✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Coldplaying Chorus Project

Suhit

Which Coldplay song's chorus (or verse, if it's sing-along-ey) would you like to sing?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which Coldplay song's chorus (or verse, if it's sing-along-ey) would you like to sing?

• Up & Up
    • Fix You
    • Viva la Vida
    • Yellow
    • The Scientist
    • Paradise
    • Birds
    • Up With The Birds

EDIT 9:

Here it is:

To everybody at Coldplay HQ with love,

From Coldplaying.

Audio Link:

[MEDIA=soundcloud]

[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://soundcloud.com/suhit-1/the-coldplaying-chorus-project

EDIT 8:

#ColdplayingChorusProject coming soon.

EDIT 7:

Submissions to the #ColdplayingChorusProject are now closed!

A HUGE thank you to everybody who participated, supported and assisted this project so far!

Stay tuned! The project is nearing completion!

EDIT 6:

Deadline for submissions EXTENDED to 23rd March, 11:59 pm GMT!

..and a shout out to @Batman @flockofbirds222 and @Mexima for the amazing artwork that's coming through! Thank you!

EDIT 5:

A BIG thank you to @grids, @AMDB9 and @Coeurli from the coldplaying team to help make this happen!

EDIT 4:

The reference track is ready! It sounds like shit because of my vocals, but you guys can help me with that by sending your beautiful vocals!

So firstly, I need to point out that you DON'T need to divide the song into two parts anymore, because the overlap isn't working out well. I've added a little bit of a gap between the intro and the verse by playing the piano so that you guys get a small breather before the verse starts.

So naming the file is now easier:

Main vocal file: 7439_1

1st harmony vocal (optional): 7439_2

2nd harmony vocal (optional): 7439_3

..and so on.

In case you still want to send in two files because you find it easier to stop the recording and start again from the verse onwards, then follow the old file naming rules. i.e 7439_1a (for intro) and 7439_1b (for verse and chorus)

Secondly, I added some reverb and made my vocals fade in during the intro so that you get an idea of how it'll sound, but DO NOT add any reverb nor make your vocals fade in when you record and send the file! I'll do that from here!

Thirdly, I'm also uploading an instrument only file, just in case you get sick of my vocals and you want to record just over the instrument track :P But please refer to the main reference track at least a few times so that you know what to sing at what time..!

Fourthly, please send your files either as .mp3 or .wav files only! Definitely not .ogg files! :P The deadline for submitting the files is 11:59 pm GMT of the 22nd of March.

Upload the file(s) on sendspace.com and send the link to:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1MDsZoL1jD6rLUi3T7gq6cn2lpOBpZYn6Mfgo5N0ufoQ/viewform?edit_requested=true

Finally, here are the tracks! Forgive my blasphemous singing! Have fun recording guys!

www.soundcloud.com/suhit-1/sets/coldplaying-chorus-project/s-a9Qwo

EDIT 3:

Alright everyone! The reference track will be ready by noon tomorrow (its 11:30pm IST right now for me), but before I send you the link to the reference track, here are a few rules and guidelines that I’d like to mention and repeat so that everybody is on the same page, and so that managing all the files will get a little easier. This could be a little (actually quite) lengthy, but it’s VERY important! So please don’t skip it!

