✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Quotes

alisbe

I'm doing a little personal project, I hope you can help me. All I need are some quotes you might find in your daily life, perhaps in books, at school, surfing the internet or a phrase someone told you. It could be something funny, inspiring, meaningful or meaningless everything you want. I'll write down some of them in a agenda I'll take with me this 2016. :book2:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If your dream is risky, work harder. Don't give that part of you away."

Read it somwhere on an art blog and liked it for its true simplicity

Thank you! It's really good, it sums up what I want to achieve in 2016 :)

Just lift half from Up&Up....LOL its jam packed with quotes haha

Ok one that comes to mind off the top of my head: (Gnothe Seauton) "Know Thyself". Not sure if it qualifies as a quote but I always found it a wonderful advice.

I like it, it's a great advice. Thanks for sharing it!

I'll also look at Up&Up!

Me too :) The last one I like because it basically says the truth always prevails eventually, which I find endlessly comforting ! :)

Exactly, it doesn't matter how many lies we try to say, the truth will be always known.

• Like 1

"Non Carborundum Illegitimi" is something my mom taught me for school, Latin for "Don't let the bastards get you down." Otherwise, take a note from Jeremy Hillary Boob PhD. in Yellow Submarine, "Ad loc, ad hoc, and quid pro quo! So little time, so much to know!" I always liked that line in the movie, don't know why, just do.

• Like 1

"Non Carborundum Illegitimi" is something my mom taught me for school, Latin for "Don't let the bastards get you down." Otherwise, take a note from Jeremy Hillary Boob PhD. in Yellow Submarine, "Ad loc, ad hoc, and quid pro quo! So little time, so much to know!" I always liked that line in the movie, don't know why, just do.

Thank you!! Both are great quotes. I'll apply the first one for someone who is annoying me, not saying that this person is a bastard lol, but isn't someone I want to great but I have to :angry:

Thank you!! Both are great quotes. I'll apply the first one for someone who is annoying me, not saying that this person is a bastard lol, but isn't someone I want to great but I have to :angry:

I know exactly what you mean, lol. Hopefully they don't become too much of a wad and start acting like a bastard. The other quote I always keep in my mind is, "Don't be a jerk, go do something nice for someone." Something my brother reminded me of doing when I got to college. Because you never know, "Buying someone coffee one day could lead to you getting a sweet job somewhere some day, or even a new friend."

• Like 1

I know exactly what you mean, lol. Hopefully they don't become too much of a wad and start acting like a bastard. The other quote I always keep in my mind is, "Don't be a jerk, go do something nice for someone." Something my brother reminded me of doing when I got to college. Because you never know, "Buying someone coffee one day could lead to you getting a sweet job somewhere some day, or even a new friend."

Nice quotes, thank you so much. I always try to be positive and I don't try to pay attention to the negative side, I just try to learn from the mistakes I'm making :)

• 2 months later...
"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

In all seriousness that is a great quote and one of my favourites

I like it, thanks for sharing it :)

The other day we were talking about love quotes at school for Valentines day and there were some by actresses and unknown people. The discussion was if it is important to know who is the author of the quotes, because sometimes we heard phrases that are relevant but when we know who said them some people change their opinion about it. So, Yoda might have said it, but there's some truth behind it which makes me think about some projects I have in mind and the way I might do them.

I'm so sorry, but I don't get what you mean in this quote. My brain is getting ready for spring break and it doesn't want to think lol

It's not meant to be taken too serious:P It means what it says. So basically it's nonsense:)

Guest diogo_sg

"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life."

- James Thurber