✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The I RAN AWAY Project - Bringing I Ran Away live to the AHFOD Tour 2016 !

I ran away

Someone on instagram who got to introduce the band got to walk on the catwalk and said it was a trampoline

There is this video of the band who are having a meeting about the tour setup, where we got the first glimpses of the stage/catwalk layout.

Chris is saying something like "wouldn't that be a nice place to jump".

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have won ! We are the

Best Thread Of 2016 in the Coldplay Section

Congratulations everyone ! This project has been lots of fun, it's one of my best memories from 2016 and every time I watch or listen to our cover I think it is amazing what we, Coldplay fans from all over the world, have made together :)

• Like 7

• 4 months later...

One year ago on this day, we released the I Ran Away Project video. At this point I would like to once again thank everybody who contributed or supported it, making it is still one of my favourite memories of 2016 ! :blush:

With the second legs of the AHFOD Tour in Europe and North America just round the corner, the journey continues with this beautiful animation made by @coldplayisawesome:

#IRanAwayLive2017

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

An announcement about this project:

[MEDIA=twitter]881674762614976515[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/IRanAwayProject/status/881674762614976515

[MEDIA=twitter]881777042634788864[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/IRanAwayProject/status/881777042634788864

[MEDIA=twitter]881778028577206272[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/IRanAwayProject/status/881778028577206272

[MEDIA=twitter]881779739731648513[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/IRanAwayProject/status/881779739731648513

• Like 12

An announcement about this project:

[MEDIA=twitter]881674762614976515[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/IRanAwayProject/status/881674762614976515

[MEDIA=twitter]881777042634788864[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/IRanAwayProject/status/881777042634788864

[MEDIA=twitter]881778028577206272[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/IRanAwayProject/status/881778028577206272

[MEDIA=twitter]881779739731648513[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/IRanAwayProject/status/881779739731648513

Well a positive is that at least Chris and Guy noticed so maybe they'll remember this and have this in their mind for the next tour they'll go on :P

• Like 3

Why Frankfurt and why end?

Several factors played into that decision to lay the project to rest. We haven't been making progress for a while now and we decided to focus our energy on Frankfurt because it was a place with two nights (slightly higher chance of them changing up the setlist a bit) and three people of our project were attending, which is something we wouldn't have at any other show. We tried our luck by having a poster at the catwalk barrier on the first night and actually saw Chris's eyes quickly reading it when he was singing at our level during Viva La Vida, as well as Guy looking at it when he was walking back from the C-stage later.

I think we have gotten the request across to them on several ways, it's pretty clear now they don't want to do it.

I mean, the band almost applied no change to their setlist in 2017 compared to 2016; they don't even play songs that should be very obvious to play, such as Hypnotised for which there is even the app announcment on the screens ! On the C-stage, it has been In My Place+Don't Panic+Green Eyes/UATW for weeks, which almost no exception. That is what I meant with their current mindset: No changes anywhere in the setlist, and staying well clear of any old songs that are not from the standard few.

If they don't even play Hypnotised or AICTAIY, or put hits like Violet Hill back in once in a while, how on earth can we convince them to play an old AROBTTH B-side that has never been played live before ?

This is not the end of the idea to try and get I Ran Away performed live, it is more like an indefinite hiatus until conditions are better, that is, until there is maybe at some point in the future a tour that is less about confetti, fireworks and big stadiums and more about intimate performances (for example more like the Ghost Stories tour) or the band over time change their mind about not touching their old songs and are more enthusiastic about playing some rarities again.

(Don't think for a moment this was an easy decision, it was a very sad moment, there are so many hopesand memories connected to this project...but oh, didn't we have fun ? And at least for me it ended with meeting someone I got to know through that project in real life in Frankfurt - what could be a better way to end this ? :))

• Like 8

Thanks for your efforts and I completely agree about the reasons you just explained. I hope they do a "By Request" small tour or even a concert one day in the future. I mean, Muse just announced a charity concert with that format.

• 2 weeks later...

That's true. This project was a real high point of last year for me. It was A great team experience, wasn't it? I always wondered if the song was about Chris not being emotionally available to Gwyneth at some point, and feeling stuck and "running away" in than sense. If so, it makes sense that je wluldn't want to perflrm it and stir up old emotional wounds. My littlen theory on why they don't perform it. A shame though, as as it is one of their best songs.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

That's true. This project was a real high point of last year for me. It was A great team experience, wasn't it? I always wondered if the song was about Chris not being emotionally available to Gwyneth at some point, and feeling stuck and "running away" in than sense. If so, it makes sense that je wluldn't want to perflrm it and stir up old emotional wounds. My littlen theory on why they don't perform it. A shame though, as as it is one of their best songs.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I mean also it is a B-side and they don't really play them but I mean also it depends how into the song they are now. I mean they could all look at that song and really think it's trash for all we know and not want to play it :p Chris probably doesn't even remember the lyrics now anyway... Can't blame him if he can't though, the song's pretty old and he probably hasn't thought about it since they recorded it.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Miracles do happen !!!

On 19 June 2016 I dropped this package in the mailbox at The Bakery:

upload_2018-6-26_17-54-26.png.da4356b696928ffc20edbf818cc1d11f.png

And today I found this in my mailbox:

upload_2018-6-26_17-55-3.png.d950d0a3924daf9526cb7df20010cb17.png

Strange thing is that I was thinking about making a new letter for the band to drop in their mailbox when I visit London in a couple of weeks... must be telepathy. :D

• Like 11

Miracles do happen !!!

[ATTACH=full]7900[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]7901[/ATTACH]

Strange thing is that I was thinking about making a new letter for the band to drop in their mailbox when I visit London in a couple of weeks... must be telepathy. :D

Wow, congratulations ! Have they run out of AHFOD Era pics though (MX Era pic ?) And whose handwriting is that ?

And well, maybe they did open the package only recently o_O

Wow, congratulations ! Have they run out of AHFOD Era pics though (MX Era pic ?) And whose handwriting is that ?

And well, maybe they did open the package only recently o_O

Believe in miracles

This is so sweet and so amazing!!

#anythingispossible

• Like 1

Miracles do happen !!!

Congratulations! :)

Two years is quite a long time but it kind of makes me think of all those Coldplay songs about the passage of time such as Clocks etc, so it seems totally appropriate! Lovely photo and it's great they have a way to do something like that for their fans!

Obviously in real life you probably want to check your mail more often, especially if you are trying to do something but it's nice to think that even Coldplay manage to go through their mail every so often!

Thanks for sharing... it must have been a fantastic surprise! :)

love

Freya