love with someone. What I feel for them is as deep as being connected to someone you love.

Coldplay is so different to anyone because of their pureness and innocence, no matter of their success and cruelty of music as job and industry.

Their work and acts are so obvious and down to earth that I`ve learned so much from them.

They are humans first of all, so deeply humans that their love and togetherness overwhelm and protect me through their music.

They heal me and lift me to the sky, fill me with hope and happiness.

Their music sounds like being sent from above to earth to heal and empower people.

Going through us and refreshing us as a wind, their music echoes back to the heaven where it belongs.

• Like 6

Hmmph... Where do I start. Coldplay is a strange force in nature.

Very strange. Like gravity. It is one of the weakest forces in the universe, or seems that way when you go against it and jump up and down or fly an airplane or rocket. Yet it holds the most massive things in the universe with unthinkable strength. Coldplay may seem like simple minded wimps initially, or the nice guys until you see the groups of people they have brought together. The fans they have congregated. The hidden depths of the music they make.

Then you say, damn... They are strong.

They are the flower that bursts through the concrete, and I am happy to have found that flower.

• Like 4