✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The I RAN AWAY Project - Bringing I Ran Away live to the AHFOD Tour 2016 !

I ran away

Welcome to the I Ran Away Project ! The goal ?

To make Coldplay perform this beautiful song live for the first time during the A Head Full Of Dreams Tour 2016 !

This has been floating in my head for a long time but when I heard that Coldplay played A Whisper during the GS Era and that in the past people who have been asking for Cemeteries Of London live have apparently been heard, I realized there was no reason not to give this a try !

In order to grab Coldplay's attention, I was thinking of doing something creative and noteworthy rather than plainly write to them asking for I Ran Away live. And I think it should be a video !

My idea was that different people or even a chorus, if we get enough participants (inspired by the Chorus Project!), sing different lines of I Ran Away to the original song instrumental. Most importantly, I added lyrics for an additional chorus that state our wish, see below ! (we might do only one rather than two regular verses before that so that the video doesn't get too long...not sure about these things yet). The details still need to be worked out, but that's OK cause we have got more than a month to work on it. One thing I know for sure - I want four different people to say each word in "One two three Will" at the beginning ! :) About the exact distribution of the other lines we need to see later when we know how many people are participating.

The video in my current imagination would contain fan artwork that relates to I Ran Away, AROBTTH and AHFOD. I hope that maybe a few artistic Coldplayers would volunteer to contribute something ! If you have any artwork to offer, please send it to me; of course your username will be credited. Apart from artwork, the video would contain a text message reinforcing our wish, and towards the end the usernames of all Coldplaying members who contributed to or simply "sign" this.

Remember, we have nothing to lose and everything to (possibly) win ! The worst what could happen (and possibly also the most likely option...just saying it now so that you don't get your expectations too high!) is that we are ignored or we get a No for an answer. For reasons stated above, it is worth trying nonetheless ! "If you never try, then you never know..."

The aim would be to send the video as directly as we can get to the band (Debs Wild and Anchorman) as well as share it on social media if necessary. I don't know yet how to best contact the band, but with a little help from Coldplaying ([uSER=100956]@stephen[/uSER], I'm loking at you :D I know you love the song !) that should be possible. That said, I hope we generally have the blessing and support of Coldplaying with this project - for it would certainly help if Coldplaying were to officially support this cause ! Coldplaying HQ, are you in ? :D

Time-wise, we aim to get it across during the band's break before the European and North American Tours (early May at the latest). That gives us plenty of time to work out something great ! This will be so much fun, people ! :D

So I wrote these lyrics for the last chorus repetition right before the end of the song (which has no vocals as yet. I am talking about the very last part of the song after the bridge). I hope you like them, I took care that it matches the rhythm. Let me know if you suggest any changes (or a completely different set of lyrics - if you have ideas, tell us !)

We love this song so much, see stars arise in our cage

That's why we'd love for you to play I Ran Away live on stage

You have our love on call and yet on this our hearts all dwell

So please Chris Jonny Guy and Phil

Sing "One Two Three - Will"

I am currently in the process of recording a reference track for us (Warning: I have a terrible voice and even though I love singing, I am not good at it) which will be up soon !

Please watch this first post for updates !

So, who is definitely in now and who already knows that he/she wants to sing a particular line/lines in I Ran Away ? Let us know ! :)

THANK YOU !

#IRanAwayLive2016

• Like 8

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd really like to take part im this but I defenitly can't sing so maybe I could sing in the chorus part... Maybe i could make some fan art, i'll have to see if i can come up with something creative :)

Same goes for me!

That's already a great start, thanks ! Hope we get more people on board. Don't worry if you are unsure about your singing, for...

a) once you heard mine you'll realize how much better yours is :D

b) the last chorus (the extra lyrics) will for sure be sung in a chorus, so individual voices will be part of a bigger thing

• Like 3

I would like to help but my voice sounds horrible at the moment.

It was already bad but that bronchitis has ruined the little bit of singing capability that I had.

I have tried to sing I ran away and I only managed to "sing" halve a line.

I even have a lower voice than Chris'.

This project is independent of the individual song requests. You are all welcome to make individual videos asking for I Ran Away for the shows you are attending (I might make one when I am hopefully attending in July), but just to clarify, this project is completely independent. It is a general request for Coldplay to consider this song for their setlists and not tied to a particular show date.

I was bored so I tried my luck with some I Ran Away artwork...

Yeah i'm back to drawing hot air balloons...

Wow, that is really beautiful ! I love it !! We definitely will show this artwork in the video (can you make a high-resolution scan of the images ?). Thanks a lot !

I officially "sign" this petition.

I'll save you all the horror of my singing voice though!

EDIT: @I ran away This is worth embarassing myself for. What lines are yet to be taken?

All the lines, we haven't started distributing yet (I will upload the reference track soon). If you want something in particular let me know :)

OK, I have done some thinking about the line distribution. I am currently working on the reference track, but in the end it all comes down to how many people we have for singing. Ideally, I would like to have a distribution like that. Do we have enough singers for that ? Who wants which part ? I was thinking about possibly doing the light blue parts myself, unless I find out that this part sounds worse than the rest in my singing :D (I might do more if we don't find enough singers) If you want to stay anonymous so that nobody knows which verse you are singing, no problem - in that case just write me a PM !

[EVERY WORD SAID BY A DIFFERENT PERSON]One, two, three: Will[EVERY WORD SAID BY A DIFFERENT PERSON]

I ran away from you

That's all I ever do

And though I started here

I ran away from you

I'm gonna come on in

And see it through

I ran away from you

That's all I ever do

And when I heard you

Come back to me

And though I should stay

I don't have the stomach to

Everyone I know

Says I'm a fool to mess with you

Everyone I know

Says it's a stupid thing to do

I have your love on call

And my belly is so full

There might be nothing left to do

So I ran away from you [iS ALREADY TAKEN]

I'm gonna come on in

My eyes were closed

I can feel it near

The sides so close

I'm gonna come on out

And burn the sky [iS ALREADY TAKEN]

A star arose in my own cage

I stuck in line

And in a cage

Just a single star

I sing for [ME ?]

Everyone I know

Says I'm a fool to mess with you

Everyone I know

Says it's a stupid thing to do

I have your love on call

And yet my belly is so full

And I did not know what to do

And so I ran away from you

(Loooove) [ME ?]

[EVERYBODY TOGETHER, CHOIR]We love this song so much, see stars arise in our cage

That's why we'd love for you to play I Ran Away live on stage

You have our love on call and yet on this our hearts all dwell

So please Chris Jonny Guy and Phil

Sing "One Two Three - Will"[EVERYBODY TOGETHER, CHOIR]