✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The I RAN AWAY Project - Bringing I Ran Away live to the AHFOD Tour 2016 !

I ran away

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks all ! Yes, I managed to buy a floor ticket in Section 11. Nowhere near any of the stages I believe but I have already see them up close once, so I'm OK with not being near the stage now. I have to admit I didnt make any I Ran Away Project banner because I am far away. Probably the chance of bumping into Chris in NYC is bigger than them reading a paper someone far away in the crowd holds up :D

@iamsue: I think Metlife only has numbered sections, so no B1 or or anything like that, but if I see something I will report back !

• Like 1

Thanks all ! Yes, I managed to buy a floor ticket in Section 11. Nowhere near any of the stages I believe but I have already see them up close once, so I'm OK with not being near the stage now. I have to admit I didnt make any I Ran Away Project banner because I am far away. Probably the chance of bumping into Chris in NYC is bigger than them reading a paper someone far away in the crowd holds up :D

@iamsue: I think Metlife only has numbered sections, so no B1 or or anything like that, but if I see something I will report back !

Thanks for looking for me. I hope your seat is good, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the Chi-town shout out on Twitter!! I retweeted but don't know how to copy your tweet other than retweeting it. I'm going to send Phil a tweet too. You are copied on one I sent the band.

Thanks for the Chi-town shout out on Twitter!! I retweeted but don't know how to copy your tweet other than retweeting it. I'm going to send Phil a tweet too. You are copied on one I sent the band.

Thanks, @iamsue ! The Phil Harvey is the wrong Phil though (Coldplay's Phil does not have a Twitter account; the closest we get is his mom Penny whose username is @goglandno1 :)

By the way folks, I still owe you the story of how I *unsuccessfully tried* to promote the I Ran Away Project after I unexpectedly ended up in front of the C-stage at the first MetLife show.

Was quite confused and overwhelmed that evening and although I knew for a while that the place where I am standing is in front of the C-stage, it was not until halfway through Amazing Grace that I thought "Oh wait, I should have made a poster after all !". I quickly fumbled in the dark in my tiny handbag for a pen and paper (which along with my X&Y booklet I always take with me on such occasions, on the off-hand chance that I for instance bump into Chris on 5th Avenue or spot Phil in the stadium or whatever - silly, I know, but I would kick myself forever if I did really meet one of them and did not have anything to get an autograph). The greatest difficulty here was actually pulling anything out at all, because by this time people had realized that the band would next appear on this stage and were pressing us first-rowers with all their might against the barrier or tried to squeeze into front row between us, so that I had trouble to actually bend my arm outwards a little bit to look inside the bag ! :D The paper I pulled out had the New York subway plan printed on the back. I did not have any solid ground on which to write something on the paper, so I wrote it against my knee which ended up tearing the paper in parts. Unfortunately the pen was very faint and I also only got round to incompletely write #IRanAwayLive, because at that moment the band took the stage and I quickly stuffed away the pen and grabbed my phone again to make a video. With one hand I held the phone and with the other one I held the paper. There was a bit of time between them standing there and Chris talking about how they played In my place in New York before. I saw Jonny (who was the closest to me of the four) look at the paper, then briefly looking at me with a frown before he looked somewhere else. I was a bit disheartened by this look, although it is most likely that he could not decipher the faint writing from that distance and that is why he gave this look. (Or he did read it and frowned at me because he didn't like the idea, we will never know...)

Anyway, I continued to hold the paper up between songs and after the band had left the stage, I reached out over the barrier and threw it into the C-stage area, where it was likely picked up and thrown away by a roadie :D

You can see the tragically unsuccessful paper in these videos:

(my own video, at 0:09 :D)

(at 0:28 i'm waving it on the right hand corner of the video)

• Like 6

I have a confession to make. [emoji5]

When I went to London to see Coldplay I did take about 20 printed #IRanAwayLive2016 flyers with me.

But... due to the confusion during my arrival at the hotel (still have to write about my AOAL) and the rush to get to the venue, I forgot to take them out of my suitcase and arrived at Wembley without them. [emoji24]

I felt so stupid and I didn't have anything with me to make a new one.

I can understand if I'm fired from the promotion team now. [emoji1]

• Like 6