1. The whole song is divided into two parts:
    i) the intro and ii) verse plus chorus.
    I’m dividing it into two parts because there is going to be a little bit of overlap of the vocals when the intro transitions into the verse, as you will see in the reference track below. So this means that I will need two separate files from each of you; one for the intro and one for the rest of the track.
    The lyrics for the intro are: "We’re going to get it, get it together, right now, gonna get it, get it together, somehow, gonna get it, get it together and flower; oh oh oh oh oh oh oooooooh”. Remember, this ending “oooooh” has to be stretched out a little by just a beat or so (somewhat like the ending of the Super Bowl 50 show), so that i can fade it out, thus making the transition smooth.
    So you have to start one recording, sing the intro and stop after the stretched out “ooooh”. Save that recording as a file, and then start a new recording, and start singing from the verse, which is, “Hope we get to see Coldplay playing soon…” all the way upto the end.
  2. Make sure you record yourselves in a QUIET place, and AS SMALL A ROOM AS POSSIBLE, and SING OUT LOUD, but don’t scream (we’ll save that for a metal cover of ‘green eyes’). After you finish recording yourselves, quickly listen back to your recording with headphones/earphones to check if any loud noises/wind/buzzing sounds got into the recording. Any small noises that are barely audible are okay, they’ll get covered up.
  3. Listen to the reference track ONLY on headphones or earphones. The reference track should not be heard in your voice recording. Only YOUR voice alone should be heard in the recordings that you send to me.
  4. You can send your recordings anonymously in case you happen to be a little shy or if you just don’t want anyone to know that this voice belongs to you. To submit the two files that you have recorded, you will need to upload it onto https://www.sendspace.com , on doing which, you will be given a link from which your files can be downloaded. Copy that link and paste it in the link to a google form (which I will provide tomorrow while posting my reference track) and voila! You’re voice is a mystery!
  5. Naming your two files:
    For the intro file - put a random 4 digit number first, followed by an underscore followed by 1a. e.g. 7439_1a
    For the verse and chorus file - start with the SAME 4 digit number followed by underscore followed by 1b.
    e.g. 7439_1b
    I’m asking for the 4 digit random number so that every file name is unique (so don’t give your files obvious numbers like 4242 or 0007, as somebody else might try the same). This will help me in asking for any corrections later on. Supposing a certain file has come to me really noisy, I could make an announcement on this thread saying "filename 7439_1a is noisy, could you please re-record that?”. So whoever that anonymous person is, will read the message, realise that they messed up a little and re-record it and send it again with the same file name :P
  6. If you’d like to do harmonies as well, you’re absolutely welcome! In that case, your first harmony file for the intro should be named 7439_2a, and for the verse and chorus should be name 7439_2b. If you’d like to send in a 3 part harmony, your next harmony should be named 7439_3a for the intro and 7439_3b for verse and chorus. If you want to do a 4 part harmony, just stop showing off. I’m kidding, you can send that in too; just follow the sequence.
  7. Sit back and relax. I’ll take care of the rest!
  8. Any questions? Just PM me.

EDIT 2:

Here are the final lyrics of the Coldplaying Chorus Project:

Intro:

We’re going to get it get it together right now

going to get it get it together somehow

going to get it get it together and flower

oh oh oh oh oh ooooooh.

Verse:

Hope we get to see Coldplay playing soon;

When that day arrives, we'll be over the moon;

Up and up, up and up

Singing from our hearts, making sorrows drown;

When your favourite band, comes and plays your town;

Up and up, up and uuuuup.

Chorus:

We're saying

we’re going to get it get it together right now

oh oh oh oh oh oh

we’re going to get it get it together I know

going to get it get it together and flow

going to get it get it together and go

and up and up and

we’re going to get it get it together right now

oh oh oh oh oh oh

we’re going to get it get it together I know

going to get it get it together and flow

going to get it get it together and go

up and up and up

EDIT:

The poll is now closed! The winning song is Up & Up! Thanks for voting everybody! Time to get down to the main work with not much time left, but let me quote a line from a certain song, "we're gonna get it, get it together, right now, gonna get it, get it together, somehow!"

Also, I've just finished recording the instruments for the track, and the whole track has now come to exactly two minutes (one minute longer than what I was aiming for), but it sounds rounded and complete; some of the coldplayers very rightly pointed out that 30 seconds or even one minute would be too short, so I'd like to thank them for changing my mind about that, because I definitely like the 2 minute version much better. As Mr. Will Champion once said (this isn't a direct quote, but I'm just presuming he said it like this), "Alright, time to eat my hat."*

*For those who don't know about this, please watch Coldplay's storytellers session.

Hello Coldplayers!

I've been thinking that we Coldplayers could do a small little project, which (if it turns out nice) we could send to Coldplay as a greeting before they start their tour. (Yes, that means by the end of this month)

It's a little ambitious, but I was thinking that we could all record ourselves (individually) singing a chorus of a Coldplay song, and I'll put it all together and add some instrumentation and send it. It'll only be around 20 to 30 seconds long; and those of you who are worried that you can't sing, worry not! I've got a little pitch correction tool :P

I'll send across a reference track with a click and reference vocals so that you can sing along (but remember to listen to the reference track with headphones/earphones while recording, otherwise that'll get captured in the recording as well!). You can record your vocals even on a phone and send it (if you've got a phone that's got a good voice capture quality, great! If you've got one of those computer headphones plus mic headset, brilliant! If you've got a mic, even better! If you've got a condenser mic with a pop filter, you need to stop showing off; but use it :P ), but try and find as quiet and small a place as possible, to avoid any disturbances and room reverbs.

