✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pet Peeve / Top Hate about a Coldplay Song /Album / The Band Itself, And Why?

gentleparachute

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran away, your 2 quote's are in red.

gentleparachute, your quote's in blue.

I ran away & gentleparachute, you have 1 quote that I responded to both at the same time. They are in gold.

What I can say is that every time I hear Coldplay songs through different speakers' date=' I discover new layers/background melodies :D[/quote']

Same here... that's certainly a very interesting thing with Coldplay. That's another reason why their music doesn't get so old so quickly... different speakers sound different and you can discover different melodies/layers with them.

They all suffer from that clean-cut pop sound' date=' which tbh I don't appreciate that much. Nothing raw in their, all carefully dosed superclean lines. Hm.[/quote']

Yeah, the sound is quite clean, in my opinion if it had more of an Oldplayish-sound to them it'd be even better. But I still very much enjoy Coldplay's newest tracks - beautiful IMO.

^ Totally agree! I really enjoy discovering new aspects to their music that way... I'd thoroughly enjoy it if they sometimes recommended what equipment/ earphones etc the band themselves would recommend be used / their production is geared for... :)

I agree... that'd actually be really interesting if they did that. That way, if we wanted (and if we could afford it) we could get the headsets that work best with the productions of their songs, and we could get the most out of each song. :)

I reckon they're just getting better at playing their instruments. I don't know whether you play any instruments but what many musicians do when they master their notes / line is to start polishing up the sound to achieve 'cleanness'... I don't think it has anything to do with production - some of that cleanness in their lines is just because they've improved and now can fully control the sound being produced by their instruments' date=' thus achieving a purer sound with less fuzz. Chris still tries to squeeze out some rawness / vulnerability in his voice most of the time... As for the guitars, they are generally less 'raw' but are still very groovy and pack a lot of punch in their sound - the lines sound more muscular and confident than they used to be :)[/quote']

Hm' date=' that's an interesting explanation. I had the feeling it is more the production,but I am no expert on that ;)[/quote']

Them getting better at their instruments could be it too... but I think it might have to do at least some with production one way or another. Then again, I'm no expert on that either. ;) Your theory does make sense though @gentleparachute...

^ I didn't mean an endorsement of any sort... Rather just what equipment / earphones they used to produce an album with, so that we can hear what they hear / intend the end product to sound like. It probably would differ from album-to-album.

I can appreciate it when I look at how it has a sort of sad irony to it. It isn't used as effectively as Don't Panic tho

Thats a good way to look at the song, thanks... With a degree of sad irony / cynicism - I can appreciate it in that context. As for Don't Panic, it is just low beat, groovy and an instant classic - no further interpretation required...

@ I ran away and cp3176 - Just a little extra about our conversation concerning their clean sound and production earlier... I found [video=youtube;MbFmeWFcOCE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbFmeWFcOCE when revisiting their Fearne Cotton GS interview.. Guy talks a bit about how they were consciously trying to 'make one sound really really good...' rather than layering their music for GS at around the 2:15 mark and although he's talking about production there I think it is also relevant to the way they try to play their music nowadays too (at least the trend with their last few albums)... On that note I guess they can't combine clean instrument playing with messy production - it would probably just sound like really bad production therefore they've gone for the clean sound :D

@ I ran away and cp3176 - Just a little extra about our conversation concerning their clean sound and production earlier... I found [video=youtube;MbFmeWFcOCE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbFmeWFcOCE when revisiting their Fearne Cotton GS interview.. Guy talks a bit about how they were consciously trying to 'make one sound really really good...' rather than layering their music for GS at around the 2:15 mark and although he's talking about production there I think it is also relevant to the way they try to play their music nowadays too (at least the trend with their last few albums)... On that note I guess they can't combine clean instrument playing with messy production - it would probably just sound like really bad production therefore they've gone for the clean sound :D

That was actually quite insightful at the inner workings of the band and some of it's history! :D I'd never thought I'd watch the whole thing... but it was just so interesting... I loved it :D Thanks for sharing:D