✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Jokes / Puns / Memes!

anthamic

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaaaaaa!!!!!

635908169738482486-967352893_160207210111-09-super-bowl-halftime-2016-exlarge-169.jpg

Image Credit: cnn.net

Why It Does Not Matter If Chris Martin Is Gay

His Halftime show had a lot more to say than that.

Anna Masica in Ideas on Feb 17, 2016

After the Super Bowl Halftime show, Chris Martin has received many mixed reviews. I have come across many articles praising him and berating him all the same. He has been referred to as the left shark from

last year.

Chris Martin was the Left Shark of this year's halftime showpic.twitter.com/MWV9B0VkcK

— Spencer Althouse (@SpencerAlthouse) February 8, 2016

He has also been praised for the awesome show he did put on like in this BuzzFeed article.

The most recent article I came across, though, and the craziest thing I have heard people care about, though, is if Chris Martin's bright, shiny clothes (juxtaposed to Beyonce and Bruno Mar's all black chic look) was a way of Martin to come out. People have the nerve to believe the entire Halftime show of the 50th Super Bowl was just a way for Chris Martin to let everyone know he is gay.

635908110221124583-1527762268_Article%20Lead%20-%20wide1005584504gmo8yfimage.related.articleLeadwide.729x410.gmp5yw.png1455023773934.jpg-620x349.jpg

Gwenyth Paltrow for 12 years. She is beautiful and there is nothing to be doubted there.

635908112661809896330390941_gwyneth-paltrow-chrismartin-1.jpg

Secondly, just because the stadium burst into an array of large colors and a sign that says "Believe in Love" does not mean this is a way for Chris Martin to come out. Given all the recent shootings, bombings, harassment issues, racial issues, LGBTQ issues, and so many more problems that have happened recently this is about so much more than one man being or not being gay. This was a message for love, strength, and togetherness. This was a statement made to shock, surprise, and provoke thought, not to start more bias or more rumors.

635908125152917383-1838136378_Coldplay_1-large_trans++-2UVHzAXyufUWV-3mHUwOSebQrgv9jvqira40cACps0.jpg

Chris Martin has always been known to wear bright colors and lots of patches and has large psychedelic backgrounds floating behind him (seen above). Frankly, I would have been more confused if Martin would have been wearing the same outfits as the special guests and dancing the same as them too.

These three singers were very different, yet very similar in their fights to work towards peace. They made a wonderful show filled with history, fight, and advocacy. While LGBTQ rights were obviously a part of what this show was fighting for, they were not the main points trying to be made. The fact of the matter is, it does not matter whether or not Chris Martin is gay. If you enjoy his music, you enjoy it, if you do not, then you do not. Talking about the rumors of with or not he is gay is counterproductive. Talking about the issues in a negative way seems to be the opposite of what they were trying to reach with the show.

The fact of the matter is: the Halftime show had a lot to say and was one of the best shows in a long time, and whether or not Chris Martin is gay has nothing to do with that.

So why does it matter?

Just listen to the music and enjoy the show.

link

• Like 2

Chris Martin has always been known to wear bright colors and lots of patches and has large psychedelic backgrounds floating behind him (seen above). Frankly, I would have been more confused if Martin would have been wearing the same outfits as the special guests and dancing the same as them too...

:D

• Like 1

hahaaaaaa!!!!!

635908169738482486-967352893_160207210111-09-super-bowl-halftime-2016-exlarge-169.jpg

After the Super Bowl Halftime show, Chris Martin has received many mixed reviews. I have come across many articles praising him and berating him all the same. He has been referred to as the left shark from

last year.

Chris Martin was the Left Shark of this year's halftime showpic.twitter.com/MWV9B0VkcK

He has also been praised for the awesome show he did put on like in this BuzzFeed article.

The most recent article I came across, though, and the craziest thing I have heard people care about, though, is if Chris Martin's bright, shiny clothes (juxtaposed to Beyonce and Bruno Mar's all black chic look) was a way of Martin to come out. People have the nerve to believe the entire Halftime show of the 50th Super Bowl was just a way for Chris Martin to let everyone know he is gay.

635908110221124583-1527762268_Article%20Lead%20-%20wide1005584504gmo8yfimage.related.articleLeadwide.729x410.gmp5yw.png1455023773934.jpg-620x349.jpg

Gwenyth Paltrow for 12 years. She is beautiful and there is nothing to be doubted there.

Secondly, just because the stadium burst into an array of large colors and a sign that says "Believe in Love" does not mean this is a way for Chris Martin to come out. Given all the recent shootings, bombings, harassment issues, racial issues, LGBTQ issues, and so many more problems that have happened recently this is about so much more than one man being or not being gay. This was a message for love, strength, and togetherness. This was a statement made to shock, surprise, and provoke thought, not to start more bias or more rumors.

635908125152917383-1838136378_Coldplay_1-large_trans++-2UVHzAXyufUWV-3mHUwOSebQrgv9jvqira40cACps0.jpg

Chris Martin has always been known to wear bright colors and lots of patches and has large psychedelic backgrounds floating behind him (seen above). Frankly, I would have been more confused if Martin would have been wearing the same outfits as the special guests and dancing the same as them too.

These three singers were very different, yet very similar in their fights to work towards peace. They made a wonderful show filled with history, fight, and advocacy. While LGBTQ rights were obviously a part of what this show was fighting for, they were not the main points trying to be made. The fact of the matter is, it does not matter whether or not Chris Martin is gay. If you enjoy his music, you enjoy it, if you do not, then you do not. Talking about the rumors of with or not he is gay is counterproductive. Talking about the issues in a negative way seems to be the opposite of what they were trying to reach with the show.

The fact of the matter is: the Halftime show had a lot to say and was one of the best shows in a long time, and whether or not Chris Martin is gay has nothing to do with that.

So why does it matter?

link

I'm too lazy to read this and the headline already pisses me off lmao

• Like 1

hahaaaaaa!!!!!

last year.

So why does it matter?

link

The article makes some very good points. Hadn't heard about this rumor until now, though I can see how those who are unfamiliar with Coldplay's aesthetic might assume that brilliant rainbow of colors had some connection to the LGBTQIA+ community.

• Like 1

I love this story and I love your mind. These bits made me cackle like an old witch:

Jonny: I think you're a cockatoo. A very talkative bird.

Jonny's tactful way of telling Chris that sometimes he needs to SHUT HIS MOUTH lol

Will: Did your spell do this? I thought your Vivamancy ability was stable!!!

EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS IS HILARIOUS TO ME. I HEART VIVAMANCY

Will: *growls*

Guy: *neighs*

Chris: *Screeches*

Jonny: *mews*

Guy Will and Chris: AWWWW

Jonny: Shut the fuck up *hisses*

Don't ever disrespect Cat Jonny or you'll get THE CLAW

Jonny: You know Guy... Usually you remain quiet and you don't say much can we please get back to that.

Jonny throwing shade at EVERYBODY lmao
  • Like 3

I love this story and I love your mind. These bits made me cackle like an old witch:

Jonny's tactful way of telling Chris that sometimes he needs to SHUT HIS MOUTH lol

EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS IS HILARIOUS TO ME. I HEART VIVAMANCY

Don't ever disrespect Cat Jonny or you'll get THE CLAW

Jonny throwing shade at EVERYBODY lmao

[ATTACH=full]4049[/ATTACH]

• Like 2

I wish this was real :lol:

Now that I think about it, yeah totally. But yesterday when I saw it on tumblr I think people were actually believing this shit. I was slightly irritated, "what is the world coming too?"

Now I want Chris to throw hummus in my face

• Like 1