✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The I RAN AWAY Project - Bringing I Ran Away live to the AHFOD Tour 2016 !

I ran away

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...at some point, and feeling stuck and "running away" in than sense. If so, it makes sense that he wouldn't want to perform it and stir up old emotional wounds. My little theory on why they don't perform it. A shame though, as as it is one of their best songs.

If there is a reason, other than they don't like it anymore it might be because it says "Everyone I know says I'm a fool to mess with you..." which i guess could have more than one meaning...and isn't something that's always in this story...

It's become a bit of a legendary story at this point like fairytales and stuff or like Romeo and Juliet or something like that. Something lost to time.

It's just a story about a boy and a girl on a rainy day long ago and the boy ends up running away from her even though she likes him an awful lot and is saying positive things... he just runs away...

...and maybe that's the turning point where things could have been different. In that sense it might be about the worst thing because sometimes people wonder where they took a wrong turning in their life and maybe that was it... or maybe it was before then... who can say.

and basically someone makes a "Mistake" and they run away even further and then maybe everything is lost and things go really, really, really bad and they just get worse and worse.... and there doesn't seem to be a way to do anything

and everyone keeps hoping for a happy ending of some kind....

but there never is one....

and then maybe the story just fades away into a legend...

...and thats it...

The End.

It's an old story but I guess it's one that a lot of people still like and write songs about and things but maybe it's a story a lot of people can relate to in one way or another because relationships and love and things can be a difficult thing.... at the best of times and especially in hard times. There are after all so many songs about a boy and a girl on a rainy day and love and something that goes bad.

That's my little theory...

love

Freya

That's great and all, but can you also get Coldplay to play I Ran Away live ? :D

I don't know... 100% good job without failures or "mishaps" (!!!) sounds fantastic... Might have to contact them if I can't get the old Black Magic to work! ;)

I might even know someone else who would be interested in that too so they might have come to the right forum! :joy:

Probably won't be able to work out what their phone number is though as I'm in the UK and all these dialling codes get too complicated. ;)

love

Freya

• Like 1