✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Coldplaying Chorus Project

Suhit

Which Coldplay song's chorus (or verse, if it's sing-along-ey) would you like to sing?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which Coldplay song's chorus (or verse, if it's sing-along-ey) would you like to sing?

• Up & Up
    • Fix You
    • Viva la Vida
    • Yellow
    • The Scientist
    • Paradise
    • Birds
    • Up With The Birds

Ahhh...I was not aware of this. Thanks for the posting this :happy: I may have an entry, hmm...I'll see what I can come up with. Where are the details posted?

Just navigate to the first page of that thread..!

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The final lyrics of the coldplaying chorus project have been posted in the first post of this thread! Check it out and start preparing! And also, please share this thread on as many threads on coldplaying.com as you would like to (IF you would like to of course!); the more people taking part, the better..!

Guest diogo_sg
Alright! The final lyrics have been chosen!

There's a last minute surprise in the lyrics selection. There happens to be space to add another couplet in, so I'm choosing the top two liked lyrics!!

So congrats [uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER] for getting 7 likes, and @gerben for getting 6 likes!! Both the couplets are awesome!

For everybody else who contributed as well, thanks a BUNCH for writing in such amazing lyrics and showing so much enthusiasm! I thought this would be a small project, but with everybody helping out and contributing so much, it honestly means a lot to me :)

So here are the final lyrics that are going to be added to the chorus:

Hope we get to see Coldplay playing soon

When that day arrives, we'll be over the moon

Up and up, up and up

Singing from our hearts, making sorrows drown;

When your favourite band, comes and plays your town;

Up and up, up and up.

Wow! Thank you so much! I'm really glad people liked my lyrics! Haha! Congrats too, @gerben!

I just hope we get to make a full version of this with all the submitted lyrics ;D

Wow! Thank you so much! I'm really glad people liked my lyrics! Haha! Congrats too, @gerben!

I just hope we get to make a full version of this with all the submitted lyrics ;D

Congrats to you. What you wrote sounds like something from a great lyricist!

Guest diogo_sg
Congrats to you. What you wrote sounds like something from a great lyricist!

Really?! Thank you, you're very sweet! Haha! You're making me blush :P

is our version's key going to be different? And if so, can you tell me the new chords so I can figure the harmonies out easier? (with the piano) :)

Even if the key is different, it shouldn't be a problem :) All intervals are the same, just that every note is a certain amount higher or lower than G major, the original key :)

But if you insist on the chords, here they are in the original key:

Verse:

G D Em C6

Chorus:

G D F(add 9 if you want) C

G D F(add 9 if you want) C C6 G

• Like 1

^Thanks!

Edit: Actually I was asking for the new chords, I know the original ones:) Chords change when keys change right? Am I just confused? haha:D

You're right, they do change. But you can practice singing with these chords, and if you must sing in a different key, it will actually be easy for your voice to know what to sing (because the relative melody is still the same). Playing would be harder, but not singing. :)

You're right, they do change. But you can practice singing with these chords, and if you must sing in a different key, it will actually be easy for your voice to know what to sing. Playing would be harder, but not singing. :)

Ahh okay, got it. Thanks! (again)

Btw, you're awesome for organizing all of this:)

• Like 1

I'm worried that if I do this, all you musical people will know what special key we're singing in or whatever and I'll just be singing it my own way, and then in the final product, I'll be that one voice that's totally off with the rest of the group :laugh3:

• Like 4

I'm worried that if I do this, all you musical people will know what special key we're singing in or whatever and I'll just be singing it my own way, and then in the final product, I'll be that one voice that's totally off with the rest of the group :laugh3:

LOL, don't worry, it's just me and Rickulus that are musical ;) jk... It's just technical stuff. Everyone knows how to sing. :)

• Like 3

Naah don't worry, I'm going to make it a nice little blend of all our voices. Besides, I woke up today with the worst cough and sore throat ever, so my reference track is going to sound croaky and messed up as shit; so once everybody listens to how crappy my voice is, they'll know they can easily do much better ;)

• Like 6

Guest diogo_sg
Congrats to you [uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER] and my feelings exactly. It'll be a great compound of lyrics for sure if we did!

Thank you! ;)

Guest diogo_sg

I'm going to record mine now :D

EDIT: I can't do it now, after all. Hopefully, I'm going to do it later today (or tomorrow) :/