✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2017-08-25] NRG Stadium, Houston, TX (Cancelled)

AMDB9

The stage is being set up, so it still looks green lit.

Great find. I was wondering if that was taking place. I agree with cutting the early acts and starting Coldplay at 7 to make it safer for people to get out. In my opinion, flooding won't start until Saturday anyway once the rains start to accumulate.

I was in Dallas as well right by the C stage on the floor. Best concert I have even been to.

Great find. I was wondering if that was taking place. I agree with cutting the early acts and starting Coldplay at 7 to make it safer for people to get out. In my opinion, flooding won't start until Saturday anyway once the rains start to accumulate.

I was in Dallas as well right by the C stage on the floor. Best concert I have even been to.

I want to go but then don't want to go at the same due to the weather....but I would really love Midnight to play right as the storm comes in. That would be the best thing ever. I always think of storms with the song Midnight, it just fits so well.

Update: Umbrellas ARE permitted. Official word from NRG Stadium.

Reposting this image that someone posted on the event page.

Also, I see former workers on there saying to take shoes you don't care too much about because if it does flood, the poor drainage in the parking lots tend to collect water up to your ankles.

IMG_4574.JPG.9b79cdb5f0dcaea852bfdf0baa823ac2.JPG

I want to go but then don't want to go at the same due to the weather....but I would really love Midnight to play right as the storm comes in. That would be the best thing ever. I always think of storms with the song Midnight, it just fits so well.

I've been to several of their AHFOD concerts all over the USA so I know their set list by heart. Not to disappoint you, but they usually only play Midnight as a 30 or so second intro transition to the next song. You can usually look up the set list online, and it usually won't differ more than 1-2 songs.

I've been to several of their AHFOD concerts all over the USA so I know their set list by heart. Not to disappoint you, but they usually only play Midnight as a 30 or so second intro transition to the next song. You can usually look up the set list online, and it usually won't differ more than 1-2 songs.

They play the best part though! :D

NRG Park's official Facebook page just updated with a sort-of FAQ for the concert.

Umbrellas are a go as long as you don't open them within the stadium. The clear bag policy won't be implemented, but bags need to be no larger than 11"x17" and no backpacks or luggage bags.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10159067963475391

Mobile Link: https://www.facebook.com/nrgparkfan/posts/10159067963475391

NRG Park's official Facebook page just updated with a sort-of FAQ for the concert.

Umbrellas are a go as long as you don't open them within the stadium. The clear bag policy won't be implemented, but bags need to be no larger than 11"x17" and no backpacks or luggage bags.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10159067963475391

Mobile Link: https://www.facebook.com/nrgparkfan/posts/10159067963475391

So the concert will not be postponed?

7:00 am NHC update:

HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND

----------------------

RAINFALL: Harvey is expected to produce total rain accumulations of

10 to 15 inches with isolated maximum amounts of 25 inches over the

Texas coast through next Wednesday. During the same time period

Harvey is expected to produce total rain accumulations of 3 to 9

inches along its outer radius including parts of south, central, and

eastern Texas and the lower Mississippi Valley. Rainfall from Harvey

may cause life-threatening flooding.

STORM SURGE: The combination of a dangerous storm surge and the

tide will cause normally dry areas near the coast to be flooded by

rising waters moving inland from the shoreline. The water is

expected to reach the following heights above ground if the peak

surge occurs at the time of high tide...

Port Mansfield to San Luis Pass...5 to 7 ft

San Luis Pass to High Island...2 to 4 ft

Mouth of the Rio Grande to Port Mansfield...2 to 4 ft

The deepest water will occur along the immediate coast near and to

the northeast of the landfall location, where the surge will be

accompanied by large and destructive waves. Surge-related flooding

depends on the relative timing of the surge and the tidal cycle, and

can vary greatly over short distances. For information specific to

your area, please see products issued by your local National Weather

Service forecast office.

WIND: Hurricane conditions are likely within the hurricane warning

area late Friday or Friday night, with tropical storm conditions

expected to first reach the coast in the hurricane warning area

Friday.

SURF: Swells generated by Harvey are likely to affect the Texas,

Louisiana, and northeast Mexico coasts by Friday. These swells are

likely to cause life-threatening surf and rip current conditions.

Please consult products from your local weather office.

p120i.gif?1503577195

Houston hourly forecast during concert time. Seems manageable with the storm being 200 miles to the south west. I am all for being safe but given the forecast, NRG will be safe even into Saturday. The heavy rain isn't expected in Houston till Sunday. If this concert was Saturday night, then you think hard about cancelling.

upload_2017-8-24_9-41-44.png.6bc820ba706af37fc2d2bae1be7d5920.png

Is the rain not gonna be bad by Friday? I assume Coldplay could still play, but play earlier and end the show earlier. Saturday is gonna be bad. Not Friday.

I am driving from San Antonio and it will be very bad Saturday, not Friday so I am not backing out. That would be a great idea if they just had Coldplay start at 7pm.

The friggin city is going to be shutting down tomorrow. the prospects of putting on a show while the city preps for a week's worth of flooding is poor on everyone's part. This show simply needs to be rescheduled. I don't know what they're waiting for.

It will not have even made landfall by the time the show starts. I lived in Louisiana and was flooded for Katrina (yes we evacuated) and this storm is nothing but a rain event for Houston. Almost no one will evacuated from Houston. And the impacts of that rain won't be felt till Sunday. Houston doesn't have much "prep" to do so cancelling doesn't make sense to me.

It will not have even made landfall by the time the show starts. I lived in Louisiana and was flooded for Katrina (yes we evacuated) and this storm is nothing but a rain event for Houston. Almost no one will evacuated from Houston. And the impacts of that rain won't be felt till Sunday. Houston doesn't have much "prep" to do so cancelling doesn't make sense to me.

nothing but a rain event on Sunday? This thing just got upgraded to a strong Cat3 at landfall with 125 mph winds. with every update the picture worsens. I'm sorry but I believe you're going to be wildly off here.

rbtop-animated.gif