✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Future of the Coldplaying App

stephen

• Administrators

Hi Everyone,

Most of you may have noticed that the Coldplaying app has been removed from the IOS app store and has not been working so well on Android lately. This is mostly due to lack of funding for the app. For a small site like Coldplaying, it is not viable to continue development on our app.

App Costs

Tapatalk BYO - $40/mo

Apple Developer License - $99/yr

Google Developer License - $25/yr

Total - $604/yr (+ any extra costs)

As of today, we will no longer be supporting the app and pretty soon it will be removed from the Play Store. You will still be able to use the app but once you uninstall it, it will be gone forever. We simply cannot afford to continue with the app and even if we offer it as a paid product, the small amount of users would never be able to cover the costs.

However we are looking for a developer who can create a coldplaying app for us that will support the Xenforo API and Wordpress. If you are a developer or happen to know one, please email me at [email protected] or drop me a PM here. This would eliminate the tapatalk BYO charged every month but we would have to pay a one time fee to the developer which could prove to be quite expensive.

Thank you for your interest in the Coldplaying App!

• Like 3

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators
It doesn't work well at all. I can't find the galleries, etc...

I'm happy with using the website!

[emoji294]

It works quite well but doesn't include some features such as the Gallery and Multimedia

Guest diogo_sg

Oh no! I'm so sorry about this [emoji47] [emoji22]

I hope you can find a developer very very soon. Some people rely a lot (even exclusively) on this app to use the forums!! It would be very sad to see it disappear :bigcry:

Damn, the app was what I mainly used before sending my phone off for repairs. Sad to hear that it'll be going, using Coldplaying on a phone browser will be a nightmare.

In future or even now, I'd be willing to pay to support a Coldplaying app or Coldplaying in general. I also have a step brother who's job is app making and stuff. We don't really talk but if you want me to I can put you in touch with him.

using Coldplaying on a phone browser will be a nightmare.

I agree!....but luckily those already with the app can still use it.

I also have a step brother who's job is app making and stuff. We don't really talk but if you want me to I can put you in touch with him.

Please do! Send a PM to [uSER=100956]@stephen[/uSER]

I agree!....but luckily those already with the app can still use it.

Please do! Send a PM to [uSER=100956]@stephen[/uSER]

My phone has to be reset so the app won't be there whenever I get it back :(

I'll PM him now.

My phone has to be reset so the app won't be there whenever I get it back :(

I'll PM him now.

Oh no! I hope it will still be on the store when you get it back.....if not, I wish I knew of a way to send apps

• Like 1

Oh no! I hope it will still be on the store when you get it back.....if not, I wish I knew of a way to send apps

I got lucky, literally a few minutes after posting that, I got an email saying my device is ready for collection:dance:. Got the app.

• Like 1

• Administrators
If you don't have the app installed when it gets deleted you can still use the tapatalk app, it's essentially the same as the Coldplaying app, so it's much more convenient than a mobile web browser.

This may also change, tapatalk's software has been interfering with the forums as they use their own CDN and collect users data.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you want, I can help, at least with the iOS version.

I don't have a Google Developer account, but I pay for the Apple Developer Program.

I also have access to the Xenforo API because I use Xenforo in my own site.

I'm based out of the US, so I will need to convert currencies.

Let me know if you need help!

• 2 months later...
Yayyy the app is back! Thanks everyone!

Would like the Multi quote feature though (or is that somehow implemented in a way I haven't discovered yet? I've only had it for about 15 minutes lol)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Coldplaying mobile app

Just click on multiple posts and then click the message button in the top right

Yes, I've noticed issues with TapATalk.

:surprised:

This may also change, tapatalk's software has been interfering with the forums as they use their own CDN and collect users data.
  • Like 1

Ah! That's why I'm getting advertising to install the app. [emoji4]

Glad that it is available again (for other users).

I'm a fan from the first hour so I still have it and it is still up to date it seems. [emoji4]

Wait, whaaat? Is the app available on iOS?

I'm not sure about iOS. I do know it is available on Android however, since this morning on my phone when I came on to the site a message popped up saying I can install the app again. :)

Ah! That's why I'm getting advertising to install the app. [emoji4]

Glad that it is available again (for other users).

I'm a fan from the first hour so I still have it and it is still up to date it seems. [emoji4]

I still would have had the old version had I not dropped my phone and broke the screen (twice, then we just got a new phone). Not sure how to transfer apps from phone to phone, both screens need to be on and I had to guess where to press on the broken screen but I just couldn't. For automatically transferring them through some program on computer I couldn't find a good one without having to pay money... Oh well. At least once again I have the app :)

• Like 1