✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Can We Escape the Diabolical Clichés of Coldplay?" - The New Yorker

Saket

Basically the usual critic of Chris not being the best lyricist on earth. He certainly is not and never has been! I think his lyrics in AHFOD are more thought through than some previous albums, but he is no Morrissey, far from. The simple lyrics are carried by powerful melodies: it´s this combination that make them effective imo. They might not be very eloquent but they are immediate and that can also be enough. Conversely eloquence alone is not guaranteed to better convey emotions than simpler forms.

• Like 2

she is just so insecure, frustrated and obviously emotionally hurt that my impression was "oh how smart i am, wrote one book, teaching on some alternative studies in NY and read so many books. even more The New Yorker gave me space to elaborate how superior I am, although not quite sure if i really am, so pretty please with a sugar on top, admire to my critic, look how smart i am and what a wonderful word I used Chlices...." hahaha :D

Basically I have no problem with her opinion on lyrics, we are all different, and it's ok. but do have two issues on her critic.. First, if you are a journalist rule nr 1, holly rule in journalism is to call your source and object of research to ask for information. Obliviously she haven't talk to him. Second, it's not about lyrics it's her analysis on emotion, so just wondered: dear A. who gives you authority on emotion analysis of somebody else? psychology studies maybe?

it's actually quite funny critic, would say ;)