So I was thinking we could try the chorus of Up and Up, seeing that it's relevant, and easy. But I'd rather we have a poll to decide the song.

So let me know what you guys think. Whether we can try it, or if it is a bad idea, and also if you'd like to suggest some changes.

Hope this happens and works!

(Sorry for making this lengthy and filled with interruptions in brackets. #irony [or wait, is it?] )

Suhit.

• Like 11

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest diogo_sg

I think it's a great idea and I think I remember seeing something like it around the time I joined Coldplaying. Up&Up seems like a good choice. Up With The Birds would be nice too, imo. Count me in! ;)

Guest diogo_sg
Sounds like a nice project. :)

But, I'm not going to torture Coldplay with my singing.

No pitch correction tool is good enough to make it sound somewhat acceptable. :D

C'mon! Don't be so hard on yourself. It'll be fun! :)

Sounds like a nice project. :)

But, I'm not going to torture Coldplay with my singing.

No pitch correction tool is good enough to make it sound somewhat acceptable. :D

Naah, don't worry at all! It'll be great!

And excellent! Just a few more and I can put up a poll. Speaking of which, can someone help me out with putting up a poll in the first message of this thread so that people can find it easily? Will I just need to edit that post?

At this moment I even can't speak 1 sentence without coughing (I have a bad cold) so I'm really useless. :)

Hahahaha! Don't worry, by the time we get a poll going and choose a song, your cold will have gone. (No escaping :devil: )

Guest diogo_sg
At this moment I even can't speak 1 sentence without coughing (I have a bad cold) so I'm really useless. :)

Well, hope you get better soon, so you can participate in this :D

Well that is a nice project! :cheesy: I wouldn't submit anything because honestly my voice is hopeless, even with some autotune or pitch corrector or whatever tool you have :lol:

I definitely agree that Up&Up is the perfect choice for the song.

As a mod I can help out, if you need us to post on social media to get more people involved, please ask and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. :)

• Like 2

1. Shall we make some online group about arrangments and deals or something?

2. Can non-forum persons but also huge fans take part in this?

Hey Kamili..! Let's use this thread itself for all the posts and queries. Maybe we could create a google drive or something where we could all upload our voice recordings?

Also, maybe you could ask the fans to register on coldplaying.com? The reason is that this is a coldplaying project, and also if we open it to everybody, it could become a little difficult to handle.

I like the idea ! Maybe we can do more than one chorus/song though ?

I was actually thinking of that too, but then seeing that the 31st of March is just a few days away, I thought that it'd be better if we kept it to just a 20 - 30 second thing. We could try a mashup with another CP song's chorus too, akin to the fix you --> up and up version that Coldplay did at the Superbowl gig; but lets try a song apart from fix you in that case, otherwise it'll just be like the Super Bowl gig. Any suggestions?

Well that is a nice project! :cheesy: I wouldn't submit anything because honestly my voice is hopeless, even with some autotune or pitch corrector or whatever tool you have :lol:

I definitely agree that Up&Up is the perfect choice for the song.

As a mod I can help out, if you need us to post on social media to get more people involved, please ask and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. :)

Oh, that'll be amazing! If you could send a post on social media to let all the coldplaying members know about the project, it'll be brilliant!

• Like 1

Hey Kamili..! Let's use this thread itself for all the posts and queries. Maybe we could create a google drive or something where we could all upload our voice recordings?

Also, maybe you could ask the fans to register on coldplaying.com? The reason is that this is a coldplaying project, and also if we open it to everybody, it could become a little difficult to handle.

I was actually thinking of that too, but then seeing that the 31st of March is just a few days away, I thought that it'd be better if we kept it to just a 20 - 30 second thing. We could try a mashup with another CP song's chorus too, akin to the fix you --> up and up version that Coldplay did at the Superbowl gig; but lets try a song apart from fix you in that case, otherwise it'll just be like the Super Bowl gig. Any suggestions?

Oh, that'll be amazing! If you could send a post on social media to let all the coldplaying members know about the project, it'll be brilliant!

AOL?? Or AHFOD? I think it should last at least 1 minute if it's more people included. 60 seconds really fly like a light ;)

AOL?? Or AHFOD? I think it should last at least 1 minute if it's more people included. 60 seconds really fly like a light ;)

Yeah, maybe we can make it a minute long, I agree. But both AOAL and AHFOD don't have big choruses which would sound good in unison when a lot of people sing it.

How about Birds chorus ?

Birds is a good idea. It might be a little difficult to sing, but we can try! I'll add it to the poll.