✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

If you could change anything on Coldplaying.com, what would you change

stephen

• Administrators
With messages I meant the conversations, or PM.

They worked in the previous app version.

But thanks for looking into this.

Oh, they work perfectly for me, can you send a screenshot of what happens?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well I think the site logo fits this already, but what if the entire site theme was more of a color spectrum, because that's what Coldplay was doing in the art for AHFOD.

Note: I do not mean the site background, I mean the buttons, text, titles, etc. It may be hard on the eyes for certain people. We would have to see it first.

• 8 months later...

Isn't necessarily related to the design update, but I've noticed the searching on this site could be better. For example, I was looking for the thread "I am currently listening to..." today, and I found the thread with that title on page 4. That was after clicking the "Titles only" box after searching without it once.

Not flaming or anything lol, just a request and a suggestion to hopefully improve it sometime in the future.

• Like 4

Can it look like how it did ten years ago? I'm feeling rather nostalgic.

Not an official answer, but my guess would be no considering semi-recently Coldplaying switched the provider or system or whatever from vBulletin (I think it was called) to Xenforo because it was outdated. And I also don't see any kind of old look in the styles menu so I'm afraid you're probably out of luck.

(again, not an official answer)

EDIT: Maybe there is actually. From what I remember, I didn't see anything relating to an old style, and it would be hard to do with Xenforo anyway, some features would be missing probably. I don't even see a style picker in the newest Coldplaying style update for KEP (which is why I'm editing this post) so I'm not sure....

Still my guess would be no though, sorry

• Administrators
I'm really missing the "On this day in Coldplay history" feature that used to be on the Coldplaying website. It was so informative and interesting !

[uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER], can you bring it back ?

I removed that because it was quite inaccurate and didn't work the way I wanted it to. There were also times where no articles were posted for months so it really wasn't "This Day in Coldplay History" it was more "Here is the only article posted that year".

I would definitely like to implement the Coldplay timeline into the site and have it show what happened on this day in Coldplay history. However, I really don't think I would be able to do that with my current coding abilities.

STEFANNNN!!!

i feel you, man, i miss that old Coldplaying blue :p

@cp3176 is correct. This really is not possible on the new system. We moved from VBulletin because it was extremely outdated and was buggy, not to mention it had massive security issues. I really didn't want user information being stolen so I updated to Xenforo which is regularly updated and supports modern web standards. I agree the old style of VBulletin is familiar for all of us but I guess we just have to move on.

Being the only person who looks after the site, it gets quite difficult especially when I want to have a social life outside of my busy school life. I will take a look at the search right now and see what I can do!

• Like 3

I removed that because it was quite inaccurate and didn't work the way I wanted it to. There were also times where no articles were posted for months so it really wasn't "This Day in Coldplay History" it was more "Here is the only article posted that year".

Hi, thanks for the quick reply ! I don't mean articles being posted about what happened on a particular day in the past (so I don't mean something like this: https://coldplaying.com/on-this-day-coldplay-at-glastonbury-2005-2011/), rather what I meant is a little feature that used to be on the side of the main Coldplaying website that was a list of links to archived Coldplaying news articles from this exact day in the past. It had links all the way back to the early 2000s if I recall right and would automatically adapt every day to show the archived news from that particular date. Are we talking about the same thing here ?

• Administrators
Hi, thanks for the quick reply ! I don't mean articles being posted about what happened on a particular day in the past (so I don't mean something like this: https://coldplaying.com/on-this-day-coldplay-at-glastonbury-2005-2011/), rather what I meant is a little feature that used to be on the side of the main Coldplaying website that was a list of links to archived Coldplaying news articles from this exact day in the past. It had links all the way back to the early 2000s if I recall right and would automatically adapt every day to show the archived news from that particular date. Are we talking about the same thing here ?

Yeah I am talking about that thing on the sidebar. For example, if there was one article posted in the month of June 2006 then that article would stay in the "On This Day" section for a whole month so it was kind of misleading

• Like 1

Yeah I am talking about that thing on the sidebar. For example, if there was one article posted in the month of June 2006 then that article would stay in the "On This Day" section for a whole month so it was kind of misleading

Ah ok ! I didn't look at it daily so I didn't notice that...

@cp3176 is correct. This really is not possible on the new system. We moved from VBulletin because it was extremely outdated and was buggy, not to mention it had massive security issues. I really didn't want user information being stolen so I updated to Xenforo which is regularly updated and supports modern web standards. I agree the old style of VBulletin is familiar for all of us but I guess we just have to move on.

I like the new style actually, it looks really clean and nice but it's too bad some features aren't available with the new system like the shoutbox.

I do get nostalgic from time to time about the one vBulletin style I seen when I joined the forum though...

Oh well.

• Administrators
I like the new style actually, it looks really clean and nice but it's too bad some features aren't available with the new system like the shoutbox.

I do get nostalgic from time to time about the one vBulletin style I seen when I joined the forum though...

Oh well.

I added the shoutbox a few months back and it was used by nobody so I removed it!