✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplaying.com Design

Sparky

Alright, here is my criticism since I'm only 20% ok with the current design :awesome:

I made it into a picture, was easier that way.

I based my criticism on how much information people actually take in when they first see a new website and how their eyes wander. Maybe that'll help understand my points.

JEMelMA.jpg

Agreed with Batman, it seems quite busy with redundant parts.

Also would like to add that the wiki and main page look too similar. Personally, I'd have the wiki look more like...a wiki. I don't think the old wiki needed a massive overhaul, but instead a new coat of paint.

Thanks, very detailed feedback :)

I'll have a look at adjusting the top menu. Maybe the social icons too because of the sidebar.

Maybe I could replace the 'blast from the past' with 'on this day'. I was thinking of adding it so there's both. I'd imagine some fans would find that interesting but i'll track that soon and see how many are actually clicking there.

The 'A Head Full Of Dreams' section was glitched as the new Coldplaying.com post wasn't under that category. That's fixed now but could happen still if the latest article is AHFOD related. There is a dropdown box where the category could be changed but i'll have to see what other people think then re position or remove it if need be.

I'm looking at making tweaks to the footer too when there's time.

Don't think it would be feasible. The old wiki is still there to use, via the menu btw.

Forgot to add. The reason for the size of the main banner is the nature of the more compact theme. It can be changed but the image grid is bumped further down and doesn't look great. The ads are also optimized (Ad block - tut tut!), as they're obviously very important for keeping this site running. Also, we should get a newer Coldplay music video soon hopefully ;)

• Administrators
Alright, here is my criticism since I'm only 20% ok with the current design :awesome:

I made it into a picture, was easier that way.

I based my criticism on how much information people actually take in when they first see a new website and how their eyes wander. Maybe that'll help understand my points.

JEMelMA.jpg

Thanks for the feedback!

The site was originally much better than this but because we had problems with the hosting, we had to start fresh in the space of 10 mins instead of weeks. There is problems that I've noticed myself like the social buttons not working or problems with the logo but that'll all be fixed soon. The old site had some problems with the backend and needed a bit of a refresh, so we got this theme. I admit it is a bit bland and is in need of a background or more content on the sides but we are still only in early stages. I'm sure me and Marc will fix these in our spare time!

• Administrators
Could the wiki be merged with the main site somehow? I think it would make more sense if the two were just merged into one and have one source for Coldplay news/information. Although I don't know anything about the tech side of things so I wouldn't know it that was feasible or not!

I think the wiki should be a completely separate asset to the main site. The old wiki is still available but most of the content will be made available on the new site in coming months. The old wiki had some major problems and mediawiki doesn't support themes very well so it needed to be changed! Most of the articles being posted on the wiki we're only a test for the main site. Most of the articles being posted on the wiki like the 'Top 5's' etc. will be posted on the main site in the future! Thank you so much for the feedback

I agree with all the remarks above.

That banner deserves a much bigger size. :)

Concerning the social icons, I'm missing the icon for Instagram.

It is in the second part of the page but not on top/bottom.

But more important, when I click on the icons nothing is happening.

Either on the desktop version (running Internet Explorer, Firefox) and on the mobile version.

I first thought I could be the pop-up blocker preventing it but it works on other websites so...

Another suggestion that I have:

When selecting "Wiki" on the menu next to the date, the Wikicoldplaying site is loaded on the same page.

I would prefer it to load on a new page or tab.

The same remark for "Our app for iphone/ipad" and "Our app for android".

Some tweaks have been made, take a look :)

Where's that banner Mackplay made? Can't see it for some reason.

The random Coldplay history is still there as the styling for 'on this day' is incompatible with the sidebars on this new site, but there's a new menu option for it instead.