✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope

getithom

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anybody already posted this but here's Khatia playing Kaleidoscope live on french tv (at the 13mn30 mark, with Viva excerpt just before) [emoji7]

And I thought Chris Martin was good on piano...

I liked it so much I liked it once before I saw the video (because I'm the type of person to like nearly any post I see), and then tried to like it again after watching, therefore unliking it. So I had to click it again to like it again. :D

• Like 2

Here's the video

Hum, it doesn't really sound like Kaleidoscope to me. I mean, it is similar but I don't think it's the same.

I might be wrong, though.

It definitely sounds similar to the melody in Kaleidoscope, but not exactly the same. Who knows, it might indeed be the root of Kaleidoscope :D

Omgosh! This is definitely Kaleidoscope. It has to be! It sounds so much like it. ("We'll should rehearse that" he says at the end. Sounds like we have uncovered a conspiracy)

It doesn't sound like Kaleidoscope to me...to my ears the chords sound completely different but the tempo and the change of chords as well as mood are similar/reminiscent of it. My money are on a no for this being the origin of Kaleidoscope, but nice find :D

WOW. That sounds almost exactly like Kaleidoscope! Just higher, Especially the beginning... if you can't play 4:11 on and then play the beginning of Kaleidoscope without noticing only that difference I mentioned, I don't know what to tell you... I guarantee this was Kaleidoscope's roots. "We'll should rehearse that" too. They were obviously planning to do something with it. And now look, a full 6 years later, we have the final version of this sudden spark of creativity... (I don't know if they came up with it before or improvised btw... I'm just tsaying that'd be cool if he had a sudden improvisation thought and he played that). One thing though, I don't know why it had to be a full 6 years later. I do think I remember something about it being planned for release in the Mylo era, but I'm not too sure, because someone made a connection to it and a song title that never saw the light of day from back then (?) but maybe it just wasn't ready yet... probably a part of the acoustic album which got trashed, then skipped GS (although this would have fit on there too), but finally found it's home in AHFOD. The similarities tho... you can't deny that Kaliedoscope was at least in part inspired by this little improvisation :)

OK, i know i'm suuuuper super late for this :P but it kinda sounds a tiny bit like that one bit of Kaleidoscope and then like he TRIED to play Reign of Love :lol:

• Like 1

OK, i know i'm suuuuper super late for this :P but it kinda sounds a tiny bit like that one bit of Kaleidoscope and then like he TRIED to play Reign of Love :lol:

huh? "kinda sounds a tiny bit" like Kaleidoscope?

Think you should go back, play Kaleidoscope and then play this. Literally exactly the same at least in the beginning, just in different keys. Then it kind of gets weird after that and different, maybe an attempt at Reign of Love! But oh well. Am absolutely sure this was the origin of Kaleidoscope :D

• Like 1

Think you should go back, play Kaleidoscope and then play this. Literally exactly the same at least in the beginning, just in different keys. Then it kind of gets weird after that and different, maybe an attempt at Reign of Love! But oh well. Am absolutely sure this was the origin of Kaleidoscope :D

i just didn't want to commit to it. :lol: i think i might have also confusingly used "tiny bit" in this case to refer to the fact that the part that sounds like Kaleidoscope is very short :P there is definitely a part that sounds exactly like a part of Kaleidoscope to my ears.

Guest diogo_sg

I re-listened to it and now I must say that I do agree with those of you who said it was similar. It's *very* similar, really [emoji16]

I re-listened to it and now I must say that I do agree with those of you who said it was similar. It's *very* similar, really [emoji16]

I too agree, definitely.

I just tried to play Kaleidoscope and this part each at the same time and they sound almost identical ! I do think that Kaleidoscope is just the produced version of this snippet.

• Like 1

I too agree, definitely.

I just tried to play Kaleidoscope and this part each at the same time and they sound almost identical ! I do think that Kaleidoscope is just the produced version of this snippet.

Yeah, it's interesting to see a snippet from 6 years ago got turned into Kaleidoscope, who knew it would even make the 3rd album ahead back then....

• Like 1