✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Coldplaying Chorus Project

Suhit

Which Coldplay song's chorus (or verse, if it's sing-along-ey) would you like to sing?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which Coldplay song's chorus (or verse, if it's sing-along-ey) would you like to sing?

• Up & Up
    • Fix You
    • Viva la Vida
    • Yellow
    • The Scientist
    • Paradise
    • Birds
    • Up With The Birds

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a wonderful idea! :dance: But will our voices be audible individually or will they be layered together? Cause my voice is really crappy but I guess i'd be ok with it if it wasn't to be heard individually...

Thanks for joining in!

Nope, all the voices will be layered together just like how it is in the chorus of up & up..

• Like 1

When we do it, are the different notes gonna be assigned? (Because they are singing harmonies.)

So yeah, if anybody is confident enough to pull off harmonies, that's great..! But if someone's not too sure about it, I'd just suggest they sing the main line and make it sound big. Alternatively, one person could also send in multiple files (main line, harmony 1, harmony 2, etc.).

I guess once the song is picked, we can lay down a few rules and suggestions that people can follow. This whole project is a big test on how we can get everybody together from different corners of the world and just create a minute of music without sounding like a cat playing a violin (although that'd look quite adorable ;) ), so it might not sound amazing and professional because we might not get enough harmonies, but it'll be great fun!

• Like 4

Guest diogo_sg
Yup, there's a poll happening! Please go to the first page to register your vote!

Thanks! I'm on the app, so I can't see the polls :)

Oh come on..!

But hey, maybe we can do an anonymous submission of our recording, that way nobody's going to know who sang which one. Is that possible somehow? Maybe we could make a common google drive account and upload all the files there? But that might give some security problems if somebody misuses the password.. :/

u wanna know what happens when I try to sing?

giphy.gif

THAT.

• Like 3

I'm totally not gonna take part in this because of my craptastic voice, but this project is awesome anyway! :dance:

My favorite Batman quote was from a few months ago when you said, "I sound like wind blowing randomly through a rusty old pipe" :laugh3:....no offense, but I thought that was really funny

• Like 1

So yeah, if anybody is confident enough to pull off harmonies, that's great..! But if someone's not too sure about it, I'd just suggest they sing the main line and make it sound big. Alternatively, one person could also send in multiple files (main line, harmony 1, harmony 2, etc.).

I guess once the song is picked, we can lay down a few rules and suggestions that people can follow. This whole project is a big test on how we can get everybody together from different corners of the world and just create a minute of music without sounding like a cat playing a violin (although that'd look quite adorable ;) ), so it might not sound amazing and professional because we might not get enough harmonies, but it'll be great fun!

I'll do the harmonies too then. I'm not a good singer, but I'm confident I can get the notes right :D

u wanna know what happens when I try to sing?

giphy.gif

THAT.

Hahahahahahaha! Alright alright! No pressure!

I'll do the harmonies too then. I'm not a good singer, but I'm confident I can get the notes right :D

Excellent! :) Thanks for bringing up the idea of harmonies btw, I had completely forgotten about that until you mentioned it back there.

• Like 2

YEAH BABY i'm doing harmonies too!

I was wondering if we can make it longer, perhaps sing a verse AND a chorus? One minute seems kinda short, idk. Perhaps first verse and chorus. Or the chorus twice at the end, with the Oh-Oh-Ohs.

Maybe this is a little too ambitious at such a short notice but why don't we make up a new verse?

Something about looking forward to the tour, wishing them good luck...

A few good singers can sing that and the rest of us can sing the original chorus?

• Like 4

Guest diogo_sg
Maybe this is a little too ambitious at such a short notice but why don't we make up a new verse?

A few good singers can sing that and the rest of us can sing the original chorus?

Oooh, I like that idea :)

I second this. Great idea:)

Great idea !