✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guess the song being played!

anthamic

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Will with a drum machine is like 90% of songs on GS *LOL* Ok, I´ll go for.....Ink

Well actually all of them lol which is sad... it was a sudden change from 8/10 time real drums in MX and VLV... now he's gone 100% electronic drums in GS, only one from that era that's not electronic drums is MAYBE Ghost Story but I'm not even sure about that one. At least it's better in AHFOD, with the title track being mostly real drums, AOAL, Army Of One, and some of Amazing Day. He might be reverting to real drums most of the time again soon. :D Since at it's more rare in GS, it's backward trent now in AHFOD. IMO Everglow deserved real drums, so as some of Up&Up. And all of Amazing Day deserved real drums too. That'd bring it to like 6 songs which is more than half the album, but it's a little lower now. I think it'll get better though... hopefully

Well actually all of them lol which is sad... it was a sudden change from 8/10 time real drums in MX and VLV... now he's gone 100% electronic drums in GS, only one from that era that's not electronic drums is MAYBE Ghost Story but I'm not even sure about that one.

Yeah but its also true to me that the synth drums contribute to the somber feel of GS. I especially think of the sonar-like effect in "Oceans", which is really fitting the song. And yeah I am also happy organic drums are back in some of the songs in AHFOD :)

God yeah probably true LOL I was thinking there were real drums in ASFOS, but I was mistaking it with the live version haha (which I like so much better btw)

Yeah, the live version has real drums, which is certainly interestong considering it's EDM. ASFOS IMO is really good studio version but if you put on the live version then listen to the studio version, the studio version's only okay compared to that one lol. Live version sounds so much more open, and energetic. I like the real drums as well, hit's the snare on the second beat which gives it a much better feel to it.

Yeah but its also true to me that the synth drums contribute to the somber feel of GS. I especially think of the sonar-like effect in "Oceans", which is really fitting the song. And yeah I am also happy organic drums are back in some of the songs in AHFOD :)

I agree, Oceans is one of those songs that fits so well with the electronic drumbeat. I also really like the sound of the electronic drum as well, fits so perfectly, and it's a sound you don't hear played with very often.

• Like 1

ASFOS IMO is really good studio version but if you put on the live version then listen to the studio version, the studio version's only okay compared to that one .

I think the live version will always be my favourite, but I also found myself sometimes preferring the Avicii edit *LOL* Like those times where I just want the track to be 100% dance-y. So yeah it does vary with me I guess, but nothing ultimately beats the shimmering live instruments and that can really be said of any song really.

I remember once having seen Mozart Requiem live for the first time, after I´d been obsessed with the recordings for ages. Well after the live version I cud not put on the record for the longest time because it so so paled compared to what I´d heard live. hehe

• Like 1