✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2017-08-25] NRG Stadium, Houston, TX (Cancelled)

AMDB9

Good morning. We’re very pleased to announce the first 2017 North American shows for the A Head Full Of Dreams Tour – including the band’s first Canadian shows in five years. The dates are as follows:

Fri Aug 25 – Houston, TX – NRG Stadium

Tickets go on general sale on Saturday, Oct 15 at 10am local time, apart from Montreal (Oct 15, 12noon) and Miami (Oct 21, 10am).

Support: AlunaGeorge and Izzy Bizu

Guys I just signed up to Coldplay newslater yesterday and have yet to received the presale code. If someone has a presale code and is not going to use it please message me! I plan to make the drive with my wife and son to Houston from Dallas. We would greatly appreciate the love.

Thanks!

I have been to many events at NRG but only a few concerts. It's big. seats 71,000+ what ever the put on the floor. It's a football stadium so floor is over 100 yards. I was in Austin for ACL and couldn't remember the first 6 digits of my Citi card so didn't get to sale until 2 hours in. Got near end of ramp so it's all good. Show #52. Will get to have another Phil birthday party.

• Like 4

I have been to many events at NRG but only a few concerts. It's big. seats 71,000+ what ever the put on the floor. It's a football stadium so floor is over 100 yards. I was in Austin for ACL and couldn't remember the first 6 digits of my Citi card so didn't get to sale until 2 hours in. Got near end of ramp so it's all good. Show #52. Will get to have another Phil birthday party.

That was awesome to be a part of PH's birthday tribute!!!

I'm excited that I pretty much have the exact same seats that I did in Dallas, just on the opposite side of the catwalk! Happy to be on Chris' preferred side this time! (Section C, Row 18)

Does anyone of you guys have still a presale code available? I've been subscribed with coldplay.com since 2011 now, and didn't get a presale code? I was really hoping to see them because they are truly one of my favorites! PLEASE PLEASE! I NEED HELP! EACH CODE IS GOOD FOR 4 TICKETS AND I ONLY NEED 2!!! PLEASE! THIS WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO ME!!! DM ME!

• Like 1

Does anyone of you guys have still a presale code available? I've been subscribed with coldplay.com since 2011 now, and didn't get a presale code? I was really hoping to see them because they are truly one of my favorites! PLEASE PLEASE! I NEED HELP! EACH CODE IS GOOD FOR 4 TICKETS AND I ONLY NEED 2!!! PLEASE! THIS WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO ME!!! DM ME!

Use presale code DANCE from Livenation. Not sure if its still good.

ETA: From Google - The Live Nation presale code is DANCE and the LN Mobile app password is COVERT. For the Citi cardmember presale, you can try using promo code 412800, but you'll need a Citi card to complete your purchase.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

About less than a month out from the concert, so I figured I would bump this thread up, since it seems like the other August dates are doing the same. :D Austinite here going out to Houston after I catch them in Chicago the week before! Lots of traveling!

What section is everyone in? I'll be in section G if I recall correctly, and I'll be wearing a recreation of Beyonce's Hymn For The Weekend outfit I made, that I'm wearing in my avatar. I'm super excited for the show!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Ummm a Hurricane might be coming this Friday. Would Coldplay still play or no?

I'm driving over for the show and concerned about the storm as well. would be good to know what the contingency plans are in the event of a cancellation.

You think they'll announce something Thursday or Friday morning?. I'm sure they don't know about the storm yet.

I would hope they'd be on top of this today. The weather outlook is getting poorer by the minute. They are predicting likely flooding to a wide area of east Texas all the way to Austin over the entire weekend beginning Friday. It's not looking promising at the moment. I'm just hoping that if it is cancelled that the show is rescheduled at a later date.

From the national weather service:

Tropical Weather Outlook

NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL

800 AM EDT Wed Aug 23 2017

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

1. Satellite images, reconnaissance data and surface observations

indicate that the remmants of Harvey are close to redeveloping into

a tropical depression over the southwestern Gulf of Mexico about 150

miles west of Merida, Mexico. Advisories will likely be re-initiated

at 10 am CDT on this system. The low is forecast to move to the

northwest at about 10 mph across the western Gulf of Mexico,

possibly reaching the northwestern Gulf coast late Friday. This

system is likely to slow down once it reaches the coast, increasing

the threat of a prolonged period of heavy rainfall and flooding

across portions of Texas and Louisiana into early next week. Harvey

could also produce storm surge and tropical storm or hurricane force

winds along portions of the Texas coast later this week, and

Tropical Storm or Hurricane Watches could be required later today

for portions of the coast of northeastern Mexico, Texas, and

southwestern Louisiana. Interests in these areas should monitor the

progress of this system and refer to products issued by your local

National Weather Service office for more information.

* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...near 100 percent.

* Formation chance through 5 days...high...near 100 percent.

If they do still play, would the concert be cut short a bit? Or at least play earlier in the day?

no idea. hopefully they'll announce something today. there's a fairly large break in the schedule in September so hopefully they won't feel obligated to force the issue in the midst of this storm, considering the crowd will be thinner than would be otherwise. Just reschedule later in September and roll with it would seem reasonable enough.

no idea. hopefully they'll announce something today. there's a fairly large break in the schedule in September so hopefully they won't feel obligated to force the issue in the midst of this storm, considering the crowd will be thinner than would be otherwise. Just reschedule later in September and roll with it would seem reasonable enough.

I guess from September 1-September 22, would be when they reschedule?