• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elvis

Buddy Holly

The Beach Boys

Bob Dylan

Chuck Berry

:P

Actually The Beach Boys when they were led by Brian Wilson in the late 60s was inspired by The Beatles and vise versa. He made Pet Sounds they wrote Sgt Peppers then he tried to make SMiLE which due to numerous factors drove him to insanity. Its very sad considering he was such a taleted person. Watch Love&Mercy for more on him great semi-biopic :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest diogo_sg
I don't knoe if this has been mentioned or not but anyme remember the crisis liverpool gig post viva era.. anways i remember at the end of trouble he played around on the piano and it was kaleidoscope 6 years after

Here's the video

Hum, it doesn't really sound like Kaleidoscope to me. I mean, it is similar but I don't think it's the same.

I might be wrong, though.

It doesn't sound like Kaleidoscope to me...to my ears the chords sound completely different but the tempo and the change of chords as well as mood are similar/reminiscent of it. My money are on a no for this being the origin of Kaleidoscope, but nice find :D

• 3 weeks later...

WOW. That sounds almost exactly like Kaleidoscope! Just higher, Especially the beginning... if you can't play 4:11 on and then play the beginning of Kaleidoscope without noticing only that difference I mentioned, I don't know what to tell you... I guarantee this was Kaleidoscope's roots. "We'll should rehearse that" too. They were obviously planning to do something with it. And now look, a full 6 years later, we have the final version of this sudden spark of creativity... (I don't know if they came up with it before or improvised btw... I'm just tsaying that'd be cool if he had a sudden improvisation thought and he played that). One thing though, I don't know why it had to be a full 6 years later. I do think I remember something about it being planned for release in the Mylo era, but I'm not too sure, because someone made a connection to it and a song title that never saw the light of day from back then (?) but maybe it just wasn't ready yet... probably a part of the acoustic album which got trashed, then skipped GS (although this would have fit on there too), but finally found it's home in AHFOD. The similarities tho... you can't deny that Kaliedoscope was at least in part inspired by this little improvisation :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've recently started enjoying this track. I don't skip it anymore now :)

At first I thought the poem was about being friendly to everybody or something like that, but now that I've listened to it with open ears I see it has more to do with fully embracing any experience and/or emotion that comes your way - "welcome and entertain them all." I like this concept. :thumbsup:

Hate to destroy the excitement here, but the piano at the beginning of Kaleidoscope, and maybe throughout the song, is sampled from Khatia Buniatishvilli--see video. Chris had mentioned really liking Chopin during the recording of AHFOD, so I bet he was listening to Khatia's amazing renditions and wanted to use it for the track.

I am not a classical music expert, but maybe what he was playing at the end of Trouble is a known classical piano song? Just my first thought... Regardless, it is absolutely lovely and makes me mad. Why? Because I want an entire Coldplay album where there is just Postcards style piano tracks with the rest of the band adding awesome atmospherics. Tis my dream. Even if it was a Chris solo album....*braces for reactions*

• Like 1

Hate to destroy the excitement here, but the piano at the beginning of Kaleidoscope, and maybe throughout the song, is sampled from Khatia Buniatishvilli--see video. Chris had mentioned really liking Chopin during the recording of AHFOD, so I bet he was listening to Khatia's amazing renditions and wanted to use it for the track.

I am not a classical music expert, but maybe what he was playing at the end of Trouble is a known classical piano song? Just my first thought... Regardless, it is absolutely lovely and makes me mad. Why? Because I want an entire Coldplay album where there is just Postcards style piano tracks with the rest of the band adding awesome atmospherics. Tis my dream. Even if it was a Chris solo album....*braces for reactions*

I'm sitting here wondering what it is in the video you find that matches the beginning piano portion of Kaleidoscope. I took the time to listen to that piece. It is very complicated compared to Kaleidoscope. They seem to match key (if you get my music lingo) but only in a few places. And my ear tells me they're not the same in those places. Other than that Katia's piece is all over the place in terms of key changes. Another thing you may notice is that Kaleidoscope is in 3/4 time while this piece is in 4/4. So I see no similarities here :)

• 3 months later...
The voiceover is the best part of it for me! Absolutely love this interlude so much and I don't even know why

It's by far my favourite song on the album. The melody is so peaceful, and the message in the poem is magical. It gives me so much comfort and I'm so thankful for it.

• Like 3