✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Coldplaying Chorus Project

Suhit

Which Coldplay song's chorus (or verse, if it's sing-along-ey) would you like to sing?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which Coldplay song's chorus (or verse, if it's sing-along-ey) would you like to sing?

• Up & Up
    • Fix You
    • Viva la Vida
    • Yellow
    • The Scientist
    • Paradise
    • Birds
    • Up With The Birds

Maybe this is a little too ambitious at such a short notice but why don't we make up a new verse?

Something about looking forward to the tour, wishing them good luck...

A few good singers can sing that and the rest of us can sing the original chorus?

This is the first project but not the last. We can do anything we want for Coldplay even later! :)

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a wonderful idea! :dance: But will our voices be audible individually or will they be layered together? Cause my voice is really crappy but I guess i'd be ok with it if it wasn't to be heard individually...

Just join in... that's the pleasure of singing in a choir - no individual voices are heard.... and you get all the enjoyment of knowing you're involved in the final product.

• Like 4

Guys please lets agree on exactly which seconds we are going to sing before everyone does a different thing

Also, please everyone think of plugging in the actual song to your ear while doing it and keeping strictly to the time and rhythm, otherwise this is gonna sound awful when layered. Everybody needs to be synchronized

Yup, I'll be uploading a file of me singing (better get your ENT doctor's phone numbers on speed dial) along with basic instrumentation. The version we're doing need not be in the same scale and exact tempo as the original, so please DO NOT refer to the original song and sing. I'm saying that it might not be in the same scale and tempo because I'm trying a little mash-up that would sound interesting.

Yes yes yes, this is exactly what I'm concerned about. Thanks for saying it for such a dummy like me :wacky:

Edit: I would also like to add that if we will have a lot of people doing this, then we need not worry about the really minor lack of synchronicity. There can be teeny-tiny little jumbles to make it sound like a real chorus and not like a MIDI file. (I'm mostly talking to Suhit to not overedit here.)

Yup, of course! I'm all for organic sound! :D

• Like 2

so please DO NOT refer to the original song and sing. I'm saying that it might not be in the same scale and tempo because I'm trying a little mash-up that would sound interesting

So it's gonna be a different version?

Please give it in time so I can practise. :)

My voice is still suffering from that bad cold but I'm determined to give it a try.

• Like 2

So it's gonna be a different version?

Please give it in time so I can practise. :)

My voice is still suffering from that bad cold but I'm determined to give it a try.

Great! I'm glad to see that you're going to give it a try! :)

Yup, it's a slightly different version, I'm composing a new arrangement for it, with a mashup in mind.

Which brings me to the next piece of information I wanted to share with everyone:

So I got into a great workflow late yesterday night, and I've already pretty much finished the structure of the track with instrumentation. So seeing that we have a little more time now (I didn't expect it to just flow out so quickly!), as promised, let's fit a small (very tiny though) verse into it!

Either we can use a couple of lines from the verses from Up&Up itself, or as you suggested, we could write something ourselves. My only issue with writing something ourselves is that it'll take some time to suggest those lyrics and compare them with others and then pick something, so do we take that risk? Remember that I can only send a reference track once we have all the lyrics ready, so that I can sing it out as a reference and send it to you guys.

There is only space in the verse for this much:

fixing up a car to drive in it again

searching for the water hoping for the rain

up and up, up and up

After which, it goes to the chorus, which is repeated 4 times (each time getting bigger).

So do we write our own lyrics or do we use a couple of lines from the song itself?

Yup, it's a slightly different version, I'm composing a new arrangement for it, with a mashup in mind.

Which brings me to the next piece of information I wanted to share with everyone:

So I got into a great workflow late yesterday night, and I've already pretty much finished the structure of the track with instrumentation. So seeing that we have a little more time now (I didn't expect it to just flow out so quickly!), as promised, let's fit a small (very tiny though) verse into it!

Either we can use a couple of lines from the verses from Up&Up itself, or as you suggested, we could write something ourselves. My only issue with writing something ourselves is that it'll take some time to suggest those lyrics and compare them with others and then pick something, so do we take that risk? Remember that I can only send a reference track once we have all the lyrics ready, so that I can sing it out as a reference and send it to you guys.

up and up, up and up

After which, it goes to the chorus, which is repeated 4 times (each time getting bigger).

So do we write our own lyrics or do we use a couple of lines from the song itself?

I think it would be really cool if we could write some lyrics ourselves. But I think we should keep the "up and up, up and up" part. It would be only be two lines so it probably won't take that long to decide I think...

• Like 1

I think it would be really cool if we could write some lyrics ourselves. But I think we should keep the "up and up, up and up" part. It would be only be two lines so it probably won't take that long to decide I think...

Agreed! I was thinking the same thing actually! Look at my post above for proof :P

"Standing in the field, we're waiting for the day,

When we finally get the chance to watch Coldplay,

Up and up, up and up!"

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P

Yes, that's the idea.

Something to let them know we are exited about the tour.

Yes, that's the idea.

Something to let them know we are exited about the tour.

Okay, so let's say that the lyrics with the most number of likes on that post will be selected? (You guys can take back your likes on my post in that case, until you see a few more and decide..!)

• Like 1

up and up, up and up

I say we should use a couple lines from the song. I don't mean to snuff out anyone's creativity perhaps they would find it amusing and quite entertaining if we sang their actual lyrics? thoughts?

I say we should use a couple lines from the song. I don't mean to snuff out anyone's creativity perhaps they would find it amusing and quite entertaining if we sang their actual lyrics? thoughts?

Hey that actually doesn't sound too bad..I'm not sure if you were joking but maybe we should create a line or two:p

Hahaha, no I wasn't joking! So do you like the idea of writing our own lyrics? It's just two lines, so it shouldn't be too tough, and it'll be fun!

• Like 2

Hahaha, no I wasn't joking! So do you like the idea of writing our own lyrics? It's just two lines, so it shouldn't be too tough, and it'll be fun!

Yeah I like the idea and I like your lyrics,also wrote my own lyrics above.